• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

World's Most Craptacular Borg

[Spectre]

I Will Find You
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
24,889
Borged a P3-450 that runs 4 to 5 hours a day max :D

Timeless WU should net what 40 points ever two months or so.........
 
And I thought my Pentium 233 borg was bad, but at least it runs 24/7
 
I may beat you if I ever decide to borg my EPIA 1GHz (underclocked to 800MHz) box!
 
Why the hell did you underclock that?

It is already passively cooled :confused:
 
Spectre said:
Why the hell did you underclock that?

It is already passively cooled :confused:
No, its not. Only the 800MHz and 600MHz models are passively cooled. I just took the fan offa my M-10000 cause it was annoying me and underclocked it. Viola, mine is passive now :p. I really don't need the machine to be too powerful anyway since its basically a dedicated download box.
 
WraithOD said:
No, its not. Only the 800MHz and 600MHz models are passively cooled. I just took the fan offa my M-10000 cause it was annoying me and underclocked it. Viola, mine is passive now :p. I really don't need the machine to be too powerful anyway since its basically a dedicated download box.

Sorry thought even the 1ghz was passive......oh well. I guess it only gets counted for 2/3 it's clock speed anyway
;)
 
Spectre said:
Sorry thought even the 1ghz was passive......oh well. I guess it only gets counted for 2/3 it's clock speed anyway
;)
Man I'm not even sure if it qualifies for 1/2 its clock speed. The IPC is horrible, but it does what I want it to. I'd install F@H but I REALLY don't want to have to put the original fan or a new heatsink on to cool it properly.

BTW, this should become the official worst borgs thread :)
 
re-wire the fan for 5v or 7v. VIOLA quiet. I have a 92mm tornado on my SLK900a and dont hear it. The fan in my APC smartups 1500 makes more noise then my primary computer... and there are 6 six fans in it total.
 
RedShred said:
re-wire the fan for 5v or 7v. VIOLA quiet. I have a 92mm tornado on my SLK900a and dont hear it. The fan in my APC smartups 1500 makes more noise then my primary computer... and there are 6 six fans in it total.
If you can show me a way to do it without needing a 3pin to 4pin adapter for the fan (as I don't have one spare currently) I'll borg it asap :)

Hmm, now I kind of want to cut a hole in the case over the heatsink and toss one of my spare 120mm fans over it and oc the thing :D
 
i could set up a couple 133mhz pentiums, or maybe even some with... MMX!!!!!! :p
 
Heh... currently my fridge is covered with 100, 133, 166 and 200MHz pentiums as fridge magnets. Technically I've got over 8GHz on my fridge alone. At my old job when we were doing a MASSIVE upgrade, I had to strip down the computers then cart them to the dumpster. I was instructed to keep any good IDE cables, 4mb+ PCI video cards, 10mbit pci cards, floppy drives and cd-rom drives that were working, the rest didn't matter. I could take whatever else of the PC I wanted for myself before I threw it away, so I've got a huge stack of heatsinks, fans, cpu's and ramsticks.

A nice, shiny, gold-pinned fridge magnet makes a good present. As do ramstick keyrings. And I've got enough fans and heatsinks to do whatever modding thing I could imagine... to bad I'm not that into modding; I care more about hardware than looks. (cue a moose comment ;) )

None of them work, and most of my cpu's have glue all over the back of them. One of them's still stuck to its heatsink because I couldn't get it off. Why did they have to make that epoxy so strong? :rolleyes:
 
i am going to borg this
apple2a.jpg


just kidding

I have a borged 233 mmx out there somewhere that spits out a wu every 2 months or so :eek:

u_DR_K13
 
maybe i can piece together some old vacuum tubes and see if it can turn in a WU every decade or so
 
I am resurrecting this since I am considering borging my new laptop.........

it's a Sharp MM20P w/ the Transmeta Efficeon 1.0ghz, 512mb :D but it weighs 2 lbs and is .5 thick :D

I wonder how it would fold.........
 
Spectre said:
I am resurrecting this since I am considering borging my new laptop.........

it's a Sharp MM20P w/ the Transmeta Efficeon 1.0ghz, 512mb :D but it weighs 2 lbs and is .5 thick :D

I wonder how it would fold.........
Only one way to find out...
 
Spectre said:
I am resurrecting this since I am considering borging my new laptop.........

it's a Sharp MM20P w/ the Transmeta Efficeon 1.0ghz, 512mb :D but it weighs 2 lbs and is .5 thick :D

I wonder how it would fold.........

Do it. Let's see if it can match the performance of one of the VIA C3's.

 
marty9876 said:
512mb, make sure to turn on large blocks ;)

Oh man can you imagine that poor thing chewing on a 600 pointer!! :eek:

What a wakeup/workout that would be! :D


 
Yeah before that happens is there a benchmark i can run to see how it would chew on them? This thing is passively cooled after all and I don't want my nards frying off for nothing.
 
Spectre said:
Yeah before that happens is there a benchmark i can run to see how it would chew on them? This thing is passively cooled after all and I don't want my nards frying off for nothing.
Just keep them out of there altogether. I've found that to be the best policy.

Basically, try it for a bit (half hour) and see how the heat is doing.
 
unhappy_mage said:
Just keep them out of there altogether. I've found that to be the best policy.

My nards or(edited to say or) the 600 pointers :D

Basically, try it for a bit (half hour) and see how the heat is doing.

But how good an indication of folding ability will that short a run give....if it is getting toasty?
 
pretty much. 1/2 hour should be long enough to expose any immediate problems. you won't "know" know for a few days, but if it is reasonably cool (not too hot) after 1/2 hour it should be fine.
 
Ok i have it up and running and guess what I got?

p1136_p1130_L939_K12M_355K

A 241 point 400frame TINKER core :rolleyes:
 
Spectre said:
Ok i have it up and running and guess what I got?

p1136_p1130_L939_K12M_355K A 241 point 400frame TINKER core :rolleyes:

you set it up for timeless?


u_DR_K13
 
Well after the first frame it is giving me about 1.2 points per hour per ghz .........the upside is it stayed really pretty cool..........thank god my nards survived!

Edit: Unless Idid that math wrong. 1 frame in 30 minutes.
 
Back
Top