Windows 7 Span Mode

Eibach

Limp Gawd
Hey I just wanted to see if anyone here knew more information about this subject.

here is a thread i started over on the MSTN forums but obviously they do not know what I'm talking about...

thanks guys

It's a driver thing, not a Windows thing. There's no reason it's not possible, NVIDIA/Ati are just too lazy to put it into their WDDM drivers because barely anyone cares about it and thus it's not cost-effective for them to waste time writing it.

WDDM is a huge improvement - it pulls the video driver out of kernel mode, meaning that when it crashes it doesn't bring the whole system down. This is great because video drivers have historically SUCKED and that grand tradition continues - my NVIDIA drivers crash at least 2-3 times a week when gaming, except under Vista my system's able to fully recover in a few seconds instead of crashing. It's more secure, gives better performance, and is a huge step forward.

Hmm i thought it wasnt a driver thing. Why are so many people telling me so many different things. lol

thanks for the help.

I have no "real" information but it's probably a mix of Window's driver architecture along with the drivers from the video card makers. Something probably doesn't work right between the two and since it's likely there is very little demand for the feature it's not worth the time and effort needed to get it working or find some type of workaround.

I think it's funny how some of the people say that using two and three monitors wouldn't be a problem for video cards. If that was the case, you wouldn't need video cards which are practically monsters to play games on some of the higher res LCDs out there. Besides, as you crank up the resolution a much larger amount of video RAM is needed, especially if you're going to be turning up eye candy and things like AA.

Besides, and I know this is just personal preference, I wouldn't be able to stand the split between the screens no matter what the game. It would annoy me to no end.

Wow, I have no idea how that happend but I posted in the wrong thread... That was so meant for genmay.

My apologies.

Back