Wonder Woman Official Origin Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I should be super-hyped about the first live-action Wonder Woman movie, but I’m just sitting here wondering what everyone is excited about. Gal Gadot is one of the worst casting choices I have seen in a while: frail-looking, non-blue eyes, weird facial expressions (I’m acting!), and heavy accent. Funny enough, it seems like the rest of the actresses who play Amazons were forced to talk like her because she wasn’t willing to change it. Meanwhile, Lynda Carter is still pretty MILF-y.

What?! No Wonder Woman theme song?

And I too would pay to see Lynda Carter in the role, hubba hubba.

IGal Gadot is one of the worst casting choices I have seen in a while: frail-looking, non-blue eyes, weird facial expressions (I’m acting!), and heavy accent. F
Aryan master-race much

The comics usually have them as blue because brown is/was v.hard todo, black is moot (pupils) leaving green or blue... g

For some reason I can't stop but think it's going to be similar to the first Captain America movie. I am sure it'll be at least OK for me given what I have seen in 2 trailers.

Aryan master-race much

The comics usually have them as blue because brown is/was v.hard todo, black is moot (pupils) leaving green or blue... g

Another possibility is that the character just has blue eyes.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
She fucked some shit up in that in that embarrassingly horrible Batman V Superman movie. Frail is not a word that come to mind when describing this woman.

Another possibility is that the character just has blue eyes.

http://www.writeups.org/wonder-woman-dc-comics-gail-simone/

Nope....her description is usually listed as blue.....so PhaseNoise is on it....and why the limp "Master Race" accusation? Unnecessary....

So your argument in saying that her not having blue eyes is some sort of total deal breaker with their choice of actress? Would you rather have had them make her wear contacts, which are always blatantly obvious when they are wearing coloring contacts. Or rather they change the color in post-production? If you've watched "Vikings" on History Channel, or any other show, I assure you that it's also not a viable option and obvious as hell. (Heck it bugs me that they've done that on Vikings, with two of the characters...)
That they should've, instead, picked a different actress who would've most likely not been as fitting in every other regard like this one is? Like mdburkey pointed out, she was in the IDF, which isn't anything to scoff at. Nevermind that she was a trainer as well, meaning she had to know her shit! ;)
Accent? In the comics they originated off the coast of Turkey on the island of Themyscira in the Aegean Sea (the fact it's currently, as per animated movies and such, located in Bermuda Triangle is irrelevant since it's where they come from, not where they currently call home). Her being from Israel is but a stones throw (South-East) of that area... I don't know how much more accurate you could possibly get! It's far better than having her be cast as some English speaking North-American lol

Remember, her powers did not stem from her eye color, nor did they come from her accent. I'd say they picked her well!

BTW, here's her theme song, which is much better than the old one IMO lol

So your argument in saying that her not having blue eyes is some sort of total deal breaker with their choice of actress? Would you rather have had them make her wear contacts, which are always blatantly obvious when they are wearing coloring contacts. Or rather they change the color in post-production? If you've watched "Vikings" on History Channel, or any other show, I assure you that it's also not a viable option and obvious as hell. (Heck it bugs me that they've done that on Vikings, with two of the characters...)
That they should've, instead, picked a different actress who would've most likely not been as fitting in every other regard like this one is? Like mdburkey pointed out, she was in the IDF, which isn't anything to scoff at. Nevermind that she was a trainer as well, meaning she had to know her shit! ;)
Accent? In the comics they originated off the coast of Turkey on the island of Themyscira in the Aegean Sea (the fact it's currently, as per animated movies and such, located in Bermuda Triangle is irrelevant since it's where they come from, not where they currently call home). Her being from Israel is but a stones throw (South-East) of that area... I don't know how much more accurate you could possibly get! It's far better than having her be cast as some English speaking North-American lol

Remember, her powers did not stem from her eye color, nor did they come from her accent. I'd say they picked her well!

