• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wireless card stops working after overclock!

Boltaction

Gawd
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
939
My linksys WMP54G v4 can't find my network after I overclock my processor.

AMD Thorton 2000+ 133fsb to
2600+ 166fsb

Im using DDR333 Ram too.

My PCI/AGP bus is the same though (33) before and after ocing. What should I do?
 
whats the point of testing in another computer? The card functions fine when it is not overclocked. I could try another PCI slot, but that doesn't sound like the culprit. IRQ's are not being shared. I will try it and update you in 5 min.
 
Sounds like you need a board with a lockable PCI/AGP bus like the NF7-S. I had a similar problem trying to overclock a Barton on an MSI KT3 Ultra.
 
Overclocking with multipliers works wonders. But i see u don't have a mobile 2600 so urs is locked i think! =/
 
yes its locked to heck. Funny thing is my PCI bus is the same speed, overclocked or not.
 
Back
Top