• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Worst expansion?

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Messages
6,671
Im wondering what was the worst expansion released. Im not talking about sequel , but ''EXPANSION'' , usually they cost less and you need the original game to play it .

my pick would be Battlefield 1942 : road to rome...

what an useless expansion it was...

your pick?
 
Half-Life's Blue Shift was the worst to me because it was really short. Probably 3-4 hours for most and they charged $30 for it.
 
Battlefield: Vietnam...

Oh wait, we had to pay full price for it and it sucked :(

(Yeah, I know.. not a true expansion but it sure felt like one)

2nd vote would be for Battlefield 2: Special Forces. Paid expansion pack price for it when we got better content out of the Armored Fury Booster Pack.
 
All those expansions were Marvels of Gameplay compared to one of the Red Alert expansions. I don't recall if it was Counterstrike or Aftermath (possibly both). Just to give you an idea, they recycled graphics for "new units", and those units could NOT be used in MP.
 
The C&C Expansions in general seem to have a verrrry shitty value. Too much for too little.
 
battlefield vietnam was a full game , not an expansion
 
arr4ws said:
battlefield vietnam was a full game , not an expansion
He mentioned it because, in reality, it was hastily completed, poorly implemented mod for BF1942. Same engine, just slapped together some new models and sold it for $50.
 
cLaWz said:
Battlefield: Vietnam...

Oh wait, we had to pay full price for it and it sucked :(

(Yeah, I know.. not a true expansion but it sure felt like one)

2nd vote would be for Battlefield 2: Special Forces. Paid expansion pack price for it when we got better content out of the Armored Fury Booster Pack.

SF is Awesome.
 
|MaguS| said:
Everquests: Planes of Power... basically ruined Everquest...

I think Everquest ruined Everquest. The fact that you (when I played) got to 60 then got your epic and then you make a new character is pretty ignorant imho. Even EQ2 Blew, it was EQ1 Spiced up. PoP did not help much, but it did make some old timers want to come back. Me being one of them.

Now, Dark Age of Camelot: Trials of Atlantis...The game lost 3/4 of its subscribers BECAUSE of this expansion. That in itself makes that the WORST expansion ever.
 
Nonsense said:
Now, Dark Age of Camelot: Trials of Atlantis...The game lost 3/4 of its subscribers BECAUSE of this expansion. That in itself makes that the WORST expansion ever.

That's pretty... wow... that must've been pretty bad. I don't even think EA could pull off something that bad to make that many people quit BF2
 
cLaWz said:
Battlefield: Vietnam...

Oh wait, we had to pay full price for it and it sucked :(

(Yeah, I know.. not a true expansion but it sure felt like one)

2nd vote would be for Battlefield 2: Special Forces. Paid expansion pack price for it when we got better content out of the Armored Fury Booster Pack.

SF is better then AF imo. Plus you got more then 3 maps in it and new armies and the SF unlocks so it's definetely worth more then AF.
 
movax said:
He mentioned it because, in reality, it was hastily completed, poorly implemented mod for BF1942. Same engine, just slapped together some new models and sold it for $50.


So basically what BF2142 might end up being. :)

(Sorry, EA has left a bitter taste in my mouth from crapping in it for so long and then taking my money)
 
JustinSane said:
Armored Fury. Worst 10 bucks ive spent.
Oh, c'mon, EF was a lot lot worse IMO. There are like...12 EF servers nowadays.
 
Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
That's pretty... wow... that must've been pretty bad. I don't even think EA could pull off something that bad to make that many people quit BF2

Well, they're certainly trying... :D :p
 
wfalcon said:
Well, they're certainly trying... :D :p

Yeah, but the thing with BF2 is you dont pay to play. So as soon as they have their money from you getting the game they dont give two shits if you play or not.

I will probably buy another EA PC game.
 
|MaguS| said:
Everquests: Planes of Power... basically ruined Everquest...

Heh, I'd say any expansions after Velious were pretty much crap for me. Luclin wasn't *that* bad but it wasn't as good as the others. The last exp. I bought for EQ though was PoP and I agree... it was crap.

As for BF2, I didn't even bother with those crappy expansions since most of those should've been free IMO. Because of those stupid booster packs, I'm probably going to skip on buying BF2142 and go with Quake Wars (until they start with the booster pack crap).
 
Molgera said:
Half-Life's Blue Shift was the worst to me because it was really short. Probably 3-4 hours for most and they charged $30 for it.
i bought blueshift and just that cd key let me get counterstrike 1.4 i believe. i got blueshift on the sale rack for $7 so i was happy.

I never actually installed blueshift though
 
Back
Top