Wireless Adapter Recomendation Needed

Da_Bomb

n00b
Hello, currently I run a wired connection at my house, but when I go to my buddies we all end up using wireless. There is usually 4 of us there every week and i am getting sick of having to drag my old Microsoft branded Xbox wireless adapter. I hate moving it around all the time, and i want to find something easier.

My friends either have built in wireless (Asus mobo, dell laptop card) or use a linksys usb adapter. I would like an internal card that works well, has an attached antenna (no screw ons that have a cord to a antenna that is physically separated from the computer). I use a fragbox 2 case which has a lip above the pci brackets, so the antenna has to have some clearance. I can find pictures if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Both of us use WRT54G ( I have v5 not sure on his version). I want to be able to have a reliable connection, and something i can disable when I'm at home. Can anyone recommend me a product. Thanks for doing this in advance ;). If you could link me to the product page or a site where i can purchase it, that would be nice to :D

Brain fart. I for some reason wasn't thinking very well, all pci brackets have that lip. Its just that on most computer cases they sit flush with the back, and the ports would then be "sunk" into the case. That was a mistake sorry for any confusion :rolleyes:.

If you have a Fry's nearby, watch out for a $10 wireless PCI adapter that they have from time to time. It's working pretty well for me.

Nah, unfortunately there are no Fry's in Michigan. Thanks for the reply though, any chance you know the make/model of the device, or anyone else have a suggestion?

Back