Would Corsair HX750 run 2 4870x2's?

CruisD64

2[H]4U
Just wondering if it would. I will be purchasing one 4870x2 within the next couple of weeks and was wondering if I'd have the option to run crossfire in the future. Thanks!

going to be close, according to the power supply calculator your going to be just over 700 Watts, might be a little off + or -.

I'd bet it could handle it. I mean i only see w Hardrives in your build couple dvd drives arnt much power. not the most power hungry CPU.

I would be curious to se what a 620HX would do with it.

Yes, it should be able to handle a second 4870X2 with your current system.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/766/11/

hmm well guess it depends on how many fans and other random things u got plugged into your comp.

apparently the 620HX can run the duel 4870x2's but in some games or tests the power draw can get to the point of artifacting though the PSU never fails technically even up to well over 700 watts drawn.

if i recall the 620 HX pretty much = the 750 TX as the TX series is not as enthusiest oriented as the HX series.

may be stuck jumping ship to bigger PSU... that said i think were gonna see PSU requirements peaked at 1000 and even start to fall backwards. i mean as Die's shrink so should the power requirements yes?. seems with the energy effiecientcy thing going around i wouldnt be surprised if the next round of GPUS pull less power.... course i could be wrong.

if i recall the 620 HX pretty much = the 750 TX as the TX series is not as enthusiest oriented as the HX series.

You recall incorrectly. The TX750 is capable of handling much higher loads than the HX620, and is based on a completely different platform (CWT PSH instead of the HX620's Seasonic design).

yes it will, a crossfire 4870X2 system will pull about 700 - 800 watts from the wall, about 600 to 650 watts actual system power (depending on your system) . corsair PSU are rated to produce their advertised power. You would be outside of the sweet spot but you would be OK unless your running both cards all out 24/7, in that case you would to get some more head room

Thanks for all the replies! I'm really excited! I graduate college on thursday with a degree in computer science and my gift to myself will be a 4870x2. Woohoo! Once prices come down even more, and if driver optimizations make it worth it, I'll eventually throw a second x2 into my system. I'm looking forward to no stress (at least for a few days) and some hardcore gaming. :)

Back