WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

^^ What you queue as has 0 bearing on what you get, the entire system is based on what your current spec is, and some will even do a spec change before using the coin so they can attempt to gear up 2 spec's at once.

and man.. now a new lfr element is happening.. people are screwing up the raids on purpose I guess... in 2 of the 3 runs yesterday through terrace lfr.. some asshat would pull all 4 sha's ( opening trash ) once.. it wiped the raid.. once.. we survived..but some jerks are griefing lfr on purpose..pull the whole room.. then run out.. wtf?

Just wait until 5.2 when wipes will become even more common just for higher buff rating.

Why is it all that gets discussed here is random raiding/PvE stuff. Is that all you do?

Just randomly clicked through a few pages just to be sure, yep, just idle chatter about doing random bosses or getting drops. That shit is seriously lame.
hi.. welcvome to the thread...

how can we serve you?

n00b :eek:

what about 5.2 should encourage more wipes in LFR? easy loots that allow peeps to get into the lfr to begin with>

on a side note.. I moved one of my 90's to the RP server I started a monk ona week or two ago.. mules some gold and some royal satchels..

going PVE server.. the "world pvp" bs.. isnt world pvp at all.. its just feels more like bullying to be honest.. getting ganked repeatedly? by multiples of others... not fun. So.. moved to RP realm..

kind of odd too.. faction changed.. went back to being horde.. but have been playing allia for a while.. trying to find shit around org..fun..lol. luckily, the rep token things I bought on my main with 5.1 ( gives bonus rep to all alts after a main has gotten to revered status with any rep group ) carried with the server / faction change..

Why is it all that gets discussed here is random raiding/PvE stuff. Is that all you do?

Just randomly clicked through a few pages just to be sure, yep, just idle chatter about doing random bosses or getting drops. That shit is seriously lame.

Go start a thread over at EJ and see how quickly you get bumped into the nub category. Most of the [H] group are casual/medium players, but no progression raiders AFIAK. When I hit 90 I'll be progression raiding again, but don't expect to see any posts here about strategy and minmaxing.

Go start a thread over at EJ and see how quickly you get bumped into the nub category. Most of the [H] group are casual/medium players, but no progression raiders AFIAK. When I hit 90 I'll be progression raiding again, but don't expect to see any posts here about strategy and minmaxing.

Uh, I don't care about PvE in any form, for me it's lame. I don't have anything against discussing PvE but so far none of this thread really constitutes a discussion.

I was surprised to see that this thread only contained people talking about derping around in LFR and what not. I mean, it's 79 pages. I figured there might be some interesting PvP related posts or something even more interesting/funny (like this: http://www.bitnexus.net/RP/viewtopic.php.htm ), but it's really just derp... Yeah I'm kinda trollin, but it's out of disappointment.

Last edited:
so.. welcome to the thread Flosser.. thanks for running in and thread crapping... I dont recall our asking for your apparently selfish opinion..dont like pve? *golf clap* for you...

well.. the guild I have been progressing with.. 8/16.. seems to be crumbling.. so odd the way things can change in a week or two.. not bailing quite yet.. but hand writing is on the wall..

moved my 90 pally to a pve realm.. not enjoying the gank fest referred to as "world pvp".. and went PROT. never have played a tank in wow.. so.. was able to get to 450-ish with AH stuff.. and ran a bunch of heroics.. of course.. trying to learn the rotations, etc.. 1 day of playing does not make a great tank.. lol.. but its kind of fun..

just may move my mage main over to this realm as well...

Thinking about dusting off the ole Prot Pally today. He's level 80 and I haven't played him since ICC days.

The mechanics have changed pretty drastically since then, haven't they? Holy power didn't even exists the last time I played him, and I had my entire rotation built into a cast sequence macro (the 6-9-6-9-6 rotation).

