Windows 8 Beta Soon?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hmmm, Microsoft's Bing home page has a beta swimming across the screen and one of the on screen selection is for "answers to your Windows 8 Consumer Preview." Oh Microsoft, you are sooo clever! Can we just get a date? :D

I think you are special. It's just the Taipei skyline for me because of the Heavenly Lantern Festival.

By the amount of comments since this was posted it looks as if most people don't give a shit about windows failure 8, i know i dont!

The fish is a betta (short for Betta Splendens), spelled with two ts. It's also pronounced bet-ah, NOT bay-tah like the greek letter. ;)

I have run out of Windows licenses and I have a spare machine just waiting for an OS, so I am eager to slap it on and try it out, but I fear that the Metro crap is gonna be a deal breaker for me. I want to try it for myself before shelling out coin for another 7 license.

Checking Technet right now to see if something dropped.

No dice there either.

If it wasn't for the bad printer support and the problems with RDP in the Dev Preview I woulda kept running it in a VM for playing.

The Metro UI is horrid for a desktop, but the underlying changes were nice, like taskman etc etc.

I hope its a huge success on the tablet and phone platforms for them. Microsoft keeps getting called the glacier thats melting, and frankly Windows 7 was a nuke from orbit and I hope Win 8 is no less a hit.

hmm, i wonder what those retards are gonna do now.. let me guess.. probably try to copy some thing they saw on a linux distribution but it will be in the MS simpleton way.. and all in that ridiculous outdated NTFS crappy file system.. i think that covers it, maybe some surprise.. i'll try, but knowing the way those childish ignorants do things these days... :rolleyes:

removing the start button and menu kills it for me, I could have dealt with metro as an alternative but not as a replacement. Looks like win 7 will have as long a life as xp.

I don't know about others, but I rarely use the start button, mostly because I am used to organize shortcuts in folders placed on desktops, e.g. for applications 'Apps', for internet related software it is 'Net Utils' etc. etc
happy.gif
. So I think if it is to go away, it won't bother me in any significant way. However, for a 'less savvy' user it could pose a problem.

Savvy has nothing to do with it..I utterly despise clutter on my desktop. I have a few frequently used programs tagged to my task bar, nothing on the desktop and I use the start menu search for almost everything else.

Back