Windows RDP error 0x112F on trying to connect to gpu mining rig?

markm75

Gawd
I have an asus z170a board, with onboard video and then 5 gpu's attached with risers.

When I try to rdp to the machine i get that error, usually you can click ok then retry RDP and its fine.

I think its getting confused on connecting regarding the onboard vs gpus. I have a dvi cable going into one of the cards instead of the onboard port (I think i had an issue, and one that had me forced to let the onboard stay enabled as well).

Has anyone ran into this with Windows 10?

Thanks in advance

I get results that mention "out of memory" when I search "rdp error 112f", GPU memory, I think, specifically.

Is your onboard mining, too? Have the bios/fw configured to use onboard first?

I get results that mention "out of memory" when I search "rdp error 112f", GPU memory, I think, specifically.

Is your onboard mining, too? Have the bios/fw configured to use onboard first?
Im not mining with onboard, i did see that on out of memory, not sure. I think the bios was set to integrated first, i had to set it this way for some reason.

I noticed after this error i get eventid 10111 The device Microsoft Remote Display Adapter (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

I noticed after this error i get eventid 10111 The device Microsoft Remote Display Adapter (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.
Probably killed the driver to make room in memory? Or the driver encountered an oom condition and crashed.

Edit: dunno why it would if it's not being used for mining, though

Do not use RDP when mining, use team viewer or similar.

RDP uses GPU resources and slows mining, team viewer does not. Might be why you are getting that error too.

Do not use RDP when mining, use team viewer or similar.

RDP uses GPU resources and slows mining, team viewer does not. Might be why you are getting that error too.
noted (i also have teamviewer and radmin) , however i have two other regular machines mining, never ran into the issue.

In fact now i disabled the onboard video and i get the same error at random.

Back