Wireless internet

Yes, that's what you need. I think a home wireless router like that would support a couple dozen clients at least, so yes, 4 is OK. If your internet comes in the house and doesn't currently hook up to a PC, you could just buy a wireless access point. It would be slightly easier to hook up, but then every computer would need a wireless adapter. That unit would allow you to have your internet plugged into that, then plug up to 4 computers into that with a wire, then provide wireless access to your laptops or other computers with wireless adapters.

How far away are your neighbors?
 
Closer than I'd like. I live in a house that has been split into 3 apts. Mine, one above, and one below.

So would that mean that they could just be getting "free" internet and that's it or would anything they look at show up as me?

I've got cable internet with a switch that gives me 3 active comps and a line to my "toy bench" for when needed. I'm just looking at moveing things around and not running more wires.

how well do the usb adapters work?
 
Closer than I'd like. I live in a house that has been split into 3 apts. Mine, one above, and one below.

So would that mean that they could just be getting "free" internet and that's it or would anything they look at show up as me?

Turn on MAC Address filtering and WPA encryption and you will be fine.
 
Back
Top