• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Won't overclock anymore?

LucasG

Gawd
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
677
For some reason my overclock settings are not working anymore. Even thought the settings are correctly set on my BIOS when it gets to windows and I run Orthos or check the settings, the overclock is back to the motherboard default.

I have disabled
CPU Enhanced Halt (CIE)
CPU Thermal Monitor (TM2)
CPI EIST Function

And all the settings were set correctly. When I restart and check the BIOS the overclock settings are there just fine.

I don't understand what's going on. I have A P35-DS3R and a E6750.
 
It is possible since your board has dual bios, the primary chip might be failing and when the secondary chip kicks in, it sets everything back to default. I am no Gigabyte engineer but I have seen problems similar to this on the numerous forums.
I would contact Gigabyte support ans see if there is a solution.

Good Luck.
 
It used to work just fine before though. It's very weird. Contacting their support is probably like calling for support for your local cable television and telling you to reset your digital box. I don't trust support on any company anymore. Just people found solutions. :p
 
If it happend to me I would clear the cmos, reload factory defauts and set everthing to auto/stock and reboot. Then I would try a minor OC and start working back to where I was in steps.
 
Can you send the board back to where you bought it from? Unfortunately Gigabyte doesn't use socketed bios chips so if you are having a failure, board replacement is the only option.
 
Common issue on Gigabyte boards. Flash to the latest BIOS. Then power it down, clearing the cmos via the jumper then pull the power cable from the PSU and wait about 20 minutes. You can also yank the CMOS battery while you're waiting. When you power it back on let the machine boot into windows, then do a restart and go into the bios and put your OC settings back in. If that doesn't work, well, then you are one of the unlucky ones that has a bugged Gigabyte board with no real solution to fixing it.
 
Common issue on Gigabyte boards. Flash to the latest BIOS. Then power it down, clearing the cmos via the jumper then pull the power cable from the PSU and wait about 20 minutes. You can also yank the CMOS battery while you're waiting. When you power it back on let the machine boot into windows, then do a restart and go into the bios and put your OC settings back in. If that doesn't work, well, then you are one of the unlucky ones that has a bugged Gigabyte board with no real solution to fixing it.

I don't see how is it bugged if it used to work just fine though. WTF.
 
hydrobudz is right...finding a stable oc on my board was quite a time consuming ordeal
 
Back
Top