Windows 7 Pre-Order People

Krycek1

Gawd
I preordered this on Newegg.com, i hear people have already gotten their copy from other retailers but does anyone know if Newegg is going to ship early or wait till Thursday just to start shipping.

I preordered from Newegg 10/18 and went to check the status and there's no record of the order. ?? Live chatted and was told it will ship on a 1st come 1st serve basis, BUT
it seems to be IN Stock right now. ??

up until today on Newegg it was listed as a pre-order...but it now shows as being in stock...so I'm assuming that they are allowed to ship as of today

I preordered from Newegg 10/18 and went to check the status and there's no record of the order. ?? Live chatted and was told it will ship on a 1st come 1st serve basis, BUT
it seems to be IN Stock right now. ??

I thought the same thing of my 2-copy pre-order but it actually shows under PREORDER STATUS not "order status" or "order history" in the My Account area... I was on hold for a CSR when calling them, before I figured it out :eek: .

Last edited:
Based on this thread, I checked my preorder status in Newegg (preordered back in June) and it reads "Transfer", upgraded from "On Hold". "Transfer" must be some kind of marketing term...

My guess is it doesn't ship til the 22nd.

My order status went from On Hold to Transfer as well, the legend says:

"Transfer: Your order is currently transitioning from Pre-order to formal order. Please check Order Status later for updated information. "

When it went from on hold to transfer it means that they finally charged your card and it was approved and the order is now waiting for them to box and ship depending on inventories.

Tark

My Newegg preorder status is on "Transfer". No charges yet to my account. I'm getting Ultimate 64-bit (OEM).

My Newegg pre-order for OEM copy of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit has been successfully charged as of 10/20 :)

My newegg order now says Processing but my card hasn't been charged yet.

all:

which version are you getting? OEM? retail? ultimate?

Retail Home Upgrade Edition, I got it for the $50 preorder price. Wasn't willing to spend much more than that but I think it was a fair price.

I couldn't go for the $50 upgrade as the upgrade matrix claimed I needed Win7 Ultimate to upgrade my Vista Ultimate... :(. In the end I got 2 copies of Win7 Home Premium OEM (Full) for $99 each, and newegg's order status now says "Charged" with a ship-from location of NJ. Assuming it ships tomorrow (well I guess today at this hour...) I'll have them in-hand on Thursday :D.

Got my newegg "charged" email this morning. