Worklog: Trashed 28 oct 2005

i cant... i would love to watercool it, but i planned everything without it. so i dont have any room whatsoever to even think about putting H2O in there.

small update to whet your appitite!

add some socket head bolts, aluminum spacers, diamondplate aluminum, a holesaw, and lots of sanding and buffing and you get something like this...

Picture1229.jpg

Picture1232.jpg

Picture1240.jpg

Picture1234.jpg

just like i said, i wanted it a bit more flashy... there is still more to come to this top. this is just the first part of the finished top lid. tonight i should be posting the finished one.

what do you think?

dont put too much on it. sometimes simple works best. when you add stuff make sure it fits well with the feel of the rest of the case, and dont go modding the lid all by itself.

Agreed. Awesome mod, just remember that you CAN overdo things. Not that you are at the moment, but I have seen it.....

Great work and congrats on the baby! AND the new super duper house of modding..... I mean suburban dwellings. :D

well the top lid is done. i will not do anymore to it, i dont want to over-do anything on this case. its going to go well with the other things i have for this case. just a hint, it will go right along the lines of the lid, just on smaller scale!

little bit of pics will do you well till next update!

Picture1280.jpg

Picture1281.jpg

Picture1289.jpg

till later...:D

OUCH I'd hate to sit down on that! Looks sweet! I'm going to be really bummed when you finish this case, won't have as much to look forward to in the worklogs.

orange juicers! brillient! a good nerd needs to always be on the lookout for scurvy. just cause those full throttle fury drinks taste like orange doesn't mean you're getting any vitimin C in them :p

i kid of course :)

what are those cones anyway? Dont tell me you stuck nosecones on 60mm fans :eek: And if the fans are bigger, that tiny little hole has to be restricting airflow.

Unknown-One said:
what are those cones anyway? Dont tell me you stuck nosecones on 60mm fans :eek: And if the fans are bigger, that tiny little hole has to be restricting airflow.
no no no, you must not have seen the previous pictures and posts. :eek: they are mounted on 120mm fans behind modders mesh from www.mnpctech.com <------(blatent plug) hehe. after that, i mounted the diamonplate on risers so that the airflow is not being constricted at all. all the air can come out on the sides. also the big thing, is that the fans are not sucking in, but blowing out. the whole system sucks from the bottom to the top as convection happens.

rock and roll.

Sadness...a month since the last update. Guess life got busy eh?

Untill the next set of picts... cheers!

Dear god this is so awesome.
I can't believe it's the same polished rubish can you started with!

IT TIME TO ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT!

nice Radio control airplane prop spinners :D Checking in late, looks very sweet. cant wait to see the final result. /subscribed

THIS IS AWSOME MAN, keep up the great work - Oh by the way what are the gauges monitoring and how or what have you connected these up to.

Beatiful work, and I applaud your patience and attention to detail. Two things that keep me from being any good at modding. Definately a thread I want to subscribe to.

I have really been enjoying your worklog. It occurs to me that you could close up that large opening at the rear of the case. Each commonly used connection (cable) on the back panel could be relocated with the use of short extention cables. The video/monitor connector just needs a male/female cable, same with the USB connection, mouse, kybd, and sound.

A small cluster of them could then be mounted, perhaps, at the bottom of the case in a nice, neat arrangement. The entire square back plate opening could then be closed up for a neater appearance (perhaps dark acrylic, or more mesh). The new back plate cover could be unscrewed and the 5 cables pulled loose for chassis removal.

One small additional mod to the above would be to mount a wireless kybd/mouse transmitter internally, eliminating two of the cables. USB could be front or side mounted, leaving just video and sound at the rear. Just my $.02 :) , and again, terrific mod, man.

Chris

Back