windows experience index for vista 64bit

perhaps it has something to do with your FSB speed or memory timings? Not sure. Probably need some more information...

wondering why my hard drive and memory score aren't 5.9 (5.6 and 5.7 respectively)

this is my memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820231122

and hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136073
(i have multiple drives so the total space is more than 500gb)

both these score were 5.9 with my old PC running xp

Not to be a prick but does it really matter? The WEI is really just for the general public to go by when buying software. "My computer is a 4.0, this software needs a 3.0 I'm good to go" type of deal.

Don't feel bad my main desktop only gets a 5.8 on memory too. . . I have 8GB. . .

DDR2-800 CL5 on a stock-clocked Q6600 generally does come out at 5.6. I found my score went up to 5.9 when I overclocked the CPU, suggesting the FSB was the limiting factor for that test. But not a big deal either way, of course.

Hmmm...that's odd. I can get 9.9 for each category on my main system below. ;)

The should update it to a 10-scale... from the release of Vista, every desktop I've had hits 5.9.

When I was running an AthlonX2 @ 2.9 GHz everything would hit 5.9 except CPU (5.4). Also when I used the 500GB Samsung drive as Primary instead of the 640GB WD, the harddrive would only score 5.7.

With the Phenom 9650 @ 2.3 GHz I get 5.9 in everything. They definitely need to update the system soon. Games like Warhead really need more than 5.9 "Recommended" to run well.

Ouch. I get a 5.7 score for my old Seagate 250 gig 7200.10 drive.

Hard drive: 5.7
[email protected]: 5.4
1 gig Corsair DDR2 RAM: 3.9
Onboard ATI x1250 graphics: 3.5 Desktop performance and 3.0 Gaming performance.

I find your hard drive score a little disturbing. While this Seagate drive was nice and snappy almost two years ago, the 320 gig Seagate 7200.10 I also have is noticeably quicker as well as the 2 Seagate 500 gig 7200.11 drives as well as my WD 640 gig AAKS drive.

Sure, the difference between our hard drive performance isn't big but, your drive should be faster than mine. I'm wondering if yours had some acoustic management stuff set which is decreasing the drive's performance in order to make the drive quieter. I always make sure to disable anything like that as soon as I get a drive.

Back