World Community Grid Install Thoughts

Well it makes more noise.... I think overall the FAH SMP client runs things much cooler, there are reports of ~ 10C drops in temps etc. Maybe it's not hitting all the SSE instruction sets or some shit like that.
Could be. I don't have any machines to run the SMP client on, so I don't have much experience with it...other that what is posted here.

Well, it is involved for me as I have to set proxy settings, and sneakernet an .exe file to each machine. :)

Ya, I forogt about that..that bites..

Well if there is a way to set up a VPN to a secondary WU server or something, I volunteer my resources to help you out. No clue if something like this could be done.

Ya, I forogt about that..that bites..

Well if there is a way to set up a VPN to a secondary WU server or something, I volunteer my resources to help you out. No clue if something like this could be done.
I haven't look into it really...but I had to sneakernet a new .exe again this morning:rolleyes: .

I've always thought Moose should set up his own little DC proxy/VPN type of deal. Route the traffic through one of my networks or something but... That's basically is violation of the rules of the network Moose is on so...

I've always thought Moose should set up his own little DC proxy/VPN type of deal. Route the traffic through one of my networks or something but... That's basically is violation of the rules of the network Moose is on so...

ya I wandered about that, it basically bypasses thier security and connects him to an unknown network.

ah well...

ya I wandered about that, it basically bypasses thier security and connects him to an unknown network.

ah well...
I am sure this is a violation of policy....especially since I work for a bank.

I am sure this is a violation of policy....especially since I work for a bank.

Yes, it is... If the network admins put filters there, it's for a good reason. Same for my work network, which is also well protected, being in the justice system (I'm a IT Technician providing tech support for the network of courthouses). Don't try to circumvent them since they will surely log everything. Keep your moose ass safe ;)

Yes, it is... If the network admins put filters there, it's for a good reason. Same for my work network, which is also well protected, being in the justice system (I'm a IT Technician providing tech support for the network of courthouses). Don't try to circumvent them since they will surely log everything. Keep your moose ass safe ;)

AME to that. I would never think of it anyway. I am a Regional IT manager...points ain't worth that much. :)
pics of tellers?
Mostly jail-bait dude... :D

Back