Wow, a FW900 for $239

Wow, it's a sony one too. If I didn't have mine I would buy this up (or if I had a reinforced steel desk to hold 2 of these :p )

yeah its good deal, its the second time iv seen this person trying to sell it, it was marked at like 270$ before. you have to take into account the 100$ shipping, your looking at $340 if you buy it now. This person is obviously very desperate to get rid of it to relist it again right after the first attempt wasnt a success.

I actually just puchased a FW900 3 days ago, @ 375 w/ free shipping, The guy said it will be packed in double box with foam on a half pallet, makes me feel good. Hope all goes well.

does anyone know where to get one in the UK?, the OP doesn't shipt internationally, due to the 100lb weight!

I'm sort of put off by the huge depth and the things about its lifespan I've heard.

there is a seller on ebay that's selling them for $225 if you live in the Chicago area... it's pretty tempting..

CRTs can have so many problems. I bought two brand new Sony G400s six years ago. Both had defects (one focus, other had a big dark patch) and had to be fixed as soon as I got them. One of them developed another defect just before the end of warranty (huh!). Right now, six years later, they look very out of focus and washed out (both) next to the 3007. There's a reason they're so cheap. That's not to say you're not going to get one that's in good shape and lightly used (lots of people here bought those and are happy). It's always been a lot bigger gamble with CRTs than with LCDs. Of course, if you could see it in action before you buy it, it'd be worth while.

I don't know, you could always get stuck with a brand new $800+ LCD with 7 dead pixels, input lag, one side of the screen brighter than the other, shitty scaling, component outputs that just don't work and so on and so on.

I've had my Dell P991 (Sony Trinitron) since 1999. I've hadn't had a single problem with it in all these years. The only reason I'm replacing it with a FW900 is for widescreen compatibility with my xbox 360 (I've been playing Oblivion, wich stretches 16:9 to 4:3, on a viewing area of 14x8 lol). Watching the odd hi def movie on it will be a bonus.

I was going to get an LCD until every damn model of a decent size had either a pricetag over $1000 or reported problems galore. Forget that.

Back