Woot: ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" = $269

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
LINK TO THE DEAL.

ViewSonic_gTablet_10_1__Multi-touch_Tablet9fjStandard.jpg

Good deal for a Tegra 2 tablet...read reviews to see if the pros outweigh the cons though.

Screen is terrible, speed is good :). I went from a Nook Color to one of these and then back to the Nook Color. I'll take the speed hit for a better screen personally, but this is a good price on these.

I got one of these last time Woot put them up. I can live with the screen, and you won't find better tablet hardware anywhere within $100 (or more) of the price. Anybody who gets one should go to slatedroid.com and check out roebeet's work on ROMs for the tablet.

I got one of these last time Woot put them up. I can live with the screen, and you won't find better tablet hardware anywhere within $100 (or more) of the price. Anybody who gets one should go to slatedroid.com and check out roebeet's work on ROMs for the tablet.
The Asus Transformer at $399 putting it within $100 of the gTablet and has an IPS screen with a dock option.

I bought one of these and promptly returned it for the Acer Iconia a500 tablet. Cost me $150 more, but man did that screen suck balls compared to the Acer's. Not worth the money to me, only 1 person could look at the screen at a time and even then you couldnt lay down and read or play games on it. Just a forewarning.

Bad move on Viewsonic's part to bring this to market with a sucky screen. If they weren't a display company this could be overlooked but being that they are, it's unforgivable.

The Asus Transformer at $399 putting it within $100 of the gTablet and has an IPS screen with a dock option.

$399 - $269 = $130 ;)

Also, if you can find a Transformer in stock for $399, please point me in that direction.

I bought the gTab to have something to mess with until the Transformer was available. I'm not saying the screen is great, but it works for me. You can get a better tablet, but the gTab is a good bargain.

It cracks me up everyone whining about the screen. Yes, you get what you pay for, and it is not IPS. That being said, I am GLAD it is NOT IPS. Yes, that's right...I enjoy the privacy I get with it, and I can use it on flights without the guy next to me shoulder surfing me for hours...which is exactly what happened when I was using the iPad...on multiple occasions. It is very annoying, but with the gTablet...no more shoulder surfing. :D

It cracks me up everyone whining about the screen. Yes, you get what you pay for, and it is not IPS. That being said, I am GLAD it is NOT IPS. Yes, that's right...I enjoy the privacy I get with it, and I can use it on flights without the guy next to me shoulder surfing me for hours...which is exactly what happened when I was using the iPad...on multiple occasions. It is very annoying, but with the gTablet...no more shoulder surfing. :D

I think you were in the other thread because I remember the privacy story ;).

I get what you're saying, but I'd like to at least be able to look at the whole screen without having to tilt it one way or the other to see the other side due to washed out parts of it. That's what drove me nuts and why I got rid of it.

i actually was interested in maybe the gtablet, but after the reviews and reading it was discontinued, thanks to the other info in this thread, i bit on the asus transformer. Thanks!!! :D

Back