Work Task, Video Card for 3840x2160

meledward

n00b
I work with large pdf documents and other similar large greyscale images and in order to view the entire document at actual size I calculated roughly 3900x2900 pixels was required. So when I saw the Seiki 39" 4k, I bought it.

I work with spreadsheets, data, and large image files (for information gathering).

I have no interest in PC gaming, but I do want a card that is fast and efficient when required to display say a 20 page pdf that is 20 to 40 MB and when displayed at actual size will still be slightly larger than the 3840x2160 of the seiki display.

So, how powerful of a video card do I really need or not need?

Thank you for your help and time.

(system is Win8, Intel I5-3470, and two older nvidia 9600GT)

660 I believe will work. But are I read it only supports 30hz or something? I'm sure if you post this in the Monitor sub, you'd get a better response.

If you are only displaying pdf's then any card with at least 1GB of VRAM and a DP should do.
You will need to use the display port for this.

The TV Does not do 4k@60hz, its 4k@30hz.
Also, it does not have displayport, only HDMI.

With that being said the only recommendation that makes sense would be aznx, the Geforce 660ti which would be perfect, just make sure to get one with DVI/HDMI output.

Was too focused on Domini's post and overlooked aznx's. However, I still think a GTX660 is overkill when you can get by with something that costs almost half that.

We will find out. I ordered an AMD 7790. We shall see how it works.

The card gets here Saturday and the monitor Monday, err TV.

The disappearance can only mean two things:

1.: The screen blew up in his face, and he's dead

2.: He had no problems, so he didn't bother to report back.

I tested my Asus 4k on a 660Ti @ 60hz no problem. Any recent card with DP will be fine.

The dude has gone away, but fro a seiki 4k all you need is dual HDMI outputs, which any but the lowest tier cards can handle.

Back