World In Conflict Beta

i signed up for that a few weeks ago and i got a key in my email. is it good?

As soon as i get home from work ill let you know. Looks like it could be the next Company of Heroes just modern warfare so it has definitely peaked my interest.

Fileplanet just gave away 5000 beta keys all of witch seem to taken but apparently Internode and Intel still have keys get em while there hot i just got mine from intel (apparently im from the UK now ;) ).

EDIT other sites to get keys from
http://www.ausgamers.com/competitions/worldinconflictbeta/index.php
http://www.gamearena.com.au/competitions/wicbeta/

Cool, thanks, I'm in. :)

EDIT: Unless I missed it somewhere it doesn't appear the client is available until July 11th.

Well, I have a key. Should be interesting to see how this stacks up. ET:QW was a bit of a letdown for me so hopefully this will be a better beta that won't disappoint.

I had heard about this game and it looks pretty impressive, but I didn't know there was a beta. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Did that work for you because all i got was
Welcome to the World in Conflict Open Beta! You will be able to download the open beta client at this web address starting Wednesday, July the 11th. You can also find this web address in the confirmation mail that was sent to you after you successfully finished the registration process. We sincerely apologies for this inconvenience and hope you will enjoy World in Conflict this year's most intense action-strategy game.

I was in the original beta and the game is/was boring as hellllll. I was hoping for a mix between CoH and Command and Conquer or something....

I could expand on this if you guys want me to, I don't mind losing my NDA thing now.

I was in the original beta and the game is/was boring as hellllll. I was hoping for a mix between CoH and Command and Conquer or something....

I could expand on this if you guys want me to, I don't mind losing my NDA thing now.
Personally, I thought it was amazing and one of the best games I've played in a while. Far better than C&C3.

Same here.

i downloaded it and played it a few weeks ago.... i wasn't too impressed

It didn't seem like the graphics scaled well AT ALL. When you zoom in the models are super detailed and look all nifty, but zoomed out they are basically blobs of color. I was running it at 1680x1050 and mostly high settings with some AA and a little AF too.

So the torrent is up now but going kinda slow (about 30-40k) considering that there was over 600 seeds hopefully when i go home for lunch it will be done.

Man, the torrent is getting hammered. I've got 465 seeds and 6736 peers. ETA on the download is 5 weeks (lol).

im seeding the torrent as well as i can my eta is 1 hour. hopefully my upload speed will help a bit. I was in the gamespot beta before this one and i cant wait to play it again ^-^

Hey, I've been reading this forum for a while (Aka, lurking) and I finally have a way to repay you guys. I have an extra beta key that I'm giving away to the first person that PM's me.

Anyway, thanks for such an awesome forum :p

Holy f'ing crap the benchmark rapes your PC.

I hope drivers will improve the performance but it looks like the engine has got legs. It brought my PC to its knees at highest quality settings. I love seeing a game I can't run properly, makes me look forward to new hardware that can run it properly :)

Amd 4400+ @ 2.9ghz
2gb Corsair superduperwhateverf'ingexpensive ram
8800GTX (have SLI as it goes but we all know how well that works on Vista, other card is in my spare PC atm ;) )

Need SLI working on Vista :(

And I might have to treat myself to the new 3.0ghz 1333 fsb Quad Core when it comes out in a couple of weeks. I want to see the difference it will make, I think I'm CPU limited because I get 19fps average at highest quality and only 27fps at medium quality.

Do you have the latest beta vista drivers Iratus? Check in the nvidia forum for a link.

I am like 5min away from dling, I'm just hoping this graphics card can even play it

Without violating the NDA (I think)...it's like Company of Heroes with more explosions. And, at least thus far, it doesn't suck...

Well the benchmark is pretty hardcore. There are tons of units there blowing up that town and non stop explosions from bombing runs with masses of shrapnel going everywhere. The tutorial was buttery smooth the entire time (and tearing all over the place because it wouldn't accept any changes to the graphics options so vsync wouldn't stick. And yes, I changed all the security settings for the Sierra folder and ran it as an admin).

