Windows Experience Index

P£P§!™

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
440
Hey I keep looking at this thing on my computer and it rates my components in my computer and i was wondering what scores you guys are getting because i was at 5.2 yesterday because of my cpu but i just oc'ed it to 2.9ghz so i now have i 5.6....so post ratings so i can see where you guys are at on the scale....
P.S. my main drive is a 120 so it gives me a low rating... :(

pip.jpg
 
my score went from 5.5 (lowest score was ram even though i have 4gb's, plenty to run vista) to 5.9 by just overclocking cpu. i'm guessing the OC allowed the ram to be in closer ratio of the fsb.
 
Right now, 5.9 is the highest score that any single component could earn on the Windows Experience scale. It was designed that way in anticipation of newer, better components in the future.
 
Right now, 5.9 is the highest score that any single component could earn on the Windows Experience scale. It was designed that way in anticipation of newer, better components in the future.

wow, i didnt know that...i thought my stuff was weak...they should have just made an update for it when new things come out
 
Mine used to be all 5.9 except RAM, at 5.6, at stock settings. When I overclocked the CPU/FSB, the RAM score went up to 5.9 too - it must be at least in part a measure of FSB speed.
 
Mine used to be all 5.9 except RAM, at 5.6, at stock settings. When I overclocked the CPU/FSB, the RAM score went up to 5.9 too - it must be at least in part a measure of FSB speed.

What ram do you have because i have 4gb and it was at 5.9 at stock( i have 2x1gb of crucial ballistix tracer and 2x1gb of pqi)
 
P£P§!™;1032477927 said:
wow, i didnt know that...i thought my stuff was weak...they should have just made an update for it when new things come out

MS must've determined that the new hardware being released this year did not warrant an update to the scoring, something that I happen to agree with. Current hardware isn't all that much faster than the hardware released last year. So really no point in adjusting the scales so soon.
 
Overclocked the cpu and i have a 5.7 and again at stock its a 5.2.. so big difference, does anyone know what speed you need for a 5.9?
 
I couldn't get my e6600 to give me a 5.9. I got a 5.8 at 3.3ghz. Quads hit it easier than duos. On my e8400 I think I was at 5.8 at 3.6ghz. I'm running at 4.140 now and its full 5.9. 8800gtx. 4gb of Geil at 920mhz. 150 raptor also. Sorry this is short. At work on blackberry.
 
I couldn't get my e6600 to give me a 5.9. I got a 5.8 at 3.3ghz. Quads hit it easier than duos. On my e8400 I think I was at 5.8 at 3.6ghz. I'm running at 4.140 now and its full 5.9. 8800gtx. 4gb of Geil at 920mhz. 150 raptor also. Sorry this is short. At work on blackberry.

I guess i will never hit anything higher than 5.7 because i dont think i can push it higher without failing but i am going to try and i will post results after my try
 
You have to keep in mind that anything above a 5.0 on the WEI is considered "top of the line." I wouldn't worry about getting that final 0.1-0.2 if I were you.
 
Update...yea i just pushed to 3.2 so i guess thats it for my ocing because if i go higher im gonna need more cooling

32ghz.jpg
 
What exactly is WEI good for? Am I ignorant? Do Microsoft games like Halo have a WEI now? like the game says WEI 3.7 min require, 4.9 recommended?
 
P£P§!™;1032479177 said:
What ram do you have because i have 4gb and it was at 5.9 at stock( i have 2x1gb of crucial ballistix tracer and 2x1gb of pqi)

2x2GB DDR2-800, OCZ Gold series. Your RAM is probably faster, what with being Ballistix etc., and has better timings as it's 4x1GB = higher bandwidth than mine. Also, my CPU (Q6600) has 1066MHz FSB on stock; yours might be 1333MHz?
 
2x2GB DDR2-800, OCZ Gold series. Your RAM is probably faster, what with being Ballistix etc., and has better timings as it's 4x1GB = higher bandwidth than mine. Also, my CPU (Q6600) has 1066MHz FSB on stock; yours might be 1333MHz?

ohh yeah i didnt know what cpu you had... and ballisitx is the best :D
 
Back
Top