WoW; 4th expansion Mists of Pandaria

My main is a priest and I have a mage alt :p

Wind Lord has a lot of adds so there's a lot of cleave damage going around. Our warlock and warrior both did over 125k each. WoL report for the fight here

For single target fights I'm usually averaging between 70-80k

doing 70k on average with bosses..if Im lucky!

What spec is that with? Still fire?

will buy the static / shock trink tonight I guess.. or maybe I should just 2x upgrade my dmf?

What was your other trinket? I forget.

If you're going from 463/476 up to the 496, I'd buy the 496 before I upgraded the DMF, unless you plan on killing normal Sha of Fear (or get the 489 LotC) in the next couple weeks.

We got Wind Lord down last night, just barely though! Entire raid was dead except for our BoP'd ele shaman who managed to burn the last 400k. I think the issue is our balance druid is doing less than satisfying dps... ~85k -ish overall for the fight while the rest of our raid is sitting at 100k+.

Glad we got him down though, a cloth chest piece and priest token dropped. Won the roll on both, but passed the token to someone that could use it more.

That's not a DPS fight, unless people get killed by tornados the burn phase is easy. At 12% or so have the DPS and healers use the slipstream to go to the other end of the tunnel. Then tanks and DOTs push it from 12 to 10 and the DPS is already waiting at the other end.

Last edited:
That's not a DPS fight, unless people get killed by tornados the burn phase is easy. At 12% or so have the DPS and healers use the slipstream to go to the other end of the tunnel. Then tanks and DOTs push it from 12 to 10 and the DPS is already waiting at the other end.

Wind Lord, not Blade Lord. Easy to confuse, because the Blade Lord is the one that has tornados, while the Wind Lord is the one that throws blades at people. :D

My main is a priest and I have a mage alt :p

Wind Lord has a lot of adds so there's a lot of cleave damage going around. Our warlock and warrior both did over 125k each. WoL report for the fight here

For single target fights I'm usually averaging between 70-80k
ahh! ok. got it..70-80.. is still very nice!

What spec is that with? Still fire?
What was your other trinket? I forget.
If you're going from 463/476 up to the 496, I'd buy the 496 before I upgraded the DMF, unless you plan on killing normal Sha of Fear (or get the 489 LotC) in the next couple weeks.
gone to frost now.. my trinks are the SP Snow blossom one ( Prim INT, secondary /use CRIT)

so.. I was thinking either upgrade my 476 DMF... or replace my 489 SP Blossom with the 496 Static ( Prim +haste, secondary / use +INT )

Wind Lord, not Blade Lord. Easy to confuse, because the Blade Lord is the one that has tornados, while the Wind Lord is the one that throws blades at people. :D
LOL.. ya.. exactly.. the blade loard uses wind.. the wind lord uses blades.. wtf!... anyway.. grats Neb

got the 496 trinket!
ilvl 490 now
sadly though.. we got stuck at bladelord again..grr.. 3% wipes sux

I was talking about the wrong fights >_>

Oh but it applies this time! I'm pretty sure he's actually fighting Blade Lord, since he mentioned he was hoping to down Garalon, but got stuck. :D My group is the one that was working on Wind Lord, he's in a different guild/server/faction.

ya.. we beat Blade lord last week.. had a slightly different group this week... so.. we've done it.. just a crappy run last night.. we'll get it tonight~

Going to start work on Amber Shaper tonight, it ought to be a fun experience :) Good luck with Blade Lord and Garalon!

Last edited:
Replaced our previous rogue with another rogue, but this time from within guild so we now wll get the 1000g/week for killing a raid boss. Woohoo!

Last night did MSV + Protectors + 2/6 HoF. Tried frost on the first boss in HoF because I kept losing my arcane stacks between platforms and sometimes during attenuation, should've stayed arcane. Arcane, even with dropping stacks, is still ahead of frost by a fair bit. I was dead last dps in my raid group on our kill as frost.

2-shot bladelord with 5 minutes to spare before end of raid. Both healers made it down the slipstream this time. I think only 1 person died on that attempt. Was at 105k dps going into that phase, finished the fight at 87k.

Added just over 7k dps over my last ranked Feng kill, up to #80 now at 104k :D

Next week we're going to try to do probably MSV + Protectors on Wednesday, and then HoF w/ Garalon attempts on Sunday. We'll see.

damn it man.. you're leagues past me.. NICE

it really is a dps race.. 99% of fights...

we have folks doing 40k..some times..obviously.. thats not going to cut it.. Im usually 1-3 but my consistency sux too..always learning I guess..

I wish I could force my brain to use the Razor Naga I bought.. I think that would help me keep casting what I can.. when moving.. not that's my excuse.. Ill choose the I'm 50, my reactions are slow.. ya.. that the ticket.. lol

man.. I wish I could watch over your shoulder..see where Im missing the right cast at the right time..

