Wireless Xbox Controller for PC $44.99 (discontinued, while it lasts)

Oh, I wanted to add, apparently one receiver will handle multiple controllers.

OOO, been trying to find that wireless receiver for a bit for a friend.

Try your luck at a pawn shop. I got one for $10 at one. It was clean and an official one. Accessories are too expensive these days.

EDIT: Not trying to thread crap. Just passing on info.

I have heard mixed things about the receiver for wireless controllers. It seems a lot of people have issues getting it to sync properly and games to read it or something. I don't know a whole lot of details, since I don't own one myself, but it's something to look into if you're considering it. For a while I was, but settled with a simple wired 360 controller since it works out of the box no problem and is much cheaper.

I have the 360 controller + wireless receiver and never had any syncing issues. I have the receiver plugged into the back of the case (wish the cable was detachable, kind of useless for me).

I've heard of sync issues too, but I've been using one without issues for about 6months, until my receiver totally died.

i got the official one from amazon for $17 shipped. people are buying the wireless pc controllers in bulk and selling the controller and reciever separately on amazon. it was brand new in the plastic and tape, but obviously not boxed since they had to open it to separate it. so far it works amazingly. it took me a few minutes to figure out that you have to press the button on top of the controller to get it to sync with the computer receiver if its already synced with an xbox. since then though it has worked flawlessly for me and i played tomb raider and ghostbusters last weekend with no problems.

it can connect with up to 4 controllers, but from what i understand pc usb connections can be underpowered and not have much range sometimes with this, especially with multiple controllers. i plugged mine into a usb3 port in the hopes that might give it more power. no idea if it actually helps.

I have two of these combo kits and highly recommend it. Both my wife and I have never had any issues.

Never any trouble with a normal 360 contoller and the adapter for me. Nor the wireless headset.

Also, where did you hear that MS was discontinuing the wireless controller?

Got the wireless receiver from amazon for $15 and two wireless controllers on craigslist for $15 each.

I've been using the wireless receiver since 2007(I believe) without any issues, both solo and with multiple controllers.

Had mine for years as well, never had a problem. Never knew they came in black.
Kind of wish they had the black version when I bought mine. Other than my Wii, I don't own any other white plastic electronics :rolleyes:.

I picked up two of these controllers and have no synch issues and works extremely well. I actually used a internal header on my motherboard and placed the receiver hidden within my case. So far it has worked great and haven't lost connectivity. I totally recommend it.

Yeah I haven't heard anything about them discontinuing these

Btw I own one and it works fantastic for games :)

I've had a wireless receiver and wireless controller since about the time GTAIV came out, no issues, even bought a wireless headset for TS and a second one for multiplayer games (wired, for road trips). Only thing is the D-pad is a bit iffy, got use to the analog stick, one of the best designed controllers (and they fixed the D-pad issue with newer ones).

As long as you have the Wireless XBOX receiver for your PC this doesn't matter. The XBOX 360 controllers I use with mine are all regular off the shelf XBOX controllers I also use on my console.

I don't see any official announcement that it has been discontinued, but the lack of inventory of this product online doesn't look good.

Also, I tried to call Microsoft's warranty service to see if I could get my receiver replaced, and they told me the receiver has been discontinued for over a year, and they're only now selling out of their stock of the receiver/controller bundles.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows-Pc/dp/B000HZFCT2
"Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pewuyEm_P0PVU-1qw&sig2=lBaCisUbUp9alfzmvTD9sw
"Please note: This item has been discontinued and we will not bringing in more stock once we are sold through our current inventory."

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't see any official announcement that it has been discontinued, but the lack of inventory of this product online doesn't look good.

Also, I tried to call Microsoft's warranty service to see if I could get my receiver replaced, and they told me the receiver has been discontinued for over a year, and they're only now selling out of their stock of the receiver/controller bundles.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows-Pc/dp/B000HZFCT2
"Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pewuyEm_P0PVU-1qw&sig2=lBaCisUbUp9alfzmvTD9sw
"Please note: This item has been discontinued and we will not bringing in more stock once we are sold through our current inventory."

dang thats lame. i figured it would always be around. i mean why not? theyre a pc company first, console second. anything that combined the two should be a no-brainer. the ONLY reason it would make sense to discontinue is to force people to pay $60 for a console game instead of $5-20 for the PC version by waiting a few months after release. and thats just lame.

bought two of those wireless dongles. both of them died after about a year. I'll stick to wired for pc.

I own a wireless sync receiver for PC (bought it alone via Amazon, it was a rip from a 360 controller package but totally legit) and works perfectly with my 360 wireless controllers and also the xbox 360 wireless racing wheel. No problems whatsoever. Use it with a powered hub, of course.

I know it's been said in here but I was looking at getting a wireless 360 controller for my PC ( I hate cables ) but I read nothing but problems with the receiver and decided to get the wired one. It works perfectly just make sure to unplug it when you are done or games will default to the controller setting!

Unfortunately, those are knockoffs from China

What are yout alking about? It clearly says it's official microsoft branded.

I have one of these and use it with my xbox wireless controller, never had any problems and it works fine.

Much better off buying those cheaper imo.

MS is really shafting the PC gaming community by pulling their support from different products. GFWL (not a big loss but I'd rather not go through xbox.com), DX11 (they're not exactly backing it up fully like they said they would), & now this. There is an exception to the Flight game series since they're bringing back life to it but I'm unsure where that's going either.

What are yout alking about? It clearly says it's official microsoft branded.

I have one of these and use it with my xbox wireless controller, never had any problems and it works fine.

Much better off buying those cheaper imo.
check out the pictures.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...e=UTF8&qid=1323382666&sr=8-1&tag=hardfocom-20

The "Official" pictures of the receiver say "Microsoft" on them.

Then, look at the actual product packaging, it says "XBOX 360" on it. It also says "Compatible" which is code for "knockoff" :p

I'm also just going by what's in the reviews.

If you have a PS3 controller and a compatible USB bluetooth dongle, you can use MotioninJoy to emulate 360 controller for PC games.

check out the pictures.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...e=UTF8&qid=1323382666&sr=8-1&tag=hardfocom-20

Then, look at the actual product packaging, it says "XBOX 360" on it. It also says "Compatible" which is code for "knockoff" :p

Yes, my friend bought one. It came with a blank cd with no drivers and he could never get it to work. I looked into it for him and couldn't find any drivers on there website.

Yes, my friend bought one. It came with a blank cd with no drivers and he could never get it to work. I looked into it for him and couldn't find any drivers on there website.

You don't need a driver for win7. Plug it in and win7 will install the drivers for the receiver. Sync the controller and win7 will install the drivers for the controller.

You don't need a driver for win7. Plug it in and win7 will install the drivers for the receiver. Sync the controller and win7 will install the drivers for the controller.
No ,Its aftermarket and needs its own drivers.

check out the pictures.

There's some confusion here. When I bought mine it was sold by Amazon, and it IS the official microsoft brand, wasn't a knock off.

Looking at the webpage for it on amazon now, it's being sold by another store trhough amazon,w hich is probaly were the knock offs are coming ifrom.

Back