Would you buy a Final Fantasy 7 remake?

Yeah, if I had a ps3. If it came out on PC... that would be a dream come true.

How is it that no one seems to know about the PC release? It IS on PC, and has been since I think 1998. Look it up on Ebay for a cheap copy, or possibly "other" sites :cool:

Yeah, I bought it on PC when it came out. Heck, I still have it in the cool panel sleeve case it came it. Same with FF8.

I even still have my original ps2 black label ff7 mint.

Someone needs to seriously jack Square-Enix across the head with a lead pipe for that attrocity they just released called Crisis Core. It's like they ripped a page out of George Lucas's journal on how to take a loved franchise and empty their bowels on it. Hell, I was half expecting Jar-Jar binks to come blabbering through.

Absolutely! If it was PS3 exclusive, than I would go out and purchase a PS3 just for FF7!

Would love to see FF7 remade on the PSP as well :cool:

If you could replay the greatest game of all time with better graphics would you.......Yes no shit.

But I think Square is going to fuck FF7 up BIG TIME....based on what I am seeing as their new direction......they didn't need a new direction.

But then again if Square fucked up the remake of FF7 Japan would probably revolt and push the square tower into the sea.

As some have said, if it has more actual gameplay content than cinematics. So I'll probalby end up waiting until some reviews are out...

If you could replay the greatest game of all time with better graphics would you.......Yes no shit.

But I think Square is going to fuck FF7 up BIG TIME....based on what I am seeing as their new direction......they didn't need a new direction.

But then again if Square fucked up the remake of FF7 Japan would probably revolt and push the square tower into the sea.

They wouldn't move FF7 to the DS remake style. I'm sure they would stay in line with their Advent Children and Crisis Core style, and that would totally fly with me.

My real dream, however, is a full blown PS3 remake of FF6! I want my Kefka in high-def!

that and finish the damn story. Too many loop holes.

There really aren't any plot holes when you piece all of the extra-curricular story segments you get throughout FF7.

Heck yeah I would. Now that I think about it, not only would I buy the game, I would also buy the system it came out on.

I'm a fan-boy and didn't realize it :eek:

Yes, so long as they kept the content mostly the same and gave it a nice visual boost.

Where's the poll!?

There really aren't any plot holes when you piece all of the extra-curricular story segments you get throughout FF7.

so all those flash backs with sephiroth and cloud in the library in the hyper chambers was actually zack and sephiroth?

so all those flash backs with sephiroth and cloud in the library in the hyper chambers was actually zack and sephiroth?

Yes. Cloud "assumed" he was Zack and was reliving his memories (Cloud and Zack were close friends near the end of Zack's life, so we'd assume Zack confided the details of his meet with Sephiroth). In Crisis Core, you actually replay those moments as Zack.

without Crisis core, would it make sense...

Yes. There are hidden cutscenes accessible in FF7 (I believe somewhere in the Nibelheim Mansion Library), which make clear Cloud's connections to Zack, and the events leading up to Zack's death shortly before the start of FF7.

yeah in Crisis Core Zack talks to the limp lifeless cloud ALOT due to the fact he has no one else in his life to talk to it shows a little of that in the game.

For me the game made perfect sense with just FF7.....It didn't fully connect the dots it left that up to the player but if you connected the dots correctly it made sense....Crisis core just help connects the dots.

there are thousands of loop holes in the story but the same can be said with any story hell even my life has loop holes running ramped in it.

Hell no. The story was incredibly dry, the characters were bland, and the battle system was nothing interesting. Materia was a great gameplay mechanic, except only after 40 hours of gameplay when you could finally get the awesome ones that are worth leveling. People seem to have this disillusion of remembering it as one of the greatest RPGs of all time simply because they never played a jRPG before.

I'd much rather have Squareenix focus their efforts on a 3rd Chrono game-- but hey, thats not going to happen when they can milk all the FF7 fans for all they're worth by selling potions and 300 dollar action figures of Cloud being emo and angsty.

That game ate up hundreds of hours of my life.
Just beating the game can be done in under 10 hours, but playing the game to it's fullest takes days!
I remember the last time I played it I maxed out every aspect of every character. Beating Ruby and Diamond Weapon became easy and the final battle with One-Winged Angle Seph was so simple.

I would buy a PS3 just for this game.

I would buy it if they made a remake of FF7 the demo they made for PS3 was very good looking.

Heh, I was a pretty big fan of the series when I was younger. It's still good, though a bit too melodramatic for my tastes nowadays. They've got to do a whole lot more than a graphics update to get me remotely interested. More side missions, and if they have the guts, a slight rewrite of the script maybe to keep veteran fans interested.

If it was just a graphics overhaul with no changes to story/gameplay....then yes.

I think it will be a long time before the remake of FF7 becuase once they remake the original that is a sign they are done with the series......and they haven't milked the cash cow dry yet they still need an advant children game, a Turks game, and FF7 the beginning where you play as either Jenova or ariths ancestors.

How is it that no one seems to know about the PC release? It IS on PC, and has been since I think 1998. Look it up on Ebay for a cheap copy, or possibly "other" sites :cool:

I know the original came out on PC. However, I was referring to a remake, with redone graphics and remastered sound and what not. That would be great to play on an 8800gt

There was a time when I would say yes, but that game just does not hold up well anymore. I gotta go with a no.

Yes. I loved playing it through, but ive gone back to it and cant handle playing it through again. I think with new graphics and cinematics I would buy it again straight away

That tech demo for FF7 they had on the PS3 made me want to play it again...for the 3rd. time. :D

yes i would buy it.. thats like the best rpg ever made lol =P.. ditto for xenogears.. the ones that squaresoft been dishing out as "ff7 follow-up" just suck.. -___-

You can get it emulated with better textures and such on the PC...

I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it if it were re-released with just better graphics and sound. It's the SAME GAME! Great game, none the less. It was my favorite, followed by 9, then 3 on the SNES. Great series. 7 is a great game, sometimes way overhyped, but still a great game.

I would buy the Collectors Edition and would probably take the day off work to wait in line to buy it. I spent way too many days on that game. But I love it to death !!

Back