• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows can't install on my first RAID array :(

Decker87

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
415
So I recently decided I wanted to reformat my main computer and put my two 250G disks into a mirrored raid setup. I have a shitty Foxconn motherboard, but I seem to have gotten through the RAID setup fine. I did specify in the BIOS that I wanted both disks to be in a mirrored RAID setup.

I even get a message saying "RAID array detected" during the POST. The trouble I have from this point is that when I try to install windows, windows doesn't detect any disks at all, so the setup stops. It just shows "Unknown Device - No Disk Detected" four times on the screen where you normally select which drive to format and install to.

So, how do I fix this? Has anybody else experienced this? Note: I don't have a floppy drive!
 
Since you didnt specify an actual OS version, if you're installing Vista you can use a USB key otherwise to spend 5 bucks and buy a floppy drive. :p
 
I've slipstreamed the drivers into a windows XP disc, which is a process I've done before. I get this message:

The file nvatabus.sys is corrupt. Press any key to restart.

And I can't continue installing windows. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I am using the drivers provided by foxconn.
 
Back
Top