I'm pretty excited for warlock green fire I gotta admit. :)

Heh they are finally doing this? Not sure how many times I saw this requested and even joked about by the devs.

Man I haven't played WoW since midway through WotLK but I still have a passing interest in the direction they take the game for some reason. I even skim the patch notes on occasion just to see what they are up to and if they are giving my main spec (Balance Druid) any love, though I haven't really paid much attention since the Pandas came out.

Guess when you spend that much time in a game world it's hard to abandon it completely.

OK I'm done rambling, carry on.

Garalon down, woo

Wind Lord down now too

wow.. awesome.. grats man.. what spec is your raider? get any phat 496 lewtz yourself?

on a personal level, besides random dungeon leveling my dk.. ( ugh.. insta ques are awesome for tank, but.. the groups at mid 70's... other dk's queuing as dps..but actively trying to out tank me, etc.. wtf?? )

I also started dabbling with the pets stuff... so.. tedious!

Heh they are finally doing this? Not sure how many times I saw this requested and even joked about by the devs.

Man I haven't played WoW since midway through WotLK but I still have a passing interest in the direction they take the game for some reason. I even skim the patch notes on occasion just to see what they are up to and if they are giving my main spec (Balance Druid) any love, though I haven't really paid much attention since the Pandas came out.

Guess when you spend that much time in a game world it's hard to abandon it completely.

OK I'm done rambling, carry on.

Yeah it's going to be an epic quest chain that rewards a 489 ring as well.

wow.. awesome.. grats man.. what spec is your raider? get any phat 496 lewtz yourself?

on a personal level, besides random dungeon leveling my dk.. ( ugh.. insta ques are awesome for tank, but.. the groups at mid 70's... other dk's queuing as dps..but actively trying to out tank me, etc.. wtf?? )

I also started dabbling with the pets stuff... so.. tedious!

DK tank, 483 gear level. Our main tank is a Druid with a 490+ gear level.

Here is my Armory if you have any questions... I gem for Hit cap -> Exp cap -> Mastery -> Stamina -> balanced avoidance:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Ocellara/advanced

Last edited:
DK tank, 483 gear level. Our main tank is a Druid with a 490+ gear level.

Here is my Armory if you have any questions... I gem for Hit cap -> Exp cap -> Mastery -> Stamina -> balanced avoidance:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Ocellara/advanced

nah bro.. wasn't challenging you man.. I was Grats ing you! lol

here's my toon.. Dwifter on Burning Legion

Pretty lucky this week I went from 1 piece to 4 piece LFR tier gear.
sweet! another F%^$#KING week no sha touched Sword / Staff.. this is pissing me off..
QQ

other than that.. there really isnt any gear now for lfr for me.. I still do them for fun / VP anyway

I lucked out and got a couple pieces last week on LFR. Nothing but gold this week... (even using the extra rolls from the elder charms)

I got mad lucky on my mage last night in LFR and got tier shoulders from Lei Shei. Then proceeded to use a coin and got the Sha-touched staff too.

Grats!! *raises an angry fist* staff.. you bastard... *mumbles*

My mage has had outrageous luck with LFR tier pieces, getting four piece within a week or two of getting eligible for LFR. My main char (my priest) on the other hand, only managed to get a two piece from LFR and even then only managed to upgrade one of the pieces to the normal version last week or so.

I'm still quite sad that the sha-touched mace still hasn't dropped from LFR. Legendary gem and socket just sitting in the bags waiting to be used :( Well at least the 5.2 meta gem will be usable without having to wait for a drop (assuming it doesn't have a random quest drop to get it...) :D

Did LFR Terrace, HoF part 1, and boss #1 of HoF part 2 last night on my priest. Earlier in the week I got the sha touched mace from HoF part 2, then yesterday I got tier shoulders (replaced 463) and a 483 healy cloak (replaced 476 dps). Up to 473 ilvl now.

Still need to get rid of a 463 dps ring and bracers, both of which have +hit on them because I didn't have anything else. Going to upgrade my sha touched mace in the next week or two, certainly before 5.2, then going to probably stock up VP's for when they drop the costs.

Did LFR Terrace, HoF part 1, and boss #1 of HoF part 2 last night on my priest. Earlier in the week I got the sha touched mace from HoF part 2, then yesterday I got tier shoulders (replaced 463) and a 483 healy cloak (replaced 476 dps). Up to 473 ilvl now.

Still need to get rid of a 463 dps ring and bracers, both of which have +hit on them because I didn't have anything else. Going to upgrade my sha touched mace in the next week or two, certainly before 5.2, then going to probably stock up VP's for when they drop the costs.

Are they dropping cost on all 5.0 and 5.1 rep gear? Been thinking about upgrading some items myself since i heard they were taking out the upgrader. I could still use a trinket though to get rid of my last 471 piece.

wait...

they are getting rid of the upgrade option????????

wtf????

so..I haven't upgraded anything before.. because there was always better gear.. like the 3 new pieces 496 vp gear that came with rep in 5.1

so.. I guess I better upgrade my DMF trink now... they are taking out upgrading??

