• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Won't detect sound blaster audigy

Matrix

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
229
I've had my SB audigy 1 and never had any problems untill now, I went to play a game today and got an error saying coulnd't initialize audio device. I checked device manager and the sb is not even listed. I unistalled all creative software and drives and rebooted hoping it would detect new hardware and I could start fresh but nothing. Doesn't even detect I tried to installed the cd that came with it but errors saying could not find create product installed. So I tried another PCI slot and booted up. After 5 minutes in windows, windows detects 'creative audio process' and I installed the drives from the cd. I tried the cd again and it still won't go.

Anyone have any idea how to get this card going again?
 
Try it in another PCI slot (assuming of course you have another one).
 
Mister X said:
Try it in another PCI slot (assuming of course you have another one).
I have, its the same deal. 'Creative audio processor' appears in device manager when it should read SBAudigy
 
Try searching for Ctzapxx.exe in your install folder. If you can't find it.. you might be able to extract it from the driver set using winzip. In the past when I couldn't get the drivers to install because it didn't detect correctly.. I used Ctzapxx.exe to "uninstall" then "reinstall" the WDM drivers. After the install everything detected fine.

I went ahead and downloaded the drivers for you and put them on my server. If you download them.. unzip the file and look in the \DRIVERS folder for the CTZAPXX.EXE file and run it. It will give you the option of either UNINSTALLING WDM drivers or INSTALLING WDM drivers. Run the Uninstall first... reboot.. then run the install.

here ya go. it's about 5.5mb... let us know how it goes.

http://www.thunderpimp.com/download/2K_XP.zip
 
Back
Top