WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

So I just did a little burn out session of wow, got two characters to ilvl 390 and another to 85 starting at lvl 72, maxed all trade skills, with the exception of cooking, fishing and archeology. Oh and got a full set for off spec too, maybe just as good of gear as my main spec.

I really hope mop brings in more unique stuff, this game is 100% standard now, theres little difference between the separate classes, everything (not talking gear) is handed to you, there are no more rituals, no more reagents, just pick up and go. Its really amazing how much of a shell this game is of its former self. I hope mop brings it.

Last edited:
I am back to WoW again after playing Guild Wars 2 this weekend. For whatever reason I just could not get into GW2 like i expected, it did not draw me in, or captivate me like WoW did.

I tried a new character in WoW, first time leveling up in the revamped lowbie zones, and I really enjoying it a lot.

I am back to WoW again after playing Guild Wars 2 this weekend. For whatever reason I just could not get into GW2 like i expected, it did not draw me in, or captivate me like WoW did.

I tried a new character in WoW, first time leveling up in the revamped lowbie zones, and I really enjoying it a lot.

God speed captain. God speed.

On a serious note, I just can't commit back to WoW after knowing it's the same shit, or has been the same shit, for 7 somewhat years. Just no substance. Heh.

I left WoW just after the BC, then was back a week or two for WoTLK. Haven't been back since...Call me foolish, but i prefered to remember it from that time. :)
Figure going back now would be fun, but would ultimately dissapoint with all the dumbing down i hear has happened in the game.
F2P, Well, THAT would be a different story..lol

I've always had a hard-on for vanilla WoW, so i still play that off and on... but most servers are full of rtards.... guess it goes with the territory lol

I changed faction. Took one of toons, threw gold and all the lvl gear you can get. $50.00 later im horde and on a new server.

New toon + lvl gear + gold + lvl 25 guild perks = new lvl 85 horde toon in a week. :)

How do you still play vanilla WoW?

probably an emulation server, where they try to get the original worlds as close as possible as they could to the original.

Took a while but they did it for EQ.

I know Blizz would never do it but I can't see why they wouldn't just put out a few Vanilla servers that are capped at lv 60. Would be a kick to experience the first couple years of Wow again.

Blizzard can't even do stuff like this anymore. 2.5 months before it release, Blizzard would have all of the resources for it in the game files which would get picked apart and posted on sites like MMO-Champion. Then 6 weeks before release it would be in a beta which everyone would see and spam screen shots around. When the content finally hit the live game, everyone would know exactly where all of the dragons live, when/how to fight them, and what items they dropped. When going after the dragons, people in the guild would continuous link the entire loot table from an add on they have.

Someone would then finish collecting the items, summon a NPC no one cares about, get a quest item, then everyone would call them a n00b because there is another item in XYZ heroic dungeon that has 2 extra hit rating over the quest item. And the n00b callers would already have the item.

What you are describing is really tons of MMO betas , they all get picked apart before release once the NDA lifts. If that style of MMO beta news is not to your liking then of course WoW would just be more of the same.

You could just not choose to read or watch videos about it and then be actually surprised with things.

I know Blizz would never do it but I can't see why they wouldn't just put out a few Vanilla servers that are capped at lv 60. Would be a kick to experience the first couple years of Wow again.

Worked well with EQ is all I can say. Will it feel the same as your original dive into WoW? not even close but people will still play it and enjoy it? Yes. It would be instantly popular.

If anyone wants a Scroll of Res let me know , I wanna get the mount now that I reactivated :)

I resubbed to see what new talents were like and hate them, atleast for a warrior. Might log in sometime later to check priest but not too thrilled so far

I resubbed to see what new talents were like and hate them, atleast for a warrior. Might log in sometime later to check priest but not too thrilled so far

You actually get extra. Some mechanics were removed and others increased. But its essentially the same tree, you get everything the tree had to offer, the new skills offer nothing but survival and very marginal dps.

Yeah...okay. :rolleyes:

Better to have cookie-cutter talents.

we were doing this before regardless, it wouldn't be any different. Every mmo has some way you can slipstream the information out of a patch and parse out the information.

Butt what wow has done before is not even let us download the zone information files keeping the place a complete secret. But yea beta testers will still try to ruin it.

