Windows not syncing password updates

peppergomez

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 15, 2011
Messages
3,490
I'm having an issue with windows 11 pro rejecting my password. I know I'm entering the correct password but Windows rejects it at log in. I updated it last week because of this, on the Microsoft site for account updates. It confirmed my password was updated , but windows is also rejecting this updated password. I can log into windows using my pin but I'm going to need windows to accept my password bc I need to run the display driver uninstall application to remove duplicate GPU drivers, and need to do this in safe mode. According to the Skytech tech, I will need my to enter my Windows password, not my PIN.

I am not sure how to proceed. I have no idea why windows is not syncing my password updates. My Windows install is legit.
 
use netplwiz (run>netplwiz) to set your password as whatever you changed it to, it should accept the pin to do so. thats how i have to do it as i have it set to auto-login.
 
Disable your network connections and try to login next time it freaks out, and then re-enable your network connection after you get in. Windows 11 is a big piece of s***.
 
Same thing happened to my dad I had to format his PC two days ago. He's using Windows 11 home. He got kicked out using it 3 or more times. I even tried messing with Dos prompts and messing with registry toggles to bypass it nothing worked.
 
Back
Top