Windows 8 Complaints App Removed from Windows Store

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft has had a change of heart concerning complaints directed back at Microsoft concerning Windows 8. Several weeks ago Microsoft granted permission for the Complaint App to be included in the Windows Store for download. The App has been removed without explanation.

Well, it seems that something has changed since then, because today we noticed that the Windows 8 Complaints app was no longer available for download from the Windows Store.

I like the photo they have in the article.

How do I shut this down?
It's like AOL circa 2001.
You can't close apps?
There's are no apps?

They probably bought their way out of the issue.

One question they should add when do they expect Surface RT & Windows Phone to get Zuned?

The question is, though: has it also been pulled from users' machines?

If so, that would set a new record for the earliest use of an app store kill switch.

"y u no have start button"
looks like the trolls found new land :D

Inb4 koolaid boy swoops in with "this was the right thing to do because tablets tablets tablets tablets tablets wacom pen tablets tablets tablets"

Inb4 koolaid boy swoops in with "this was the right thing to do because tablets tablets tablets tablets tablets wacom pen tablets tablets tablets"

kool-aid-man.jpg

Seriously though MS is going to continue to get massive pushback and they'll have to realize if they want to out-apple Apple then they'll have to out-evil Apple, which is quite an undertaking. Unlike Apple sheep that drip to their knees on command, Windows users have a tolerance limit to nonsense that MS has walked right up to the edge of with their delusions of 30% app tax apple grandeur

These brain surgeons wouldve been better off leaving the complaint app in there to to exist in obscurity than pulling it and announcing its existence to the world. In effect its a validation and mission accomplished for the app. The chorus of complaints isn't going away with mere gestappo tactic app pulls.

I understand that MS wanted a unified OS for phones, tablets, ultrabooks, laptops, and desktops which if fine and dandy and all, but I really wish MS would have perpetuated Win7 as Win8 and offered what is now Win8 as Windows Unity or Windows One...or something to differentiate it. Would have been nice to see two different products this round.

^ And this posted while I was loading Win7 back on to my laptop. At least I gave Win8 a chance...

I understand that MS wanted a unified OS for phones, tablets, ultrabooks, laptops, and desktops which if fine and dandy and all, but I really wish MS would have perpetuated Win7 as Win8 and offered what is now Win8 as Windows Unity or Windows One...or something to differentiate it. Would have been nice to see two different products this round.

They gave you 2 products wrapped in one shitty package instead!

I simply used "Classic Start Menu" on my windows 8 and others that used the os. And everyone was pretty much happy with Windows 8 then. I used windows 8 for a while before adding this. It wasn't hard to get around, it was just different. Most people don't like having to relearn a os after they gotten use to windows 7. With this free app it fixes all the issues where people was happy how windows 7 looked and worked.

I love not having to download 300+ updates after I rerun a os. It makes it a lot easier in my book. I know most don't feel this way about windows 8 though. Hopefully they will try this app and have a different opinion though. If you don't like it, I'm fine with that also. Thanks

I was reading some of the comments from that app, oooooh boy there was about 98% retarded responces and 2% with any kind of point.

Honestly I think most of them was "how do I shut it down?!"

power button?

Think of the volume of responses Microsoft would have had to deal with if they had a complaint app for Windows Vista. :eek:

Ok I'll sayit. I like Windows 8. I dont use that metro/UI or what ever its called. But I love the fast boot. :cool:

Now no one is complaining or talking about windows 8 in here now. We love internet fights, so keep it going.

News @ 2:49, Windows 8 internet forum post leads to two people fighting on the internet. Stay tuned for more action packed fighting. Thanks

I hate to say I told you so but, well, I told you so.

The app store has nothing to do with security and has everything to do with censorship and control.

Windows 8 takes time to grow on you, but I don't really have any complaints about it...other than missing the start menu on the toolbar so I can quickly launch things. Its kind of a pain to open the "start menu" and navigate to things sometiimes.

Also, Plex Media server seems to hate my copy of Win8. I keep getting IQRL_Not_Les_or_Equal BSODs

I hate to say I told you so but, well, I told you so.

The app store has nothing to do with security and has everything to do with censorship and control.

In this case it appears that censorship had nothing to do with it, unless pulling your own app is censorship:

Windows 8 Complaints app creator speaks, says he pulled his app http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-complaints-app-creator-speaks-says-he-pulled-his-app

I'm sure there will be the conspiracy theories that will allege he was paid off by Microsoft, however if Microsoft didn't pull it anyone else could simply publish a similar app and see what happens. That actually might be an interesting opportunity.

Lul you really think he's the app's creator just because he typed words into a comments section

Also the fact neowin.net is the only one who cared to make a random app no longer being listed in the store as news based off the fact they made notice of it some time earlier with implications that microsoft did it to get page views. I suppose they win.

This is why I don't like the idea of an "app store" that is governed by a sole company. That company has control over what goes up and not, and is biased given its one company. Of course they wont allow things that arn't in their favor.

From what I heard they also don't allow Firefox or any alternative browsers in there either. Though I'm not sure if it affects the actual OS part, think it's just Metro.

Yet another delicious Windows 8 thread for us to devour!
MWAHAHAHA!!!! :D

As for the the complaints app being removed, wow Microsoft, you just do what you want to and don't listen to your loyal customers.
Once again, Microsoft is becoming more and more like Apple, yet without the massive audience of iTools to buy into their bullshit.

Unfortunately for them, Microsoft's audience aren't a bunch of iCultists and actually remember the days when MS listened to their customers.

Yet another delicious Windows 8 thread for us to devour!
MWAHAHAHA!!!! :D

As for the the complaints app being removed, wow Microsoft, you just do what you want to and don't listen to your loyal customers.
Once again, Microsoft is becoming more and more like Apple, yet without the massive audience of iTools to buy into their bullshit.

Unfortunately for them, Microsoft's audience aren't a bunch of iCultists and actually remember the days when MS listened to their customers.

The developer said his decision to pull the app had nothing to do with Microsoft and everything to do with the fact the the app didn't turn out as he/she wanted it to.

The developer said his decision to pull the app had nothing to do with Microsoft and everything to do with the fact the the app didn't turn out as he/she wanted it to.
Shh i think neowin already win no need to direct more traffic to them off an article they decided to print. Because they saw a random complaint app in a store go away it clearly must have been from microsoft pulling strings, before we confirm any of this lets just post an article posing that question and get links to our site.
http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-complaints-app-creator-speaks-says-he-pulled-his-app
Then they get probably a troll who knows how to doctor up a thing or two but good enough to make a second, i probably shouldn't even bother to call them articles it's insulting to the word. Commentaries in order to troll in some more site visits.

I have Windows 8 on one of my machines, and I hate it.

Aside from having the stupidest name out there, the "charms" bar does not always appear when you move your mouse to the right side of the screen. And I am tired of googling windows hot keys get to Settings Panel/Desktop/PrintScreen.

Windows 7 was their best OS to date, and as an upgrade, Windows 8 does not bring much to the non-touch surface PC, but it removes a lot of functionality.

After using Windows 8 for a couple hours, I wish I had bought another copy of 7. Thank God for Start8. Best download for Windows 8 that I have seen so far.

Microsoft so wanted to compete with other successful tablet OS's, that they completely abandoned the desktop users. Touch screens are cool, but they are still way overpriced.

I will be sticking with Win 7 for my primary PC for as long as I can.

Linux, Max OS X and Windows 7 are complete shit compared to Windows 8

See I can do it too! :rolleyes:

Back