BTW, here's her theme song, which is much better than the old one IMO lol

For those of us middle-aged dudes who don't give a crap about comic books or aryan conspiracy theories, let me just state this:

Lynda Carter was unholy-lord-save-me smoking hot, and we were all hoping for a 2.0 of that. Thus, we're disappointed.

I couldn't give two shits about a magic lasso or whatever dumb story has her kicking 220 lb guys through a wall.

Lynda Carter was unholy-lord-save-me smoking hot, and we were all hoping for a 2.0 of that. Thus, we're disappointed.
While I'm not yet in my 40s (will only be 34 next month), I guess that's the reason why I'm completely gobsmacked by that last part. I suspect it's the fact that you have aged and no longer are finding women in their early 30's (she's 31) to be "unholy-lord-save-me smoking hot" lol In that they look too young, and perhaps some paternal instinct kicks in (whether you actually have kids, or not), as is sometimes said: "They're young enough to be my child!" :p

I can admit that back then Lynda was hot, so I'm not disputing that at all. Only that Gal Gadot is most certainly nothing to be disappointed over. I personally prefer her slender face compared to Lynda's (bone structure, not implying body weight), but on top of that I find that while Lynda was ~25 at the time, she looked to be at least 30. Whereas Gal looks to only be 27, as apposed to her actual age of 31. However, I suspect a fair bit of that comes down to makeup and hairstyle of the mid-70s.

For the record, I'm not into comics, either. I just knew that the current actress was far more befitting of her role than Lynda was, from a comic-lore perspective. I suspect that if Gal had been the 70's version and Lynda cast in these days (ages withstanding, of course), that there'd be much nerd-rage over Lynda as well.

Aryan master-race much

Source?

The comics likely have them as blue because the character's creator, like most people, simply found blue eyes to be beautiful.

Most white people don't have blue eyes either, its just a very attractive mutation, which is the reason its believed to have happened in the first place. Random mutation occurred which had no practical value, but was sexy, and so perpetuated itself. Would be more common for this reason, except that its a recessive mutation.
Would you rather have had them make her wear contacts, which are always blatantly obvious when they are wearing coloring contacts. Or rather they change the color in post-production?
Wouldn't the really obvious solution here be to pick an actress that looks more like Wonder Woman?

Tall, strong, blue eyes, etc?

I think its obvious here that Hollywood simply likes to promote their own out of their clique whenever possible, and this was likely simply another Jewish lady that was in the right circle of friends among the directors and casting agents, and she was hot enough so they went with her. Happens all the time, which is why even though the world population that are Jewish is only 0.2%, they make up a very large percent of actors, actresses, and industry leaders.

Had they gone outside their circle, yes, they could have found someone that has a stronger build, blue eyes, and speaks English properly, but that's not how things work.

Sadly, they have also downplayed Wonder Woman as a nationalistic icon. Whereas previously Wonder Woman was basically wearing an American flag, there's really no hint of that, they didn't even pick an American actress, and her having a heavy accent is even more evidence of how unAmerican she is.

I prefer what they were originally teasing Wonder Woman would likely look like:
0182512370049c730a4d3e68d0b221d4.jpg

Linda Carter is hot! I had a poster of her when I was young.

Gal Gadot is a pretty bad choice for WW, but that just continues DC's record of bad choices for their superhero movies. After all, this will be Aquaman:

Looks like Aquaman the Barbarian. o_O

While I'm not yet in my 40s (will only be 34 next month), I guess that's the reason why I'm completely gobsmacked by that last part. I suspect it's the fact that you have aged and no longer are finding women in their early 30's (she's 31) to be "unholy-lord-save-me smoking hot" lol In that they look too young, and perhaps some paternal instinct kicks in (whether you actually have kids, or not), as is sometimes said: "They're young enough to be my child!" :p

I can admit that back then Lynda was hot, so I'm not disputing that at all. Only that Gal Gadot is most certainly nothing to be disappointed over. I personally prefer her slender face compared to Lynda's (bone structure, not implying body weight), but on top of that I find that while Lynda was ~25 at the time, she looked to be at least 30. Whereas Gal looks to only be 27, as apposed to her actual age of 31. However, I suspect a fair bit of that comes down to makeup and hairstyle of the mid-70s.