Is the holy power mechanic pretty easy to get a hang of?

well.. somewhat.. ya.. I mean.. again.. just one day playing with it.. I made a macro as well.. but it needs tweaking..

oddly.. PROT Pally's atm..actually arent as big on Dodge / Parry.. there s a weakness where generating H Pwr actually allows using Shield of the righteous (iirc ) that builds mitigation ( stacks up to 5x iirc )

check out Noxxic or Ivy Veins topic on it.. but ya.. I mean.. basic mechanics in wow are really face roll these days.. but doing that well? understanding the nuances? thats different and takes practice...

but I went from nekked to a 450 ilvl+ PROT gear our from AH for like 10k G.. enough to jump into heroics..and at the end of the day.. Im 462.. so.. tonight I can go ito the LFR for MV and get 476 gear..

well.. somewhat.. ya.. I mean.. again.. just one day playing with it.. I made a macro as well.. but it needs tweaking..

oddly.. PROT Pally's atm..actually arent as big on Dodge / Parry.. there s a weakness where generating H Pwr actually allows using Shield of the righteous (iirc ) that builds mitigation ( stacks up to 5x iirc )

check out Noxxic or Ivy Veins topic on it.. but ya.. I mean.. basic mechanics in wow are really face roll these days.. but doing that well? understanding the nuances? thats different and takes practice...

but I went from nekked to a 450 ilvl+ PROT gear our from AH for like 10k G.. enough to jump into heroics..and at the end of the day.. Im 462.. so.. tonight I can go ito the LFR for MV and get 476 gear..

I tell you what Affliction lock has to be one of the hardest specs to master I've ever seen. I'm not talking being good. I'm talking master. You can't do it without a dot managing addon because of pandemic, which means you can cast dots before they run out and it adds time onto them up to 50% of original time.

But anyway the problem is you cast your dots, then your trinkets pop so your dots are then at 150% of their original value. So you dark soul and recast them and sit on them because now your next set of dots will do 50% less damage then this set of dots. Over a 5 to 10 minute fight thats a lot of dot weaving.

Also I'm at work now does anyone know if there's maintenance tomorrow.

I tell you what Affliction lock has to be one of the hardest specs to master I've ever seen.

I found affliction to be very enjoyable. But not enjoyable enough. Said "screw it" last night, and transferred my 85 warrior over to my main server, and gave it a race change. I haven't seen many female panda warriors running around.

super.. yes.. there was maintenance.. wondering if 5.2 is coming soon..and yes.. same with my mage.. the mechanics are faceroll.. but to master.. shit is challenging!

ruoh.. nice female panda warrior? fun..

wow.. last night.. I was able to pug into the only 25 man raiding guild on the realm.. into terrace..

still no sha weapon.. but I did get a 502 Elite Dagger ( nice upgrade from my 483 lfr vs ) 503 back piece, and 496 tier shoulders! w00t.. im at a 493 ilvl now..

just the same.. I really need to figure out my frost spec.. I was near the bottom of the charts at 60k in there on 25 man regular terrace( granted.. I know the encounters from LFR, but doing regular IS different..plus I was nervous raiding with new people I wanted to impress, which I failed at I suppose, although I didnt die to any stupid mechanics.. that was a plus ) the top were 85k +..I doubt Ill be asked to pug again with them.. which sux..

their uber mage.. who was top of there meters.. is a nice guy though and gave me some good pointers..maybe.. If I can incorporate his input, practice with it.. and demonstrate some improvement..I could get another chance.. they are 16/16 3/16 H.. and not particularly elitest..

wow.. last night.. I was able to pug into the only 25 man raiding guild on the realm.. into terrace..

still no sha weapon.. but I did get a 502 Elite Dagger ( nice upgrade from my 483 lfr vs ) 503 back piece, and 496 tier shoulders! w00t.. im at a 493 ilvl now..

just the same.. I really need to figure out my frost spec.. I was near the bottom of the charts at 60k in there on 25 man regular terrace( granted.. I know the encounters from LFR, but doing regular IS different..plus I was nervous raiding with new people I wanted to impress, which I failed at I suppose, although I didnt die to any stupid mechanics.. that was a plus ) the top were 85k +..I doubt Ill be asked to pug again with them.. which sux..

their uber mage.. who was top of there meters.. is a nice guy though and gave me some good pointers..maybe.. If I can incorporate his input, practice with it.. and demonstrate some improvement..I could get another chance.. they are 16/16 3/16 H.. and not particularly elitest..