I'm sure I'll get flamed to death for saying it but I wasn't visually impressed with the DX10 version. I was hoping for something really special but I didn't think it looked half as good as DX10 CoH and the overal feel of the graphics was very 'boxy' like their previous games. It looked like a DX9 game still. I couldn't check what the DX9 version was like because, as I said, any changes to the graphics options didn't stick so the DX10 kept switching itself back on with a restart.

I didn't read the NDA/EULA but then it's open beta anyway so I doubt the NDA is silencing.

Finkus, install the lastest drivers if you haven't. It seems to turn a lot more of the preddies on. Definately made the game smoother for me too. Before the drivers I couldn't see the smoke or anything.

Game is just gorgeous for me now, kicks the crap out of CoH graphics (and I'm warming to the gameplay)

If only I could find where it puts the screenshots

Finkus, install the lastest drivers if you haven't. It seems to turn a lot more of the preddies on. Definately made the game smoother for me too. Before the drivers I couldn't see the smoke or anything.

Game is just gorgeous for me now, kicks the crap out of CoH graphics (and I'm warming to the gameplay)

If only I could find where it puts the screenshots

This is how it is for XP, not sure about Vista: My Documents\World In Conflict - BETA\Screenshots

Even on XP the game is very pretty and actually runs quite well.

Old beta drivers = 21fps average after five runs of the benchmark
New beta drivers (163.11) = 24fps " " " " " " "
Running at 1680x1050 x4AA x16AF

Oops, forgot to add system:
E6600 at 3GHz
8800GTX at stock
4GB Ram at 800Mhz
EVGA 680i SLI mobo
Vista x64

Didn't see any change visually though. Everything was set to max by default when I installed it anyway. Call me crazy but I still don't think it holds a candle to DX10 CoH. That still wins by a country mile for lighting, shadows, models, animation, textures and smoke.... But then it is a fairly fixed viewpoint most of the time, a lot closer to the action. WIC has you zooming all over the map at high speeds with a lot more going on.

This is how it is for XP, not sure about Vista: My Documents\World In Conflict - BETA\Screenshots

Even on XP the game is very pretty and actually runs quite well.

Aha. I found the WIC folder in Documents on Vista. Changing permissions let me change graphics settings. The DX9 version seems graphically identical but the fps drops into the mid teens. It looks like they don't use DX10 to do anything fancy like CoH, they just use it to improve framerates.. by about 25-30%

Aha. I found the WIC folder in Documents on Vista. Changing permissions let me change graphics settings. The DX9 version seems graphically identical but the fps drops into the mid teens. It looks like they don't use DX10 to do anything fancy like CoH, they just use it to improve framerates.. by about 25-30%

Does DX10 have god rays?

Old beta drivers = 21fps average after five runs of the benchmark
New beta drivers = 24fps " " " " " " "

Oops, forgot to add system:
E6600 at 3GHz
8800GTX at stock
4GB Ram at 800Mhz
EVGA 680i SLI mobo
Vista x64

Didn't see any change visually though. Everything was set to max by default when I installed it anyway. Call me crazy but I still don't think it holds a candle to DX10 CoH. That still wins by a country mile for lighting, shadows, models, animation, textures and smoke.... But then it is a fairly fixed viewpoint most of the time, a lot closer to the action. WIC has you zooming all over the map at high speeds with a lot more going on.

Which actual drivers did you install? Which version?

I started downloading it and then I thought, "Who am I kidding, I have an X1800XT." :(

Looks like even a GTS will have problems. It's sad when even your pipe dream card is becoming obsolete.

I started downloading it and then I thought, "Who am I kidding, I have an X1800XT." :(

Looks like even a GTS will have problems. It's sad when even your pipe dream card is becoming obsolete.

I run at 1680x1050/2xAA/16xAF/max settings and it runs much better than I expected. I played two maps with 16 players and only had a few hiccups. This was on DX9 of course.

Which actual drivers did you install? Which version?

There are new beta 163.11s that went up today at nvidia. They mention WIC specifically in the release notes.

EDIT: My old beta drivers were the 153.45 or something like that. The ones that came out alongside the CoH DX10 patch.

Back