Exactly. Welcome to every MMO beta , things get spoiled. The only way to avoid them is to not read up about them.

I'm pretty much in the dark for this expansion and thats the way I like it.

My best advice to someone wanting to avoid having the expansions spoiled? Take a break from the game at least 4 months before an expansion comes out and log on a few days before it starts. You'll get the fresh experience and will be there for the live events Blizzard's GM's have planned.

Why did weapon dps blow up so much in this patch? It seems around level 81 weapon dps is now double what it was. What is the purpose of this?

My wife and I reactivated our accounts on Friday - had cancelled in late June just because. I have 85s of every class right now, only played a few over the weekend, just specced & checked out the dummies on others.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the changes made. I like that they elminated things that made it unreasonable to use blizzard instead of flamestrike, or didn't provide living bomb to frost mages, etc -- it provides some variety even within a given playstyle. It's kind of awesome that you can pick your talents to provide utility based on your playstyle rather than being all but required to take "increases your fireball crit chance by 1%" five times. I like that I can use glyphs that change my polymorph to penguins or add lightning bolts to a thunderclap, and not feel like I'm gimping my dps just for something fun.

It seems they made a lot of classes "watch for this proc, and use it ASAP," which I think can be good. As a fire mage, it's pretty easy -- watch for heating up, inferno blast before fireball hits, pyro on hot streak, combustion. The middle-of-the-screen indicators make that pretty easy. Frost DK's on the other hand, to me, still seem kind of goofy. Watching for both procs, rune cooldowns, etc just make it seem clunky to me. Ret paladins have been made significantly more interesting imo. Feels like you're actually casting buttons and have abilities to fill downtime.

If the actual MoP expansion maintains this gameplay style, I think, even though the Panda thing is kinda dumb, it could be the best one since TBC. Of course, I'm older now and have gotten progressively more casual, so........yeah.

It took me some time to come to grips with the "Panda" thing. I feel like its an ode to Kung Fu Panda the movie and I'm sure that influenced them and there will be tons of jokes to that effect in the quest lines.

But outside of that silly stuff the actual content looks very engaging.

It took me some time to come to grips with the "Panda" thing. I feel like its an ode to Kung Fu Panda the movie and I'm sure that influenced them and there will be tons of jokes to that effect in the quest lines.

But outside of that silly stuff the actual content looks very engaging.
There is some stuff that looks to be taken frim kung fu panda, but really its all taken from the cheesy king fu movies if you think about it.

also there are some easter eggs relating to kung fu panda with quests as well. Vanilla had some awesome easter eggs like that, like cata with the indiana jones spoofs.

How do you still play vanilla WoW?

probably an emulation server, where they try to get the original worlds as close as possible as they could to the original.

Took a while but they did it for EQ.

Yea this. Except private servers seem to have very short life spans, and most of the population is retarded. A waste of time, really, because you work on a character for a bit and then drama happens and your server's population plummets over night.

I still had some fun moments though... instead of rushing to 60 like most, i twinked at 45ish and stomped people in STV lol

Yea they've stated that they 'look forward, not to the past' or some shenanigans. I, for one, would gladly give them some more money if i could play vanilla again, but alas... it's probably for the better lol

Did you'll see this linked on the front page of [H]? Seems that Blizzard is encoding your WoW screenshots with your Account ID and other information. So when you post your pics of your favorite WoW moments you're opening yourself up to hackers.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...l/375573-looking-inside-your-screenshots.html

DOES NOT CONTAIN the account password, the IP address of the user or any personal information like name/surname etc. It does contain the account ID, a timestamp and the IP address of the current realm.

This doesn't open anything up to hackers. If a hacker getting your email address lets them into your account, you already had other problems.

This doesn't open anything up to hackers. If a hacker getting your email address lets them into your account, you already had other problems.

True to an extent. It just helps refine their search. There was a great web article that showed one time, one of the most common ways of getting hacked was through websites. All a person has to do is just share a picture to a friend, they post online somewhere and somebody tries to hack your account. Account gets suspended, and cause a small grief. While it may only take a couple of minutes to fix, thats still more aggravation that shouldnt be there. All they have to do to fix that is just make it character name, not freaking account name. Which is identical to email name, and more than likely they tried to hack that, so now your email is locked too.