Congrats on the gear upgrades! I actually use the 502 elite dagger (I actually use the cloak you're using too as Heroic Wind Lord refuses to drop my mastery cloak!) over the regular versions of the
Sha Touched weapons (saving my legendary gem and extra socket for a heroic Sha Touched cause I'm a cheapskate). It's an extremely strong weapon. I was lucky enough to get it the very first week
Terrace came out and fully upgraded it on the spot. I haven't regretted it at all.

If you want to squeeze the most out of your class... you should really be considering going arcane. Arcane Mages and Affliction Warlocks are the strongest raiding dps specs in the game right now
by a pretty hefty margin. So much so that Blizzard has acknowledged they have a good 10% on everyone else. Arcane is simming almost a full 15% ahead of Frost so if you were to play the specs
with equal skill, that alone would have brought you from 60k dps to 70kdps.

I wouldn't worry too much about your dps though, it will steadily increase as you get more comfortable with your spec and your item level creeps up. With the extremely high gear scaling in this expansion,
a single gear upgrade makes much more of a difference then it used to (A bit of a change as gear is now just as important as skill level). Our guild just hit 12/16 on heroic modes last night and I can definitely
say that when we look for a raider... Situational awareness and personal survival is MUCH more important then the dps they're pumping out. If they're smart players who are learning the mechanics and
staying alive... The dps will come. Keep working on it and grats again on the kills/upgrades!

Inside sources are telling me that 5.2 will be dropping on February 26th. I hope this is a false rumor as there's no way my guild will be downing Heroic Sha of Fear within the next two weeks! QQ

Inside sources are telling me that 5.2 will be dropping on February 26th. I hope this is a false rumor as there's no way my guild will be downing Heroic Sha of Fear within the next two weeks! QQ

Lol, I welcome 5.2. The PVP updates will let me catch up on conquest since I started REALLY late in the season. Took me forever to get my T1 weapons.

Thanks Fixall..

Ya.. I used to be fire.. but it was obvious they were nerfing fire hard.. so.. I went frost.. because it seems.. as though they are nerfing Arcane.. 5.2 eliminates the Scorch weaving thing..but ya..maybe I should give it a try any way..

26th your hearing? I saw some micro ninja pre patches this weekend.. was thinking maybe 5.2 comes this week....but either way.. it is coming..

so I moved friday night.. to Lightning's Blade..switched to Horde as well..I was approached by a guild needing a mage.... they are 16/16 and 2/16 H I believe..now that Im Goblin, not so needing the sword anymore than the staff.. maybe Ill get lucky now..hoping this new guild is too elitiest.. so far so good.. first rid with them will be Tues

and I have made alot of progress on my old tendency to stand in fire.. so Im hoping survivability is taken into account!

I hope it is the 26th for 5.2 Blizzard really bothers me by leaving crap on PTR for way too long and making sure absolutely everything gets spoiled long before the content patches hit.

I hope it is the 26th for 5.2 Blizzard really bothers me by leaving crap on PTR for way too long and making sure absolutely everything gets spoiled long before the content patches hit.

I prefer that they play it safe than to have a few more game breaking bugs make it through.

I prefer that they play it safe than to have a few more game breaking bugs make it through.

~$100 million in monthly subscription revenue should give them the ability to release new content without game breaking bugs :D If that fails, then they really need a patching system like GW2 where they could patch games on the fly in minutes instead of days.

I would much rather do actual new content with some quirks than have all of the mystery ruined by MMO Champion, Icy Veins, and other sites.

Hell I started playing again when 5.1 hit and even with the default UI I *still* had problems with quests not working and the vehicle controls not showing up. So it isn't like they have a perfect game up and running right now.

Last edited:
I agree.. too long on PTR.. so "insider"guilds get all the strats and hand held before launch.. then others wonder why x guild beat a raid day 1...

I agree.. too long on PTR.. so "insider"guilds get all the strats and hand held before launch.. then others wonder why x guild beat a raid day 1...

