would a nice soundcard make a difference here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow I am unsubscribed, can't tolerate little kids like garrett making mommy jokes lol...

lol - that's too bad, Asian Player, because I am still waiting for you to explain this line:

aZn_plyR said:
And *chuckles* @ the guy that pointed out newegg reviews haha.. sad

I don't get the sadness. I want to be sad. Please help me, Mr. Player!
 
lol still going at it, its sad that most of those reviews are by people like you, and you know what that means.

OMG, the guy on newegg sad it sounds amazing...... it must be good... :rolleyes:

I am still waiting for you to stfu though. You obvious have a lot to learn, especially when to shut up. stupid lil smartass ♥♥♥♥.

O crap, didn't know [H] censored words, maybe thats because I never met such a person like you on the forums before and have to use such words the whole time I been here.

O yeah I found your first thread here where you turned into an expert audiophile person.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1141601 :eek: I take back everything I say, you must be right about everything, I am so sorry.
 
Newegg "reviews" sucks just as much as reading TheInq and beliving that you actually got good, solid information...
 
I've been in the same boat as you OP. Had a pair of what I like to call "Dorm Speakers". Good sound on the budget. Now there are few things you should understand about audio. The most important is that if you were to graph quality and price together in audio the quality falls off very quickly as the price continues growing. Meaning if you were to buy a fairly nice system for say $2500 (which most people would say sounds very good) and rated that as a 8 out of 10 then compared it to an $80,000 system that people would say is a 10 out of 10 it would probably be acurate. Which means that if you are happy with an 8 out of 10 you shouldn't think that spending $77,500 more is going to completely blow you away.

With that said. Soundcards do add a little something. It's not huge but it's always nice to have a soundcard in your system and they rarely need upgraded. So if you have $100 burning a hole in your pocket I'd say do it. You will probably be happy with the choice. If not, take it back.

Now if you want to increase your listening I suggest these speakers http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHB2031a . These are actually studio monitors but what makes them good for listening is they are really tight and they have adjustments on the back to raise and lower the bass and treble meaning you can "color" the speakers whichever way you like. That's not actually what the knobs are there for but it works just the same. Another reason I suggest studio monitors is because as you move up the high end almost all speakers start turning into monitors. Because people want accurate representations of how the music was recorded which is what these do. They just do it for a lot cheaper. Oh and did I mention that they go LOUD : )
 
Wow, no shit.

BUT that's assuming your speakers are shittier than the sound card. For someone looking to replace BOTH speakers AND the soundcard, but can only do ONE right now, the soundcard at least has a chance of helping, because there's a chance the sound card is the weakest link. And later upon upgrading the speakers, the full potential of the upgraded sound card is realized. Buying the great speakers now and upgrading the sound card later means that you will have zero chance of having a better sound unless the soundcard was the better component in the first place, which may or may not be the case.

Try again, and this time let's talk about the same topic.

Actually this is a little bit mistaken. $20 speakers are probably not going to be any better with a sound card because they probably match the onboard audio. A $200 set of speakers will get a slight improvement if your onboard audio is anywhere near current. a $6000 set of speakers is still probably only going to get a slight improvment because between the amp, reciever, speakers, pre-amp, the audio has been cleaned up a lot and will sound pretty good. If you run through a reciever you really don't need a soundcard because they do pretty much the same thing only one is powered and holds all of the memory for DTS and stuff. You'll notice a soundcard the most with "computer speakers" high end or low end because they plug directly into the audio source. If you run that source through a reciever it's been "cleaned".

So basically stop bitching man. You are partially wrong. I see where you are going but you aren't getting there very well. Also audio is all about preference. For some a huge sub will make all of the difference. For others drowning out the mid to low bass is ideal. It really doesn't matter.
 
lol still going at it, its sad that most of those reviews are by people like you, and you know what that means.

OMG, the guy on newegg sad it sounds amazing...... it must be good... :rolleyes:

I am still waiting for you to stfu though. You obvious have a lot to learn, especially when to shut up. stupid lil smartass ♥♥♥♥.

O crap, didn't know [H] censored words, maybe thats because I never met such a person like you on the forums before and have to use such words the whole time I been here.

O yeah I found your first thread here where you turned into an expert audiophile person.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1141601 :eek: I take back everything I say, you must be right about everything, I am so sorry.

Not sure what your point is - I am not an expert. Never claimed to be.

Seems everyone keeps saying that I call myself an expert or that I claim to have great gear - I've never said that. Quite the opposite - I've stated that I am a noobie on numerous threads and that I've got low-end gear.

[H] is a pretty rough place - I hesitated to start posting here. I used to just lurk and not post because I saw all of the mean and stuck up commenters on the thread - guys like Moofasa who get in online debates all the time and act like arrogant brats. But then I said fuck it. Why not join in the fray?

So here I am, Asian Player, giving my opinion. If people don't like it, they can ignore me, or dispute me. I'm fine with that.

But you and the rest of the bullies on here that want to shut me down and shut down anyone who disagrees with you can line up to suck my dick.

Just remember: all of this started because of one post:

Garret said:
In my experience, speakers are the least important for sound quality, sound card/decoder/DACs the most, and amplifiers somewhere in-between.

I would highly recommend a new sound card - if you don't want to spend a lot, I think you'll be quite happy with a cheap Audigy 2 from newegg.com.

I owned a $200 5.1 Creative setup (don't recall the model) and I upgraded from the Audigy 1 to the Audigy 2 ZS - I was AMAZED at the difference.

I make no guarantees, but if I were you I would spend around $50 on a new sound card; I think it will work wonders.

Good luck!
-Garret

Not exactly a belligerent post, yet it received numerous flames. I made it clear I was speaking from my experiences, and that I wasn't guaranteeing anything - because I am no expert. Yet I disagree with other posters and they are RUDE and OBNOXIOUS in their responses.

So to all of you cyber-bullies, as so elegantly stated by The Dude in the Big Lebowski:

Sometimes "[SIZE=-1]You're not wrong Walter. You're just an asshole."
[/SIZE]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top