Last edited:
From Wow Insider..

We're hearing from sources around the internet today that Blizzard has been discovered to be including extra information in screenshots taken from within the game via a hidden watermark. Allegedly, some of this information includes the server IP (not your IP), the account number (not the associated email address or account name), and the time and date the screenshot was taken.

While this might sound unsettling at first, there's a few things we want to get out right away. Please read them carefully, because this isn't as much a security risk as some currently believe:
Your account cannot be hacked with this information
There is no personal security risk
There is no online security risk
These watermarks provide Blizzard with information to go after players posting cheats or private servers. If Blizzard knows the IP of a private server, then it can send take down notices. If it knows the account number of the person posting screenshots of an internal alpha test, then it can terminate that employee or suspend their alpha testing account.

What can't happen is that the information cannot be used to trace screenshots to your IP, allowing someone to identify where you lived. The account number isn't a big deal, either. That number is already accessible via the Armory. The account number cannot be used to hack your account. While we all may not want this information divulged publicly on principle, it can't be used to hurt you, even if it is spooky.

We have been able to reproduce the watermark (or whatever the artifacts may be) fairly simply. Again, though, there is no information in these watermarks that connect your screenshots to you, the person behind your keyboard, living on Dreary Lane. Only to connect your public display of cheating to your World of Warcraft account and/or private server.

Fine with me. I don't see any kind of threat.

If you up your max resolution for taking screenshots in the game , using a simple command , it makes the embedded code impossible to cipher.

So its easy to bypass if you are paranoid.

If you up your max resolution for taking screenshots in the game , using a simple command , it makes the embedded code impossible to cipher.

So its easy to bypass if you are paranoid.

They aren't the first or last ones to do this. Its not personal information, just tracking information.

Hell most phones take the same type of information when you take a photo.

They aren't the first or last ones to do this. Its not personal information, just tracking information.

Hell most phones take the same type of information when you take a photo.

No but its a sneaky little tactic , I'm sure you "Ok'd" when you signed "accept" on the EULA but no one who isn't the media actually reads them.

Still its a concern whenever your own information is being distributed in a way you might not be aware of.

Last edited:
I wonder, how many of people say, that "OMG, Blizz iz posting mah screenshotz, and my personal data" put the most stupid pictures of them on FB or any other social media, with more unwillingly shared personal info on them? ;)

My interest in this expansion is still pegging at 0. Usually I would of had a little bit of interest in a new expansion, but not this time. Guess it is the pandas.

My interest in this expansion is still pegging at 0. Usually I would of had a little bit of interest in a new expansion, but not this time. Guess it is the pandas.

I believe most inactive accounts get a free 7 day trial thing after the last patch. Might be worth giving it a shot. I wasn't really interested in the xpac, but I'm very happy with the changes they made to mages (and I'm looking to cure my altoholism and get back to my main....), so I'll be playing.

I'm not all that excited about the whole Panda thing either, but every class I previously found to be too clunky, awkward, RNG based, or just flat out boring (ret paladin much?), has been fixed enough for me to be quite happy with. Hopefully the rest of the expansion shows similar improvement.

I have to agree with him. I have played WoW since the beta. I am one of those who had to sit in Ironforge most of my time admiring those who had the time and guild to complete raids and get gear. I didn't mind that I'd never get to that point. I still had fun with the game and knew I could still push to that point if I really wanted.

I have to agree with him. I have played WoW since the beta. I am one of those who had to sit in Ironforge most of my time admiring those who had the time and guild to complete raids and get gear. I didn't mind that I'd never get to that point. I still had fun with the game and knew I could still push to that point if I really wanted.

Its true but after 8 years of this game and some people who've played since day 1 (like me , well on and off) we don't always want to join a raiding guild and meet a grueling sched every week. Most of us have jobs , GF's/Wives and families and we just can't devote that kind of time. Its cool the first few years to know the content is there but after you pay $14.95 for a couple of years and buy the expansions you feel almost entitled in seeing that content since playing an MMO like WoW is an expensive thing over time.

They decided to appeal to the more casual crowd and POM is kind of a love letter to all those players that felt Cata was a let down and went off the path of how WoW is suppose to be.

Back