For the record, I'm not into comics, either. I just knew that the current actress was far more befitting of her role than Lynda was, from a comic-lore perspective. I suspect that if Gal had been the 70's version and Lynda cast in these days (ages withstanding, of course), that there'd be much nerd-rage over Lynda as well.
She is pretty but kind of skinny. She filled the A cup size outfit though...

Gal Gadot is a pretty bad choice for WW, but that just continues DC's record of bad choices for their superhero movies. After all, this will be Aquaman:

I think she's a great choice, she communicates in her body motions an edge of combativeness. I could care less about her accent whoever was whining about that.

Love this guy as Aquaman. Aquaman shouldn't look your neighbors twink boyfriend dressed in spandex for Halloween. He was supposed to be a warrior King of an advanced and mythic society. If that makeup on Jason doesn't communicate that, then let's see your rendition. Please.

Neither of these two people are going to win Oscars for their acting ability , but I could care less. I just want the characters portrayed as the badasses they are supposed to be. This is supposed to be a comic book brought to the big screen, not a life changing moment, but 90 minutes of entertainment. I expect that's what I'll get.

I think she's a great choice, she communicates in her body motions an edge of combativeness. I could care less about her accent whoever was whining about that.

Love this guy as Aquaman. Aquaman shouldn't look your neighbors twink boyfriend dressed in spandex for Halloween. He was supposed to be a warrior King of an advanced and mythic society. If that makeup on Jason doesn't communicate that, then let's see your rendition. Please.

Neither of these two people are going to win Oscars for their acting ability , but I could care less. I just want the characters portrayed as the badasses they are supposed to be. This is supposed to be a comic book brought to the big screen, not a life changing moment, but 90 minutes of entertainment. I expect that's what I'll get.
Let me guess, you thought Dawn of Justice was thrilling badass superhero entertainment, too?

not a DC fan for the most part, but Gal Gadot is smoking. I'll check it out.

On the Carano subject, shes hot as shit, no doubt, but she doesnt have the elegance that GG does.

Let me guess, you thought Dawn of Justice was thrilling badass superhero entertainment, too?

Let me guess, you wanted Old Man and The Sea on the big screen and to have a life changing moment in the Imax theater. I was indeed entertained and promptly forgot about it like all superhero movies. But yes, they got 15 bucks or whatever it was. I was happily entertained for two hours of my life by supervillians and superheroes.

Anything else?

It's DC, it has to be dark, and moody... and um... unfunny. Sadly, it makes for a lousy comic book movie to me. :(

Absolutely LOVE that guy! He was awesome in Game of Thrones, perfectly cast. I can't even picture anyone else as Drogo. But I agree, they couldn't have picked a worse Aquaman. Then again, I always thought Aquaman was a dumb character to begin with.
Gina all the way. GG looks like a Ken doll with long hair in comparison.
Gina doesn't have blue eyes either, and she isn't tall and has a rather large waist compared to her hips. Wonder Woman always had a good 70% feminine hip to waist ratio, and you need that to pull off a Wonder Woman type outfit.

http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/si....carano.rare.photos/images/carano-weighin.jpg

Let me guess, you wanted Old Man and The Sea on the big screen and to have a life changing moment in the Imax theater. I was indeed entertained and promptly forgot about it like all superhero movies. But yes, they got 15 bucks or whatever it was. I was happily entertained for two hours of my life by supervillians and superheroes.

Anything else?
Nah, you just confirmed that anything is acceptable as entertainment in your world, so enjoy the next dreadful DC flop.

Back