Would you recommend this power supply

Corbin

Limp Gawd
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W

I'm going to be upgrading my video card in the next few days (probably to that sapphire 4830) and awhile back some people told me my power supply had very high failure rates and that I should upgrade my PSU if I upgrade anything big. So is this a high quality PSU that will last me? my specs are in the sig and I only plan on upgrading (my videocard) once a year or so and never to high end.

Yes, the TX650 is an excellent PSU and will give you more than enough capacity to handle your current system plus future upgrades (if they aren't too crazy).

It is a great PSU. You could even go with the Corsair 550VX. It is $66 after MIR.

And the 650TX is only $70 after rebate at provantage.com, cheaper than newegg before rebate too. But shipping would probably even it out.

The TX650 is a great PSU.

It powered my sig rig until I upgraded to a 900w unit from Cooler Master to support 2 x 4870x2s in CrossfireX.

just need to ask another question. since the 750tx is only like another 15 on newegg would it be worth it to just get that and is it the same quality of build?

just need to ask another question. since the 750tx is only like another 15 on newegg would it be worth it to just get that and is it the same quality of build?

Same quality and yes it would be worth it get it.

Back