Neb.. what.. 5? 6? weeks... with the gem.. no sha touched on my main either... its actually starting to piss me off....
so.. 5.2 brings another way then? to introduce the award of the BP quests.. even if we have been screwed by the craptastic AI of the LFR lewtz system?

Last edited:
Yeah they are literally removing the item upgrade NPC from the game when 5.2 comes out. 5.0 Valor items will reduce in cost 50%, 5.1 Valor items will reduce in cost 25%, and they are going to up the drop rate for the current LFR raids. So it should be really fast to slingshot up to the new raid tier (which I actually think is a BAD thing, but whatever...)

Not having a Sha Touched weapon is starting to get to me as well. They make a big deal about it with the quest line and such. Now I have the Sha gem and no weapon. I've burned a re-roll Charm on it every week as well. It might bother me less if I didn't have the gem sitting in my bag...

Not having a Sha Touched weapon is starting to get to me as well. They make a big deal about it with the quest line and such. Now I have the Sha gem and no weapon. I've burned a re-roll Charm on it every week as well. It might bother me less if I didn't have the gem sitting in my bag...

It certainly annoys me that I've gone through the 6000 valor quest, killed the quest boss, won the PVP requirements to get the legendary socket enchant....but still no Sha-Touched weapon :p I've started burning all my coins each week on Empress to try to maximize my chances, but still no luck.

XBarbarian: 5.2 will bring the next part of the Legendary quest line, culminating with a meta gem of some sort. No details have been revealed/datamined about the quest line nor details about what the actual gem is, but the latest PTR patch notes is what revealed it was a meta gem. There are not going to be any changes to the current Legendary quests.

Lots of people were up in arms when the original PTR notes referred to a "enchantment" for the helm, when Blizz has constantly reminded us that PTR is always subject to change :p

Yeah they are literally removing the item upgrade NPC from the game when 5.2 comes out. 5.0 Valor items will reduce in cost 50%, 5.1 Valor items will reduce in cost 25%, and they are going to up the drop rate for the current LFR raids. So it should be really fast to slingshot up to the new raid tier (which I actually think is a BAD thing, but whatever...)

well damn.. that means a whole new level of gear is coming then... interesting... I hope a bump to LFR drop rates includes the freaking sha touched weapon then!

It certainly annoys me that I've gone through the 6000 valor quest, killed the quest boss, won the PVP requirements to get the legendary socket enchant....but still no Sha-Touched weapon :p I've started burning all my coins each week on Empress to try to maximize my chances, but still no luck.

XBarbarian: 5.2 will bring the next part of the Legendary quest line, culminating with a meta gem of some sort. No details have been revealed/datamined about the quest line nor details about what the actual gem is, but the latest PTR patch notes is what revealed it was a meta gem. There are not going to be any changes to the current Legendary quests.

Lots of people were up in arms when the original PTR notes referred to a "enchantment" for the helm, when Blizz has constantly reminded us that PTR is always subject to change :p
Neb.. you completed the 6k valor part already? I will on Tuesday / Wednesday ..guess I started a week behind you ish.... but then after the 6k.. thares a boss.. ( makes sense ) but also a PVP part to this BP quest line?? I didnt know that.. hope it isnt too hard.. Im not the best pvp'r around..lol.. at least I do have a set full honor / crafted blue pvp gear..legendary socket enchant... so.. that means with 5.2.. we wont need a certain weapon ( sha touched ) to socket the Legendary Gem?

is it certain amount of honor.. or kills....what?

Neb.. you completed the 6k valor part already? I will on Tuesday / Wednesday ..guess I started a week behind you ish.... but then after the 6k.. thares a boss.. ( makes sense ) but also a PVP part to this BP quest line?? I didnt know that.. hope it isnt too hard.. Im not the best pvp'r around..lol.. at least I do have a set full honor / crafted blue pvp gear..

is it certain amount of honor.. or what?

You just have to go into two of the new bg's and win each of them once. I don't remember which ones they are but the quest tells you. I went into each with full PvE gear and won on the first try :D

Neb.. you completed the 6k valor part already? I will on Tuesday / Wednesday ..guess I started a week behind you ish.... but then after the 6k.. thares a boss..

The boss after the 6K Valor has 119 million HP too... It is frustrating since it takes so long so you need a bunch of people :p

The boss after the 6K Valor has 119 million HP too... It is frustrating since it takes so long so you need a bunch of people :p

Yeah, even with raid geared folks I think we did it with 9 people and it still took some time. Hits like a truck too!

Just finished this quest with four other guildies. We're all above ilvl 500 and it took about as long as a raid boss fight. Definitely heed the advice from others in the thread and just take a raid group.

Have everyone stack up on the tank so he doesn't charge and just use the extra action button everytime the ability pops up.

On another note... Anyone working on heroic Lei Shi and have a few tips?

Back