WOTLK launch = WoW numbers jump to 11.5 million

AND THEN YOU PAID 50-60 DOLLARS FOR 8 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY!!

I've played WoW since launch and up to 2 months ago and I'm starving for it. It's a great game and there's always stuff to do, it doens't end after I kill a boss, it keeps going.

Just imagine what you could achieve if you spend those years actually working on something productive. You've pretty much wasted few years of your life on nothing, how does it feel?

Just imagine what you could achieve if you spend those years actually working on something productive. You've pretty much wasted few years of your life on nothing, how does it feel?

This is a gaming forum. We play video games, NONE of which does anything productive. Why do people keep pretending WoW is the *only* game in the world that wastes time? I've spent years of my life playing several different games, probably more time spent than on WoW tenfold. This is nothing new for veteran gamers.

I played wow for 3 years before i quit a while ago, the game is fun, but just got boring once you clear the game pve wise and waiting for newer content and blizzard just re-skins and ups the level on a instance and tells you here have some fun, As well as in pvp, Getting Glad is the easyest thing you can do and yet 90% of wow players can not.

I did have fun in wow, ganking people on the isle, having them cross over on another account or getting in our vent to attempt to flame us. fun times

But enough with the old chat, good for blizz, do not really see nothing bad in wow, its nice to play when you have no other games to play ;)

As well as in pvp, Getting Glad is the easyest thing you can do and yet 90% of wow players can not.

Isn't gladiator for the top 0.5%? So by definition, of course 90% can't get the title. Most people aren't eligible because they weren't the right class who also had friends with the right classes.

Isn't gladiator for the top 0.5%? So by definition, of course 90% can't get the title. Most people aren't eligible because they weren't the right class who also had friends with the right classes.

Pretty much, The last season, which i think was season 4? Got you glad if you had 2200, Which anyone can achive by getting carried which was very popular on tich, It was funny watching people with shoulders who bearly got 2200. Do not recall if they fixed it, really doubt it.

As for the right classes, im sure any combo is doable if the skill level is up there, have you seen double holy pallys at the 2200? What about shocky and dis-priest, might be a bit tougher but its doable imo. I ran Hunter/druid which was very op at the time, but length of the matches were horrible, then ran shaman/warrior rng king, then finally ran double mage, resto shaman, ret pally and arms warrior in 5s, We were 10th in the battlegroup but once pvp xfers opened, everyone just started playing their alts on pvp servers. Pvp is fun in wow, but just gets boring after a while, but then you get those war fights on the isle.

All this talk is actually wanting me to re-play wow and get my hunts/shaman tier 3 look alike :cool:

What a dark statement to say???

I believe you mentioned you were at level 74. Unless you clock in many hours at one sitting just about everyday, if not everyday....Id have to say youve been playing WoW for at least 6mths to a year.

I would like to hear your comments on this game in one more year Bro.

On another note, since you brought up LIFE. I am a bit curious...if ya dont mind answering....truthfully.....How old are ya....married/not married....kids/how many and what your occupation is.....

I'l start.....Ive already mentioned Im married and have 2 kids.....One is 3, the other is 5, boy/girl respectively...And Im a woodworker, but cabinet installing pays my bills.

Im just curious Bro....dont have to answer if ya dont want to.

Peace

I'm a very content 28 year old male with a wonderful girlfriend who thinks its very cute that I play video games and doesn't restrict my hobby. I will likely get married but we plan on having no children as we both simply don't have time, patience, will, desire for kids. Our cat drive us nuts as is. Were both selfious individuals, especially me. I always have been since birth and I don't see myself changing anytime soon, so I don't want to chance becoming part of the statistics of bad fatherhood.

I'm happy in my IT career as a field IT tech for a VERY large company that pays me well with very flexible hours.

Here's a clue doc, games are MEANT to waste time. It's just that WoW does that better. You've wasted 2 years in this forum alone, what a waste of your life :rolleyes:

WOW is additive because that is how Blizzard designed the game. Self control is all that matters but in my opinion a good game should be like a good movie. You go watch it and are amazed then leave feeling satisfied.

