• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would you consider this a golden chip?

Josh154

n00b
Joined
Nov 5, 2010
Messages
22
So i took advantage of everyone switching to sandy bridge and scored me a 920 system. How's this look for a OC? I've lowered my ram timings from 9-9-9-24 to 8-8-8-24. Have only tried running at 4.0 with 1.248 vcore. I'll try going lower yet. What do you guys think? Golden, okay chip, or meh?

Also here's a few 3dmark scores with my 8800's.

20runs.png

243dmark06.png

3dmarkvantage154k.png


So i tested it and 1.216v was the lowest i could get it. 1.200 and i get bsod. Is this a golden chip? :D
50runs.png
 
Last edited:
Hmm i should try seeing what i can get down too. Is that on your 3520 your hitting 1.23?
 
Not bad.... My 920 D0 takes around 1.3875v to do 4Ghz perfectly stable and 1.4125v for 4.2Ghz.

Of course this is with DDR3-2000 running decently tight timings.

I would say run at least 50 IBT tests at the highest stress level you can with your amount of RAM before calling it stable. From the looks of the screen shot, you did not do nearly that many.

The way the time taken per loop is pretty close does look promising though.
 
Not bad.... My 920 D0 takes around 1.3875v to do 4Ghz perfectly stable and 1.4125v for 4.2Ghz.

Of course this is with DDR3-2000 running decently tight timings.

I would say run at least 50 IBT tests at the highest stress level you can with your amount of RAM before calling it stable. From the looks of the screen shot, you did not do nearly that many.

The way the time taken per loop is pretty close does look promising though.

It was taken after 20 passes of IBT. I'll start up IBT before i go to bed tonight and do 50 runs for ya. Hopefully she's stable :) I may need to loosen my ram though so we'll see.
 
I bet if you de-fragment your desktop you can squeeze out another 2-3% performance at least
 
I bet if you de-fragment your desktop you can squeeze out another 2-3% performance at least

Haha yeah it's got alot of stuff but it's really not that bad. Im in 1280x720 res :eek: So if i were in 1920x1080 it wouldn't look so cluttered.
 
i think thats on the better side for sure. ive seen some d0's that require alot of volts to reach 4ghz. that being said, mine runs 4.2 @ 1.23
 
i think thats on the better side for sure. ive seen some d0's that require alot of volts to reach 4ghz. that being said, mine runs 4.2 @ 1.23

Wow now that sounds like a golden chip!

So i tried running IBT for 50 runs last night and it quit on me. Turned out to be a ram issue so i set my timings back to 9-9-9-24 which is stock settings and lowered vcore down to 1.232v and im running IBT great right now. I've completed 13 runs so far but my gflops did drop a few, but that was because of my ram. If i can get some new ram later on they should go back up.

Im gonna keep trying for a lower vcore. This chip seem's to be great so far :D
 
Well guys i got it stable at a much lower voltage! 1.216, would you all call that a golden chip?

1216.png
 
What constitutes a "golden chip"? I have my 920 d0 3.8ghz on 1.168vcore, seems pretty low, but pushing it to 4.0 gives me bsods
 
I run my 920 D0 at 4.55Ghz @1.35v with load temps under 75 C.
 
What are your load temps?

Load temps are about 70°C with IBT. Im running pretty hot ambients though, i just cracked the window again to cool my room down and while running a -bigadv unit with smp 8 all cores are less than 65°C.

I may have room to bring er up to 4.2 :D
 
Very Nice.. I have my "Golden i5-750" @ 1.35v 4GHz.. so if the 2600K I'm installing today doesn't hit at least 5Ghz I'll have to fall on my own sword.
 
Back
Top