Wonder Woman Official Origin Trailer

Singling people out because they don't have blue eyes and they speak with an accent. Hmmm. You might want to check the if the Trump administration still have a spot open.

How would you even know what an Amazon's English accent sounds like to know that it's "heavy"? This thread is just full of absurd remarks, but that one is particularly befuddling.

I never read or watched anything Wonder Woman before, except some quick views of some cartoon where she was flying an invisible plane. I don't remember much abou it. So...I'm fine with Gal Gadot playing her. If she can make some of the DC universe gain traction, it's all good. So far...Batman is all I can think of that does reasonably well.

Nothing like grown up men arguing about comic books. I get the Jewish angle Ducman brought and think he's right in that they promote their own and teach us "history" all the time which is obnoxious and annoying.

On the other hand, I didn't even know what Wonder Woman was until I opened this thread. All I can say is her outfit is almost as ridiculous as captain amerrica's. Can't believe grown up people care about such things. Eagle bra? GTFO with this bullshit

How would you even know what an Amazon's English accent sounds like to know that it's "heavy"? This thread is just full of absurd remarks, but that one is particularly befuddling.

Don't be silly, Wonder Woman is from the USA, just like Jesus.

Reactions: dgz
like this
Wonder Woman is not Brazilian, she isn't even human.

Wonder Woman was molded out of clay and given life by the Greek Gods, and lives in a nondescript location on a hidden island no one can see, but were originally apparently from Greece. She is however meant to represent Anglo-Saxon ideals, mentally and physically, of an altruistic strong warrior that fights for justice, and was never depicted as looking Greek, and was very much a nationalistic symbol after WW2 meant to essentially be Superman's female counterpart to balance the power between the sexes and be a feminist icon. Superman was an alien too, but was still pretty much as Americana as it gets, protecting "Truth, Justice, and the American Way".

3776179-patriotic_87.jpg

I mean, even her lasso is more cowboy than Greek, and so to rob her of all hints at Americanism like they have done now is really changing what the character is and has always been.

Gal Gadot .... "frail-looking"????

Uh, no.

It would be really fun to see almost anyone on this forum tangle with her hand to hand in real life.
She formally served as a combat TRAINER with the Israeli Defense Forces.

Trainers are common in the military and many people in the military get trained to be "combat trainers." She was a trainer for females. I've known plenty and while many were great at teaching those skills, it didn't mean they could automatically kick ass in an actual brawl. She may very well be great at holding her own against males though.

Anyway, she does look a bit frail but I think she is a good Wonder Woman. She did a good job of it in Batman vs Superman.

Source?

I think its obvious here that Hollywood simply likes to promote their own out of their clique whenever possible, and this was likely simply another Jewish lady that was in the right circle of friends among the directors and casting agents, and she was hot enough so they went with her. Happens all the time, which is why even though the world population that are Jewish is only 0.2%, they make up a very large percent of actors, actresses, and industry leaders.

I agree. It has been like that for a while.

Wonder Woman is not Brazilian, she isn't even human.

Wonder Woman was molded out of clay and given life by the Greek Gods, and lives in a nondescript location on a hidden island no one can see, but were originally apparently from Greece. She is however meant to represent Anglo-Saxon ideals, mentally and physically, of an altruistic strong warrior that fights for justice, and was never depicted as looking Greek, and was very much a nationalistic symbol after WW2 meant to essentially be Superman's female counterpart to balance the power between the sexes and be a feminist icon. Superman was an alien too, but was still pretty much as Americana as it gets, protecting "Truth, Justice, and the American Way".

I mean, even her lasso is more cowboy than Greek, and so to rob her of all hints at Americanism like they have done now is really changing what the character is and has always been.

That was her original origin, the retcon had her being Daughter of Aires and assuming his mantle in that pantheon. Also her political leanings have switched more to representing an outside political view of Amazons first. The "comic book people" writing changes and develops over time to somewhat mirror what's going on in society. They had Superman break Zod's neck in that one movie. Comics no longer feature racist slurs as another example.

So yeah things change.

And the Greeks used rope as a weapon. Lassos are mentioned in ancient Greek literature. A relief from Egypt dating back to 1000+ BC shows the pharaoh holding a lasso.

While a later culture made the item every day famous, I'm sure rope has been in use for a while along with other household items like sticks.

In any case, it could have been worse. Apparently they were considering Emma Watson or Natalie Portman to be Wonder Woman... how much would THAT have sucked, lol!

Regarding who I personally would have put in, I wonder if Charlize Theron is too long in the tooth. Hmmm... she's like 40 already, but ten years ago that would have been a no-brainer IMO for a statuesque embodiment of female power and beauty. Same problem with Jennifer Connelly, perfect 10+ years ago, and Evangeline Lilly from LOST is right on the fence of being too old for the role as well.

Alexandra Dadrio could pull it off if they could pull a Iron Man and make her look a wee bit taller with some appropriate shoes and camera angles.

0c595c36a974fcb49496b0c475738953.jpg

Last edited:
Gina Carano vs Gal Gadot:

Gina Carano is definitely my Wonder Woman...

I loves me some Gina too, but a great actress she ain't. Watch Haywire. I loved the fight scenes but when she speaks it's like...hmmm.

To me Gal Gadot just doesnt do it. Her bikini scene in Fast Five is stuck in my mind forever. She has no body what so ever and looks like her arms and legs could be snapped like twigs. She's the definition of too thin. IMO anyway.

I loves me some Gina too, but a great actress she ain't. Watch Haywire. I loved the fight scenes but when she speaks it's like...hmmm.
I have... Were you not aware that Steven Soderbergh digitally altered her voice in post-production?

To me Gal Gadot just doesnt do it. Her bikini scene in Fast Five is stuck in my mind forever. She has no body what so ever and looks like her arms and legs could be snapped like twigs. She's the definition of too thin. IMO anyway.

I was going to disagree with you. I haven't watched Fast Five, so I Googled the images. I agree with you. That's too thin.

However, in other things I've seen her in, she's just amazingly hot. She can be part of my master race any day. :D

SBBHVT1P.jpg

CnIWBcOUsAAIg1A[1].jpg

Last edited:
I have... Were you not aware that Steven Soderbergh digitally altered her voice in post-production?

I was not aware of that, I had to google it. http://www.slashfilm.com/gina-carano-confirms-voice-altered-haywire/

I don't quite get why he did that, it's not like she has a squeaky preteen voice or anything.

Re: the Gal bikini photos... yeah she looks a little thin there. I like a little meat on the bones and curves. But I wouldn't kick her out of bed, either.

So, you get turned on by refrigerators huh? How's that too thin ffs

She looks like crap, to be quite honest, without makeup you can find hotter just going during rush hour to your grocery store and walking around.

However, that was then, and everyone remember Chris Pratt? Infinite money, a personal trainer, a life coach, a personal chef, and a "guy" for juicing up/enhancing can make a drastic transformation in no time. They can do the same for her, put her on a high protein diet, lots of makeup, hair extensions, and have her work out a ton to put on some muscle.

812014090392.jpg

Back