Wireless Adapters: USB vs PCI

Uppercut

Weaksauce
I picked up an Alfa AWUS036H wireless usb adapter from Data-Alliance recently based on the rave reviews and 500mw of output power and while it does provide a great signal, it unfortunately disconnects from the downstairs wireless router every couple of hours and it's driving me bonkers. I have 2 laptops sitting on my desk also using the wireless at any given moment and that may or may not be the source of my troubles. The laptops do not conflict with one another however and the Alfa adapter is kept far away from both but it's still unstable for some reason.

Which leads me to my question. Would a PCI based wireless adapter provide a more stable connection over a USB based adapter or is it just random?

Which leads me to my question. Would a PCI based wireless adapter provide a more stable connection over a USB based adapter or is it just random?

Random. I've had both PCI and USB adapters who provided stable as well as unstable connections.

The Alfa you have is the cream of the crop ... you sure it's not the router that's at fault?

Back