My guild just hit 16/16 last night and is fairly casual, though I fully expect on launch day of 5.2 people are going to be like "OMG you didn't watch the videos?!?" :(

So, most people in this thread dont care for pvp or pvp is second to them after raiding it seems.

Grats Ocellaris..

AMG.. yes.. largely PVE convos.. what is there to say about pvp anyway.. I attacked.. got killed..He attacked.. I killed em.. they came back with 3.. I came back with 10.. etc etc

I was doing dailies and got ganked by moronic "world pvp" jack asses 3 vs 1... wee~

So, most people in this thread dont care for pvp or pvp is second to them after raiding it seems.

I PVP a lot however I lost interest in doing it until 5.2 comes out. I have full PVP gear and there isn't much of anything to gain by doing it before a new patch.

well..update on my main, mage. moved to Lightning's Blade, switched back to Horde and joined Ultimatum after being recruited. they are 16/16, and 2/6 H MV

cleared ToES and finally got a Sha Touched Weapon! yay! thing is.. its 496, I upgraded it to 500, but I have the 502 Dagger from last week, upgraded to 507.. not sure which to use now.. I put the INT gem, and the Prismatic slot on the Loushan... but it is less SP than the 507 dagger without the BP stuff..

going to play with Arcane ..even though allgedly getting nerfed... the GM whispered me..they were hoping for more dps.. and I get it.. I should be doing more..but It was fun to raid with better raiders.. and I will improve..

also got the 496 Essence Trinket off Sha.. not sure which is best.. as I have the 496 Static Trinket ( dominance Point )

one thing I know I can improve.. Im guilty of still.. being a clicker.. mouse clicks..instead of button masher.. But I also bought a razer naga.. with the 12 buttoins.. I need to force myself to use that...Im sure it would help in time...

So people are still playing WoW regularly ? Has the population declined since the heyday of TBC and Wrath ?

I played hard since release, up to Wrath, then Cat sort of killed it for me, just got burned out, and very bored with the same old same old. Was off and on playing Cat. Then MoP looked great at first, the new Asian theme zones were beautiful, but I couldn't make it to Level 87., just so sick of the grind and again, the overall same gameplay formula. Rinse and repeat the same old shit now for 8+ years.

Sorry, I think I'am done

So people are still playing WoW regularly ? Has the population declined since the heyday of TBC and Wrath ?

I played hard since release, up to Wrath, then Cat sort of killed it for me, just got burned out, and very bored with the same old same old. Was off and on playing Cat. Then MoP looked great at first, the new Asian theme zones were beautiful, but I couldn't make it to Level 87., just so sick of the grind and again, the overall same gameplay formula. Rinse and repeat the same old shit now for 8+ years.

Sorry, I think I'am done

It helps when you are like me. I played from release till TBC. Took break till cata, where cata promised to be new and fresh (I only played for like 2 months and instantly quit once i hit 85, there was nothing to do.). I just returned since Jan. to try MoP and I must say MoP is infinitely better than the crap that was cata. Though you dont really have to try hard. But I agree its just the same old shit for a long time now. I think I may just get all of my conq. gear which will take about another month, and just quit.

its fun, zor.. but in the end, it is.. the same old same old.. pretty much all mmo's are...

but.. its familiar.. and comfortable.. and there's still challenges for me.. so I continue on. I get why many dont.

I get bored with fps's.. that and dealing with hax..i loose interest quickly.. so I keep returning to mmo's

nothing exceptional.. just something to do... mop is better..but overall.. ssdd.. its a mmo..

I am now 16/16, and 1/16 H.. should be adding to the Heroic kills tonight as we go back for more...

The only thing I don't know WTF you guys are talking about it... 16/16 1/16 H... wtf is all of that mean???

ps ilvl 472 right now.

16/16 means he's killed all 16 bosses on normal mode, 1/16 means he's downed one boss on heroic mode so far

no.. not lfr.. in terms if easy mode lfr ( easiest .. minimal mechanics, zerg like )> regular mode (mechanics, more HP, more aoe )> Heroic ( lots of HPs on boss, twists to mechanics, more constant raid wide dmg, etc )

472, Grats! gls

Im at 494 as of last night..

Back