windows Defender & shadow copy

apple2gs

Mr. No-Photon
All of a sudden windows defender is reporting that my shadow copy volumes contain a virus, however, the backed up files are excluded from windows defender and are not malware. Is their a way to get windows to stop scanning shadows copy locations or add an exemption?

Thanks for the reply. The files in question are already in the exclusion's list, however, when windows creates a restore point it then flags the shadow copy volume as containing a virus. Unfortunately, windows does not seem to allow me to add an exclusion for shadow copied volumes. Does anyone know how to get windows to exclude whole folders from being backed up by windows?

Thanks for the reply. The files in question are already in the exclusion's list, however, when windows creates a restore point it then flags the shadow copy volume as containing a virus. Unfortunately, windows does not seem to allow me to add an exclusion for shadow copied volumes. Does anyone know how to get windows to exclude whole folders from being backed up by windows?
Are you sure it doesn't contain a virus?

Back