Windows Doesn't Exist?

JeffB

Limp Gawd
Everytime I boot up my computer, it will say

Boot From CD:
Boot From CD:
Boot From CD:

And then tell me to Insert the System Disc and press enter.
Once I do this with my WinXP Pro disc and hit repair. It says that my hard drives arent even there.

I have two striped arrays of Caviar SEs and Raptors.
I'd really like to do this without a reformat.

JeffB

Do your harddrives show up in your BIOS? If you go to your RAID configuration utility, does it show the array as still there and good?

Check the boot order to make sure it's set to boot off the harddrives?

When I start up my computer before the error messeges it says their there. It gives me the names as well.

Sounds like you need to whip out the manual and double check the BIOS settings for booting from RAID. Sounds like your BIOS settings got wacked.

hulksterjoe said:
you managed to get this up and running and you needed to ask which manual. :eek:

Its not that stupid of a question, expecially if he is using a raid card and not onboard raid. Raid card = seperate manual. Some mothboards with raid also have seperate RAID manuals. I know alot of Gigabyte motherboards with RAID have seperate manuals, my 7NNXP came with an 80+ manual just on raid. If this is the case, its a very legitimate quesition to ask which manual, RAID card manual or motherboard manual.

Viper87227 said:
Its not that stupid of a question, expecially if he is using a raid card and not onboard raid. Raid card = seperate manual. Some mothboards with raid also have seperate RAID manuals. I know alot of Gigabyte motherboards with RAID have seperate manuals, my 7NNXP came with an 80+ manual just on raid. If this is the case, its a very legitimate quesition to ask which manual, RAID card manual or motherboard manual.

Point taken.. 80+ page manual, was it all in english? ..or was it all typed like this

And by the way, I'm running an Abit IC7-MAX3.

Looking for my manual now.

Back