Windows takes forever to boot! Hardware issue?

t0x1k

Gawd
You know I really thought a new computer and a faster hard drive and a fresh install was the answer but nope, it's still as slow as my AMD K6, hell even that boots faster!

I'd say it takes about 8-12 bar passes to load, but once it's loaded its all bloop, bloop, beep, welcome you've got mail, YAY! All in a couple seconds.

Just recently I disconnected my dvd-rw to hook up my old ide hard drive to copy my documents over and windows loaded in less than 5 seconds?! HUUUGH!? Explain that? is it maybe because my dvd-rw is on the primary IDE channel and it's confused looking between the Sata and IDE channel? I dunno.

I'm confused! My computer's completely stable, memory passed 11 hours of memtest86+, prim95 stable.

1999 Plymouth Breezes are known to take a long time to get Windows to come up. If your Plymouth Breeze has a master/slave jumper try both the master and the CS (cable select) settings and see if it makes a difference. Try setting it to slave and put it on the other conector.
If nothing works, try turning the window crank faster or push the button harder. .

good luck, If I had more detailed infomation as to what options were installed in your 1999 Plymouth Breeze I could have helped more.

I really didn't see how specs would help much in this situation.

Asus P5ne-sli
Core 2 duo E6300
WD Caviar 250gb Sata 3.0gbs
Lite-on dvd-rw
evga 8800gts 640mb

Uninstall nVidia's IDE drivers and use the default ones that come with Windows.

You may be able to uninstall just the IDE drivers through the nForce wizard thing in Add/Remove Programs. If not, uninstall your mobo drivers and reinstall, but do not install the IDE drivers when it prompts.

Back