• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Winows Boot Manager issue when deploy Windows 7 image

loss4words

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
107
Hi everyone. Here's an issue I ran into and I don't know how to fix it:

I performed a clean install of Windows 7, sysprepped, and captured the image with Imagex utility. When I deploy the image using the same imagex utility everything seems to work fine. However, when I upload this created image to our Ghost server and try to deploy it to a workstation I get an error message with status "0xc000000e" saying that windows failed to start. I found the workaround in changing BCDEDIT entries using the following commands:

bcdedit /set {default} device partition=c:
bcdedit /set {default} osdevice partition=c:
bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=c:

However, when I upload the image to Ghost and deploy it the bcdedit table resets itself and I get the same error message. I hope this makes some sense :)

Can anybody please help?
 
How is Ghost deploying a WIM image? I didnt know it could deploy that WIM image, thought only imagex could?
 
I created a wim image first, and then tried to upload existing wim image to a Ghost server by creating a new image (win7.gho for example).
 
Back
Top