WOW is additive because that is how Blizzard designed the game. Self control is all that matters but in my opinion a good game should be like a good movie. You go watch it and are amazed then leave feeling satisfied.

QFT. That's probably the best analogy about what makes a "finishable" video game great. It should capture the player with sheer immersiveness. And just like a good movie, if you watch it again, you can pick up on subtle details that you didn't notice the first time around. I rarely ever see games like that these days :(

It's not just all about gameplay, or all about graphics, etc., but rather the overall feel you get from it from start to finish. If there's a game with awesome gameplay but I notice that it has shitty presentation, attention detail or a narrow design model (pure gameplay mechanics for example), it would be a pretty bad game in my book.

Anyhow, that's an entirely different subject of games and its irrelevant to online (or offline) multiplayer games including WoW. Anything mutliplayer has no end to it, since playing with/against other players inherently provides unlimited replay value. Once the repetition drags on and gets boring, people move on. IMO, a good online game is one that people willingly continue to play for a long period of time regardless of repetition. FPS fames like CS are extremely repititious, yet it was popular for a very long time.

MMO's are different as they require the player to continue progress on a persistent character. Because of that game style, people expect much much more out of the game with constant new content. Otherwise, they will just boil the term "progress" into "grind." If its not their cup of tea, they break from it and hostilely spread their hate of the game on internet forums :D. Everyone else on the other hand, actually like to improve their characters through the system that is current in WoW. There are a lot of options believe it or not. And there's a lot of different ways to approach one's goals in the game. But each option requires repetition to make progress in. Then suddenly it becomes referred to as a grind.

Then all these crazy ideas of a totally open-ended system spring up, where almost anything is under the control of the players. My guess is that it'll alleviate the "grind" issue that these particular players have with MMOs. That's probably one of the worst game concepts I've heard for an MMO so far, but most players I've heard that end up calling any MMO a "grind" usually describe their ideal MMO as such.

[/end rant]

GUESS WHAT ALL YOU WOW HATERS, A LOT OF POEPLE PLAY WOW SO YOU CAN;T HATE IT LOL. U GUYS R SDUMB AND THIS GAME IS GUD. I SHOWD YOU WHEN ITOLD YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY IT AND YOU WERE LIEK THIS GAME IS DUMB.

GUESS WHAT ALL YOU WOW HATERS, A LOT OF POEPLE PLAY WOW SO YOU CAN;T HATE IT LOL. U GUYS R SDUMB AND THIS GAME IS GUD. I SHOWD YOU WHEN ITOLD YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY IT AND YOU WERE LIEK THIS GAME IS DUMB.

Your attempt at humor fails...miserably.

meh, i play wow like all day. it hasn't ruined my life and i don't regret it.. i still do fine in school cause i dont want to end up working in mcdonalds :D

I'm a very content 28 year old male with a wonderful girlfriend who thinks its very cute that I play video games and doesn't restrict my hobby. I will likely get married but we plan on having no children as we both simply don't have time, patience, will, desire for kids. Our cat drive us nuts as is. Were both selfious individuals, especially me. I always have been since birth and I don't see myself changing anytime soon, so I don't want to chance becoming part of the statistics of bad fatherhood.

I'm happy in my IT career as a field IT tech for a VERY large company that pays me well with very flexible hours.

Im 35 btw.....

I cant for the life of me recall what point I was leading up to in asking you those questions, when I posted that, you were still online....but now, a day later, heh....I dunno.....I had to pull an all nighter so I could get my install done before I turned in payroll this morning, so I guess lack of sleep have taken away my reasoning for my post.

You could say that about pretty much anything: watching movies, playing golf, going to football games...none of those are really any more productive, but are much more acceptable in society. Who are you to tell folks how to spend their entertainment time?

Here's one einstein. Any hobby is all about wasting time. Watching movie is wasting time. Listening to music is wasting time. Walking is wasting time. Exercising is wasting time. Practically anything that doesn't involve making a living is wasting time. Try again.

I don't get all the WoW haters. Sure it takes a lot of time and a lot of people are obsessed with it, but it's a great game.

I play because I'm a big Warcraft fan, and Blizzard puts a ton of references to the original RTS games in it's quests.

