woot off tonight

yeah, still nothing I want to bite on yet. If those cigar drives were a bit bigger I might.

USB Drive is done - refreshing now for the hopefully BOC !! - Nah - POC hemmeroid digital camera. Time to go home....

Hey guys, I was asleep last night, but how much was the "THE MATRIX" dvd set??? :rolleyes:

O thank god it wasn't like 10 bucks lol, thanks! I can just get one from another place for 5 bucks more hehe :D

Still working for me, they got wireless bluetooth headphones now...

Thier shipping sucks, took me over 2 weeks to get my order, and 3 days for a reply to their customer support.

hity645 said:
Still working for me, they got wireless bluetooth headphones now...

Thier shipping sucks, took me over 2 weeks to get my order, and 3 days for a reply to their customer support.

Yeah, but they don't claim fast shipping. It's whatever they decide to go with. You only add $5 for shipping anyway. Still a good deal on most stuff as long as you don't need it tomorrow or anything.

paco said:
Yeah, but they don't claim fast shipping. It's whatever they decide to go with. You only add $5 for shipping anyway. Still a good deal on most stuff as long as you don't need it tomorrow or anything.

I receive all my woots the day before I get a confirmation email. Then again, I live in TX and about 30 mins from their hq.

BTW - it is a HUGE facility

I ordered one of them 250gb hdd, I needed the space thought why not give it a try, for over 7 days I didnt recieve even a confimation email, then friday night I get one and tuesday I get my drive. Email them cause they shipped me a 80gb and they get me another one on monday, after I received an email on friday that they would ship the correct one to me. It was my first woot, and the fact that they shipped me the wrong drive + it took such a long time will make me hesistate on every woot I decide to do. Now if I'd have gotten the correct drive Id have been so happy I got more space Id overlook the time it took to get to me.

ummm, whatever.

It's well, whatever stuff they have lying around. Sometimes you get absolute crap, other's you'll get that 50$ HDD, or the 6 piece speakers, or whatever. It's a total crapshoot, but for 8 bucks, who cares ;)

I just realized that most of the crap they sold on woot in the last couple weeks have been garbage. I mean seriously... unless you really need it. The hard drives are already legacy... if they had SATA it would be fine...

ALright, it's fine depending on what you're using them for... lol. I did buy two of the refurbished 120gb IDE-100 2MB buffer... LoL WEAK!! I can sort through notebook paper faster than that. I can't wait to use it.

I noticed newegg has 250gb SATA for sale for 86 shipped... thats about how much I paid for two crappy ass refurbished drives. I'm retarded... no i'm E-Tarded and a crazy impulse buyer. :(

hity645 said:
I thought I saw somehwere in a boc they got a plasma tv..
Yeah, that was a little while ago. I think it was a DLP rear projection, though.

Lucky schmuck, whoever that was!

DejaWiz said:
Aside from the 250 gig hdd's for a potentially cheap raid, yeah, it has been.

How does a RAID setup like this compare to say, a regular lone
8MB cache SATA drive?

js

jellysandwich said:
How does a RAID setup like this compare to say, a regular lone
8MB cache SATA drive?

js
Depends on what it's doing. R0 would be a little faster for transfer. R1 would be great for non-boot drive data protection.

All in all, I'd rather just have a few SATA 3Gb/s drives non-RAID.

The drives Woot has should be used nothing for nothing else but storage. They have all been ide drives, with 2mb cahces.

It's still going but they have some $200 network cameras running which are going very sloooow. Been up for about 3 and half hours now....

I have to say, this was the first woot off I was really around/sticking for, but I was disappointed. There wasn't really anything "good" in it, at least to me.

Do they usually have better things then that?

Back