• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wireless PCI found then not?

forkedt

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
399
I just finished setting up my rig and go to install win7 x64. Everything runs smoothly until I get to the wireless card. From install it works perfectly. But after I ran Windows Update now my computer cant find it anymore. :confused:

I went into the device manager and found a misc. PCI card, which I'm assuming is it. But I cant assign the drivers from the driver CD (it says it cant find any one it :eek:), and I've tried assigning drivers to it manual from the list available (Ralink b/c I'm pretty sure thats what Rosewill uses anyways).

Does anyone have any other suggestions before I RMA the card?

In case you need to know it:
i5-2500k
ASRock Extreme 4
1.5 TB Seagate
2 x 4GB Corsair XMS DDR3

Much appreciation in advance for you help fellow [H]'ers,
Forkedt
 
I use a Rosewill card similar to that, and something like that did happen to me only one time though. IDK why, but I just felt like i should reseat the card, so I did. Its been working fine again ever since, so maybe you could try that?

Why would it fix the issue? i don't really know, but what could you lose by doing it right?
 
Back
Top