I started going for random achievements, one of them is to read books all over the world... and if you actually read them they add a lot to the story.

I save a ton of money playing WoW too. $15 a month instead of buying 2-3 360/PS3 games is a big difference.

I'm part of that 11.5 million now. Blizzard offered a wotlk 10 day trial and the deathknight class is just pure awesome. I love DPSing like crazy :D

Blizzard succeeds at whatever they do because they're one of the best companies period to gamers. WoW will die when Blizzard wants it to, otherwise it will stay top. There will be whiners and haters regardless, but these people don't matter.

yep...blizzard suceeded in being the number one reason for students droppping out of college and wasting the lives away of middle aged men. Dam, I'm so proud of them.

yep...blizzard suceeded in being the number one reason for students droppping out of college and wasting the lives away of middle aged men. Dam, I'm so proud of them.

Care to provide some links to back your "facts" up or are you just talking out of your ass?

Care to provide some links to back your "facts" up or are you just talking out of your ass?

I've had friends drop out of college due to MMOs. I did not make his claim, but it does get some people so addicted they drop out.

I've had friends drop out of college due to MMOs. I did not make his claim, but it does get some people so addicted they drop out.

Saying MMO's (not just WoW) do get SOME people to drop out is a lot different than saying WoW is the number one cause

I know a few guys that never went to college, such as Michael Jordan and Bill Gates. Obviously basketball and programming are the leading causes for not even thinking of going to college

You should instead prove that it does not make people drop out of school and quit their jobs. See how that works both ways.

I know a few guys that never went to college, such as Michael Jordan and Bill Gates. Obviously basketball and programming are the leading causes for not even thinking of going to college

That's odd, how did Michael Jordan win a NCAA championship even though he never went to college? :confused: You must not know them that well.

That's odd, how did Michael Jordan win a NCAA championship even though he never went to college? :confused: You must not know them that well.

LOL :D

Bill Gates went to Harvard btw, although he didn't stay and graduate.

If a game takes that much to do that, they deserve to be behind that counter at mcdonalds.

DING FRIES ARE READY.

Haha, apparently not. I remember watching a movie at school or something and thought I remembered those names.

According to http://www.23jordan.com/bio1.htm he did get accepted to a college but dropped out for the NBA in 1984

you need links to realize that people are wasting their lives away on WoW? LOL.

But maybe you should take it up with the FCC

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/12/10/fcc-commissioner-terms-wow-leading-cause-college-dropouts

I knew you would post a link to that. Where is the data? I have yet to see a single article about that provide anything other than a quote she said.

You stated that WoW itself is the number one cause of college drop outs, you stated it as a fact, I asked for links to back up your statement because I knew the only one you could provide is the one you did. An FCC commissioner talking out of her ass with no data to back it up.

I never said SOME people arent wasting their lives playing WoW, I'm not so stuck in a wow hating frame of mind to think that every person playing it is wasting their lives away.

From this link within that fluff article you linked to

During freshman orientation this year, three of the 70 students Repesh talked to in groups about computer use had been to counseling for problematic gaming, one because he was too competitive to stop.

3 out of 70, I didn't go to college or anything, but I'm pretty sure that's not even half and nowhere near the huge percentage you claim

I agree Wow causes people to drop out of college. Lets ban it. While we are at it, lets ban alcohol, TV, sports, all other gaming, friends, jobs, relationships, and all the other things that cause people to drop out... :rolleyes:

I save a ton of money playing WoW too. $15 a month instead of buying 2-3 360/PS3 games is a big difference.

I can relate to this. Playing WoW on weeknights keeps me away from the bars/other forms of expensive entertainment..Which is good for my wallet! When your single and live alone, it's not a bad thing to have something to occupy some of your time.

I see the "hate on it because it's popular" "non-conformists" are out in full force.

Yeah, there is no point in reading these threads anymore. It's pretty ridiculous how someone can hate a game. I dislike Counter Strike, I find it no fun. But for what reason could I possibly hate it for?

This just in: 9/10 people in this thread have issues. The 1/10 is likely the person playing WoW and not full of hatred...

Back