Workaround for Windows 11 Microsoft Account Requirement....

IAmForum

Weaksauce
I found a way to get around the Microsoft Account requirement for Windows 11....

at least it worked for my new Lenovo Laptops

After you connect to the internet (where windows 11 looks for updates)....I connect to the internet

BUT - at the next step - i turned on airplane mode.....it then skipped the Microsoft account requirement

does this for for normal windows 11 installs or just Lenovo New laptop images ? - I don't know yet...

Thanks. However, would it not be easier to just go ahead with the login, then create another local account, with admin privilege's and remove the Microsoft account at that point?

But must we have a Microsoft account? (I think that was the point)

I know of no one who does not have a Microsoft account, whether it is through an email or even an XBox account. Essentially, a majority of folks have one and even if you do not, it is easy to setup and that is that.

You will make a MS account and LIKE IT. Welcome to the future of computing, forced assimilation.

You will make a MS account and LIKE IT. Welcome to the future of computing, forced assimilation.

The real problem would be if they would not let you remove the account or even use the computer without logging into one, after the fact.

My workaround is to stay on Win 10 as long as it is supported. That's years off. Maybe by then it will be Windows 12, or Windows 13.

I just installed a two new Windows 11 Pro installs on two really old laptops and could easily create a offline account. I did turn off the features that does not allow you to install Windows 11 on these laptops so it would install with Rufus.

So is there a way to run Windows 11 Home with a local account, install / upgrade without a MS account?

I have an HP AIO I just finished blocking Windows 11 upgrade on via the registry. Caught it just in time. I'd run Win 11 if I don't have to have a MS account.

btw, I blame Apple for all this mandatory account BS. :p

So is there a way to run Windows 11 Home with a local account, install / upgrade without a MS account?

I have an HP AIO I just finished blocking Windows 11 upgrade on via the registry. Caught it just in time. I'd run Win 11 if I don't have to have a MS account.

btw, I blame Apple for all this mandatory account BS. :p
if youre using a local account now, the upgrade wont force you to create a ms account. just update.

if youre using a local account now, the upgrade wont force you to create a ms account. just update.
There's nothing stopping Microsoft from doing what they do under Windows 10 Home, spamming users with a full screen requester that cannot be closed manipulating them into using a 'non limited account'. Furthermore, you can't just close this full screen requester, you can only swap to a non limited account or defer for three days.

There's nothing stopping Microsoft from doing what they do under Windows 10 Home, spamming users with a full screen requester that cannot be closed manipulating them into using a 'non limited account'. Furthermore, you can't just close this full screen requester, you can only swap to a non limited account or defer for three days.
Microsoft may not be the Evil Empire from the1990s (if you remember those days) but they are not exactly angels, just habitual criminals who know the public is wise to some of their scams. Besides, they have lots of "competition" these days. Google and Facebook, primarily, but also Amazon. Plus lots of other social media.

If only my key applications ran under Linux .... But they don't.:mad::dead::banghead:

Microsoft may not be the Evil Empire from the1990s (if you remember those days) but they are not exactly angels, just habitual criminals who know the public is wise to some of their scams. Besides, they have lots of "competition" these days. Google and Facebook, primarily, but also Amazon. Plus lots of other social media.

If only my key applications ran under Linux .... But they don't.:mad::dead::banghead:
The empire is much much much worse. I believe you have been greatly deceived.

The empire is much much much worse. I believe you have been greatly deceived.
I won't ague with that. I can't. I don't use social media very much, so I might not notice the full range of nefarious Microsoft activities. I would really appreciate being educated about MS privacy violations, etc.

FWIW, MS doesn't get anywhere near as much media attention as Google and Facebook for privacy violations, etc.

Even though all my Windows licenses are 100% legit, I never log into my MS account. My wife's system is a laptop with OEM license, and that's registered in my MS account, but she never connects to the MS account. They don't need to know about every damn spreadsheet, doc, or Powerpoint that I work on. Or how much time I spend on Adobe applications.

I love how setting your default browser under Windows 10 Home involves setting about six defaults and selecting 'switch anyway' at least twice in succession. Wanna use a PDF reader that isn't Edge and actually works with Outlook? You'll be asked if you want to 'switch anyway'...

Damn it's annoying.

Even after installing Outlook, your default mail client is still that absolutely woeful Windows 10 Mail until you go in and 'switch anyway'...

Just downloaded Rufus and there are no options regarding Windows 11. Is there a secret key combo to access them?

Shit, never mind. Gotta hit start to get to those option. :confused:

Last edited:
Just downloaded Rufus and there are no options regarding Windows 11. Is there a secret key combo to access them?

Shit, never mind. Gotta hit start to get to those option. :confused:
the other thread shows the settings

Back