woot! look what I got working

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
screw the CLI lol!

CWxAb.jpg

Back in college we attempted to install a webgui on one of the routers in the lab, but was unsuccessful. It was so long ago i forget all the details. but not something id bother with now.

SDM 2.5 is old and no longer updated. You need to be running Cisco Configuration Professional if you want the latest and greatest. Its free, just like SDM was. Find it here:

Cisco Configuration Professional
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9422/index.html

Honestly though, I'm not sure how many professional Cisco folks rely on SDM/CCP on a day to day basis. The only thing I ever found it useful for was learning CLIs for things I'm not familiar with. Enable the CLI preview in the options, configure something in SDM, see what CLIs it would configure, then go do the same yourself.

CLI here as well, I've logged in to take a peek at cisco devices we have with web interfaces. They have generally been more confusing than anything else for me. :(

Guys I was just joking about the cli, I just installed it and checked it out to follow the ccna and ccent material, from my understanding you dont even get questions on it anymore.

SDM is still on the exams at the moment. I'm pretty sure my CCNA-Security test was full of questions involving it. SNRS also had a lot of questions on it but that's being retired in a few months.

CCP doesn't work on older equipment so unless your home is full of 2800s and other new equipment SDM still has its uses. Pretty sure you can still use it on 7206VXRs too. I have a bunch of those at work but I just use the CLI on them.

Do you even need to know the CLI anymore? I took a few courses and man, it was rough.

Back