Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

Got my 32-bit and 64-bit copies of Vista Ultimate today (I live in FL). Nice of them to send both versions. I only have 1 PC running the feedback program.

When you mean 'fix', what are you referring to?
If you don't like the UI design (since it's really not all that different from XP in most ways), then nothing's broken, you just don't like the way it looks. And after all, you can set it to look like XP or even 98/2000 if you want to...

So you think you can get Vista's Windows Explorer to look anything like XP's? I know all about the 'classic view.' Only issue is, it does not make it look anywhere close to XPs UI. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, the UI is drawn a lot slower for whatever reason. My computer is by no means slow (see sig), and I was experiencing just slight lag on simple 2D rendering. Installed all the proper drivers for chipset, sound card, video card, and nothing made it seem anywhere close to xp 64-bit. My frame rate was also considerably worse in vista as well.

I would be pissed, if this was not free - as it wasted 3 hours of my life and a trip to best buy for a x-fi xtremegamer card since my m-audio rev. 5.1 does not support vista 64-bit yet.

:confused:

I recently changed my address. Vista is being sent to my old address so I will give USPS a week to forward it to the right address before I get ansy.

They arrived May 2nd. 2 serials. I'm happy with how things turned out. I'll just sit on these serials until my PC-DL motherboard dies, and I'm forced to upgrade. Now to win that $5k!

So you think you can get Vista's Windows Explorer to look anything like XP's? I know all about the 'classic view.' Only issue is, it does not make it look anywhere close to XPs UI. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, the UI is drawn a lot slower for whatever reason. My computer is by no means slow (see sig), and I was experiencing just slight lag on simple 2D rendering. Installed all the proper drivers for chipset, sound card, video card, and nothing made it seem anywhere close to xp 64-bit. My frame rate was also considerably worse in vista as well.

I would be pissed, if this was not free - as it wasted 3 hours of my life and a trip to best buy for a x-fi xtremegamer card since my m-audio rev. 5.1 does not support vista 64-bit yet.

you do know that Vista's UI isn't 2D rendered right?

And if you hated it so much why in the hell would you go buy a shitty sound card to continue using it?

I don't know if anyone asked this yet but even with the "Not for resale." sign on the DVD, has anyone tried to sell it yet?

Edit: I actually see a couple of these on Ebay, hehe. I'll see how much these guys gets for it.

I don't know if anyone asked this yet but even with the "Not for resale." sign on the DVD, has anyone tried to sell it yet?

Edit: I actually see a couple of these on Ebay, hehe. I'll see how much these guys gets for it.

as stated before you should not sell these to anyone, and eBay will be watching for these copies. also you shouldn't even try to sell them on these forums for profit as they are being watched by the mods.

SOmething is wrong, and I don't think it's your OS. Your system is very similar to mine (Basically a 2 core AMD version of mine) and I have absolutely no slowdowns at all.

as stated before you should not sell these to anyone, and eBay will be watching for these copies. also you shouldn't even try to sell them on these forums for profit as they are being watched by the mods.

The forums is one thing; they'll get pulled down quickly.

However, I see sooooooo many copies on eBay. I'm sure a few will slip through eBay's filter; anything to make a quick buck, huh?

The forums is one thing; they'll get pulled down quickly.

However, I see sooooooo many copies on eBay. I'm sure a few will slip through eBay's filter; anything to make a quick buck, huh?

Makes me wish that M$ could keep a database of the COA's given in free promotions, and issue an invoice for full retail value if anyone other than intended recipient attempts to activate... :eek:

Now, before we hear a hundred reasons why M$ can't or won't or shouldn't... please, it's just my opinion, nothing more. My petty desire to see a crack down on blatant violators.

Got mine near Boston on 5/2

Funky install issues(x64), but fixed those with a repair to the bootloader.

Makes me wish that M$ could keep a database of the COA's given in free promotions, and issue an invoice for full retail value if anyone other than intended recipient attempts to activate... :eek:

Now, before we hear a hundred reasons why M$ can't or won't or shouldn't... please, it's just my opinion, nothing more. My petty desire to see a crack down on blatant violators.

What's the difference between MS giving us a $289 product or $289? Either way we have something more than what we had before. Does MS give a shit if we use the product or someone else does? Hell no, they just did this to get the product out into the open in more peoples hands. If it gets sold to some other person or used by the original recipient the product is still being used and MS is getting what they wanted out of it.

Know what burns me most? It's not the EULA violations. It's the total disrespect.

There were SO many [H]'ers that got cutoff from this deal early, due to available stock... and yet y'all have the nerve to flaunt the fact that you only got your copies to "make a quick buck"? Nice. :mad:

Know what burns me most? It's not the EULA violations. It's the total disrespect.

