World of Goo - Name your own price

They should have instituted a $0.50 minimum :rolleyes:

Site is taking a beating right now. I'll check back later.

I'm thinking that it might be fastest to just pirate this game. I mean, I paid for it today but I haven't been able to download more than 6mb before losing the connection.

they obviously expected a ton of people to buy it for 1 cent when they created the deal. hopefully they have some kind of agreement in place with paypal or whoever. or maybe they can just reject the payment for all of them? idk...

What's with all the cheap asses? If you don't think it's worth anything, why try to get it? Skip a red bull/bawls or something and put it to better use.

I think that really puts it in perspective. Shit, I drink four dollar green teas. I can definitely skip that for three or four days.

Never mind, got it to work, more or less anyway.

Last edited:
Pretty sweet game. I'm going to have to go back and donate more.

Well I donated, downloaded and now I can't get the game to work...I hear music, but my screen just goes black :confused:

Found a solution to my issue in case anyone else was as confused as I was....the resolution needs to be 800x600 I believe, so when the game starts, hit ALT+Enter for window mode.

Found a solution to my issue in case anyone else was as confused as I was....the resolution needs to be 800x600 I believe, so when the game starts, hit ALT+Enter for window mode.

It doesn't... you can change the resolution.

go to \WorldOfGoo\properties then open up the Config file and change:

<param name="screen_width" value="xxx"/>
<param name="screen_height" value="xxx"/>

1280x800 and 1680x1050 have worked fine for me.

Since this download be tied to your steam account?

Also, what's to stop somebody from ordering 100 for $.01 each and reselling the download?

There's no DRM, so what's to stop anybody from anything?
Yep, exactly. Interesting to see the true colors of a lot of people shining through.

First it was "games are too expensive" and then it was "DRM is too restrictive" but when an indie game puts out a great little game, a ton of fun and time killer, doesn't put any DRM on it whatsoever, and then offers it up for whatever *you* think it's worth...well shit, at that point you just gotta say either give em a buck (more imo, definitely worth it) or STFU.

Well, I'll put it more politely. If you come here bragging about how you gipped these devs, don't expect any kind of positive reaction from people who have played the game.

I gave em $5, it seems like it will be fun and we should show this model can work!

I paid $10 for it, and it was well worth it. Great little entertaining game.

I also saw this on SD. I just grabbed it for a buck. E-mail was immediate. It's 64 MB and is coming in at 627 kB/sec on my 6 Mbps pipe. If I play this game a lot and like it, I'll donate more $. :cool:

Does anyone know if I can link this to my steam account? Or am I just paying for a download link?

If you had read the faq http://2dboy.com/faq.php

" I bought the game on your website, but I want to activate it on Steam, is that possible?

If you bought the game before the release date, yes, you can activate the game on Steam with the magic key we sent you via email. From now on, if you want to get the Steam version, simply buy the game through Steam."

I cant get the demo to work under Win 7 64 bit....it runs but will not display correctly....

You have to edit the config file to match your resolution. It's not a Win 7 x64 issue, because it works just fine for me.

Back