Witcher 3, New screenshots

Holy shit:eek:

Regardless of those screenshots looking grainy or washed out it puts any heavily modded Skyrim to shame in the graphics department.

Just fyi anybody here who reads books, the Witcher novels are just as good to even better than the game.

Can you get them in English. If so, where? I get lost in the story when I'm playing Witcher so I'm really interested in reading the books. I don't understand a word of Polish.

Can you get them in English. If so, where? I get lost in the story when I'm playing Witcher so I'm really interested in reading the books. I don't understand a word of Polish.

The first 3 books have been translated and has for quite a few years now, the 4th book is still being translated and it's heading for release this year.

Books are quite cheap on ebook/android and novels.

The Last Wish
Blood of Elves
Time of Contempt

Very good books I prefer them over the LOTR and Game of Thrones books for sheer enjoy and awesome sauce.

The first Witcher game takes off slowly but tells the story bit by bit to the player as Geralt recovers bit by bit from his amnesia in the game.

Looks amazing, I can't wait. This will give me an excuse to upgrade from my 670 to the next gen of GPUs :)

Regarding books - there has been 5th Geralt book - "Season of storms" - released in Poland. Quite good read. I'd also recommend the short stories, as they are better IMO than the book - "Last wish" and "Sword of destiny" would be the translated titles.

Based upon the likely release of the game (Fall at the earliest) - there will probably be new hardware from Nvidia and a more potent refresh from ATI hitting around the same time.
The previous two Witcher games seemed like they'd run pretty well on the current hardware, but were beasts in disguise. However one generation card later and you could max 'em out. I bet this one will be similar. I like how they push current hardware, but not so far that it takes years to catch up to what they made.

my o/c'ed 7970 pretty much keeps W2 pegged at 60 fps 1080p everything ultra except uber sampling. I may not have AA maxed either.

My 680 maxes out the Witcher 2 (1080p/60fps) with everything maxed except ubersampling.
That card is only a single generation newer than what was available when the game came out. My 5870 (and later a 570GTS) struggled with it, but the 680 doesn't even break a sweat. I was actually surprised how much of a difference it made.

I think the only settings that will put a hit in performance would be extra individual settings DOF, FXAA and tesselation as examples. The uber sampling setting in W2 made the game look like shit.

I don't know about that, I wont be doing any upgrades until I hear a release date and some spec requirements. CDPro has already said that you will want to upgrade for this game, and thats what they are shooting for.
It's not like anyone here is going to want to play at minimum settings. That's not [H]

I'm jes' sayin'....You will probably want to anyway, after seeing it chug on the old hardware, and how pretty it could be.
If we ever needed a reason to upgrade..... Star Citizen is also coming... It's an investment in the future, a fun one. Make it look good.

I think GTA V would be one of the few titles to really push hardware to the limits assuming it ain't a clusterfuck of a console port it's predecessor was, I'm all in for the ENB modding scene on that game. :D

Sick

UnrealisticComplexGrunion.gif

Nice it's good that it is available on next gen consoles and not the old so it won't be pegged down as a piece of crap on pc. For some reason Geralt resembles Solid Snake from MGS quite a lot in that trailer.

The uber sampling setting in W2 made the game look like shit.

Only if you have AA enabled. Ubersampling already uses Supersampling AA (the reason why it kills the performance), putting a post processing MLAA on top is bad idea. Results in excess blur.

Regarding the noisy screenshots I guess CDProjekt still uses MLAA + Sharpen filter on W3 just like in W2. The game looks amazing none the less. I fear for my brand new GTX770. I thought I could max out games for years to come. :D

I can't wait to play this on 720P maxed out with my Titans! :p

I think it'll run pretty well. TW2 looked amazing and ran fine at 1080P, as long as you didn't turn on ubersampling.

CDProjekt is probably my favorite dev out there, so this will be a day 1 purchase for me. No one else puts such a huge emphasis on fan feedback and supporting the PC crowd. No day 1 DLC BS, microtransactions, or online passes... just excellent, adult-oriented violent RPG fun :D

Actually I take it back with a modded Skyrim looking worse, those screenshots look very similar to Witcher 1 with a bit more sharpened, vibrant and realistic coloured textures. Witcher 2 on the other hand look like it had too much bloom and colours.

Sure the game looks great, but am I alone it that I enjoyed the first witcher but I found the 2nd to be hollow and empty ?... I will hold off on the 3rd.

I think it looks terrific. While the Witcher 2 had great graphics overall, they went bonkers with the bloom and lighting effects. The lighting looked like all of those wack-ass launch 360 titles with bloom so heavy you couldn't even see.

Sure the game looks great, but am I alone it that I enjoyed the first witcher but I found the 2nd to be hollow and empty ?... I will hold off on the 3rd.

The ending was most definitely sub-par, especially compared to the first (which had a great ending compared to even other games). But I did not get that feeling with the rest of the game. Anything in particular that made you feel that way, or you cannot really identify exactly what caused that feeling?

I actually only made it to the swamp part in Witcher 1 before I got distracted in real-life and lost interest after having not played it in a long time. I then played Witcher 2 and was so completely absorbed by it that I went back and played the entirety of Witcher 1 (which was no chore...I was then really into the world and enjoyed it from beginning till end), loaded up my new completed W1 save and replayed Witcher 2 in its entirety. It was the first time I had ever replayed the singleplayer of a PC Game (or any game in over a decade). I did not play anything else in between those three playthroughs lol.

This looks fantastic...but will i need to upgrade from my 780 to be able to max it out? 1920x1080

Neither AC3 or AC4 reminds me of The Witcher. :)

Yeah me either, AC series is just figuring out where you need to attack from, or where to run to. The witcher is preparing for pretty much anything, and making sure you are potioned up to the eyeballs with what you need (so far in Witcher Cat, Blizzard for those more than five enemies situations, and Swallow for when you are getting your arse kicked), and defensive spells at the ready (I'm almost done with act III).

Wonder what the enhanced edition will look like, because this is already looking so good.

Ugh, buy a 780 now, sell it later and upgrade for this game or just wait... Cant wait for it to come out. Looks better than my Skyrim with 4k textures, although it has some lighting issues.

Ha, not sure but I should hope so! I wonder if this game will be the first to exceed the 2 GB of VRAM?

I have a single 670 at 4 GB and I already know I'll just be running this game on "medium" settings.

Not the first, and wont be the last game to gobble up 2gb+ of vRam.

Back