Worst Game You Ever Played ?

Whats the worse game you've ever played from any platform ? (besides ET for the Atari, we all know that was the worst game ever made lol)

the worst game I remember playing when i was a kid was that retarded Shaq Fu game for the SNES, who would ever think that Shaquile O'neal doing kung fu would be a good basis for a game. I remember my grandma got it for me for Christmas, and my parents made me play it in front of her and act like i enjoyed it, horrible times lol

I was very uphappy with my first install of GTA4, played like a slideshow on nearly the lowest settings with the rig in my sig... and looked like dogshit

That is so weird you mentioned Shaq Fu, I was one of a few genesis games I was thinking about naming.
That game was a joke haha

I remember there being a port of the Rampage series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(arcade_game)
that also played like trash

Maybe it was not rampage, and instead a godzilla fighting game where you destroyed cities as you battled, I am confused as I played them both in the arcade.

Worst game for me... hmm, Killzone 2 when it first released. I was so pissed off about the controls and vocal about how it was messed up. The CM there even brushed it off, so I sold my game right away. Then a few weeks or months after release, they admitted there were problems with their deadzone and lag aiming that they had to fix it and implemented it as default controls.

All those blind fanboys on the PSN forums that defended the game saying it was realistic etc (LOL WEIGHTY GUNS NOOB!!) can go shove it.

Stupid company, stupid community manager, the game had so much potential but ruined it for me with their shitty controls. Plus that one character whose name escapes me now is SUPER annoying, baldish and tries to talk black or whatever with a stupid deep voice. Very bad voice acting lol.

Oh, and all F2P Korean games, they are all generic shit. Koreans need to L2Make real games instead of spewing out garbage upon garbage.

crysis, and world at war

install, turn on, uninstall games

Left 4 Dead was easily the worst game I bought/played in last 10 years.

In recent memory Far cry 2. There is probably way worse but nothing sticks out at me atm.

Revenant. NPC's that disappeared or ignored you. Convoluted lock step puzzles that could only be learned by trial and error. Random loot that you didn't know you needed til two chapters later and if you didn't have it, you had to redo the previous two chapters or you simply could not progress any further.
Haven't bought an Eidos game since.

Man some of you aren't digging very deep. Interesting one for me

Shellshock 2. Wasn't a bad concept but the way it plays is just impossible to enjoy.

I'm usually too forgiving with games to hate them. I used to love a PS2 game called Iron & Blood but it really was pretty atrocious.

I bought a turn-based WW2 game that ended up being awful too and I thought it was an RTS. I'm not sure what it was called though but this must be almost a decade ago.

More recently I hated CoD:WaW but still beat the SP campaign. I got it for free though with a graphics card so I couldn't complain too much. Customizable weapons just don't work in a WW2 setting. In a German vs Russian map, why are they running around with Thompson sub machine guns...with silencers? I'm a history buff and that totally killed it for me.

I also played 10 minutes of Final Fantasy 7 at a friends house and to this day I think it's the worst game I've ever played. I know it's regarded as one of the best games ever but RPG's like that are the absolute worst in my opinion.

Reservoir Dogs

That game was garbage eaten by dogs and shat onto the pavement in the hot sun, then bagged and lite on fire.

I also played 10 minutes of Final Fantasy 7 at a friends house and to this day I think it's the worst game I've ever played. I know it's regarded as one of the best games ever but RPG's like that are the absolute worst in my opinion.
10 minutes is not remotely enough time to judge FF7 considering how lengthy the game is.

Way to give it a shot. :rolleyes: This is like instant troll bait.

Probably Sacred. If there was anything worse, I can't remember it. I try to forget the bad ones.

I played Far Cry 2 for a little while, at most, about an hour. Then gave up. Now another game I tried is Need for Speed undercover. That had big black box on the side of the screen and I wasn't able to play it with my pc. That's probably the worst game I ever spent on.

Tie between Far Cry 2 & Frontlines Fuels of War. Both were utterly abysmal.

Unreal Tournament 3.

Singleplayer required a GameSpy account - Need I say more?

GTA4 for me.

High production values but shit controls, and a boring ass story where everytime you meet some new group it's just a waiting game til the inevitable double-cross.

Rinse-repeat.

Losing the humor and any sort of light touch really killed it for me, as did Nico's cousin. If I want to take a fat, annoying guy out to eat I'm sure I can find somebody at the Mall's food court.

Vehicle controls pissed me off as well, which is unfortunate, because the "Ballad of Gay Tony" expansion looks F'in sweet.

Is this because a lot of you guys are young or what?

I haven't seen E.T. for atari 2600 mentioned once.

Is this because a lot of you guys are young or what?

I haven't seen E.T. for atari 2600 mentioned once.

Pac-Man for the 2600 was far worse,because everyone rushed to buy it,then discovered what a horrible job they did with it.

E.T. on Atari 2600. It was the game that sparked the industry collapse.

I'm shocked to see Need for Speed Shift and Left 4 Dead mentioned in here!
Ah well to each their own..

People need to stop mentioning good quality games because it isn't their style of playing. No one is hardly mentioning truely bad games.

People need to stop mentioning good quality games because it isn't their style of playing. No one is hardly mentioning truely bad games.
YEAH GUYS BIG RIGS OVER THE ROAD RACING IS A GREAT GAME DON'T SAY IT'S BAD BECAUSE IT ISN'T YOUR STYLE OF PLAYING!!!11!111!!

I see no reason to have any sacred cows. Many games that were good to decent are HIGHLY overrated. Case in point, Final Fantasy VII. Good? Undeniably. Best RPG ever? Not even close.

But here, I'll mention a genuinely bad game just to make you feel better: Lair :)

One of those games that sticks in my head as just plain bad, fighting force 2 that was a horrible game, bad graphics bad controls, no story, etc, i never trusted that game stores opinion again. Kane and Lynch on pc is horrible, simply unplayable, me and some buddies got a couple of copies cheap to try the bank robber mode, and only one persons pc could run the game without constant stuttering, ironically the slowest pc of the group and when we looked for a patch, there was none.. It's kinda funny that these days people mention decently made games as "horrible" if you think back to nintendo, snes, or even atari days, there were a lot of truly horrible games that were simply unplayable, luckily i can't remember their names anymore.

In recent memory, The King of Fighters XII. As a KoF fan, I was utterly shocked at how much it didnt have. Everything from lack of characters, a lack of their special abilities, to the lack of a freakin final boss. And the gameplay was clunky and cumbersome. My God man, what were they thinking?

Back