There were SO many [H]'ers that got cutoff from this deal early, due to available stock... and yet y'all have the nerve to flaunt the fact that you only got your copies to "make a quick buck"? Nice. :mad:

And what's the difference between someone trying to make a quick buck on a product they didn't need and someone trying to save a quick buck on a product they didn't want to pay for?

When you signed up for the program you agreed to its terms which included the 'not for resale' clause.

Hey does anyone know if Visio is a seperate product, not included in the Office Ultimate Pack? I thought for some reason it was part of the Ultimate pack but I could not find it on my install?

Visio and Project are separate products from the Office Suite. Always have been, prolly always will be.

BTW, was :) to find mine in mailbox Sat. (in NH). Immediately went to play.

I think I was dumbfounded at the fact that SP1 takes longer to install than actual Vista. ???

When you signed up for the program you agreed to its terms which included the 'not for resale' clause.

I just browsed the terms available on the WFP site and there's no mention of the gift software, much less anything stating that we can't sell it.

Note: I'm merely playing devil's advcate here. I don't plan to sell either of my Vista copies, although I have little use for them at this time.

I just browsed the terms available on the WFP site and there's no mention of the gift software, much less anything stating that we can't sell it.

Note: I'm merely playing devil's advcate here. I don't plan to sell either of my Vista copies, although I have little use for them at this time.

You mean other than the NOT FOR RESALE clearly printed on the DVD itself?

There is a flood of this stuff on Craig's list.

So the smart thing would be to by the 32bit disk for the 64bit license from MSoft, as they are delivering those as SP1 integrated already? Or vis versa?

Ok thats what I thought but didnt know if the "Ultimate" version might have it included... also doesnt seem to have Outlook 2007 according to their product breakdown sheet, guess I will have to install my old version?!?!

I haven't looked, but Outlook was always part of Office. I doubt it would be removed from Office "Ultimate".

Still dont have mine in NorCal, does it ship from MS?, I knew I should'nt have had it shipped to work.

i haven't as of 5/4 i sent an e-mail to wfp

I just received mine today, 5/5 in south jersey, yea i know im late... I'd say it's possible for it to be a little more delayed. by the end of the week would be too long.

You mean other than the NOT FOR RESALE clearly printed on the DVD itself?

i think that sign "NOT FOR RESALE" is for retailer not for individual john doe who's trying to sell it on e-bay. but hey i might be wrong.. and i'm keeping mine, actually i already installed it.:D

a little later than expected, but heck, who cares? it's a welcome update from xp pro for me,
and a VERY welcome update from vista home premium for the wife.

The agreement says something about you doing them a service in return for a product of some kind, the language does not matter. That is the 1st sale: service for XXXX. Or specifically, you running the wfp app for their software offer. Thus, you have been 'sold' it once, and cannot send it again.

Argue it all you want, the fact is, it wouldn't be an issue with the mods, ebay etc. if it was legit.

The agreement says something about you doing them a service in return for a product of some kind, the language does not matter. That is the 1st sale: service for XXXX. Or specifically, you running the wfp app for their software offer. Thus, you have been 'sold' it once, and cannot send it again.

Argue it all you want, the fact is, it wouldn't be an issue with the mods, ebay etc. if it was legit.

You might want to read up a little bit.

The first-sale doctrine is a limitation on copyright that was recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1908 and subsequently codified in the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 109. The doctrine allows the purchaser to transfer (i.e., sell or give away) a particular lawfully made copy of the copyrighted work without permission once it has been obtained. That means that a copyright holder's rights to control the change of ownership of a particular copy end, once that copy is sold, as long as no additional copies are made. This doctrine is also referred to as the "first sale rule" or "exhaustion rule".

In the early 1900, first sale meant only the first entity it was sold to could re-sell it. In the 1970's the wording was changed to allow any owner whether it's the first or fiftieth to re-sell the goods as long as they don't make copies to keep or sell.

hooray, got my copies at work today, here's hoping there's more at home!

You might want to read up a little bit.

In the early 1900, first sale meant only the first entity it was sold to could re-sell it. In the 1970's the wording was changed to allow any owner whether it's the first or fiftieth to re-sell the goods as long as they don't make copies to keep or sell.

MS (and most software companies) exploit a loophole though. They aren't selling you a copy of the work, they are selling you a license to use the work. They can legally place ANY limitation they want on the license, including the no resale clause.

The morality or longevity of this loophole is irrelevant; this is the way things stand today. I personally believe that the loophole will be eliminated eventually, but software companies don't pursue litigation of offenders often enough for there to have been a precedent setting case yet, AFAIK.

Back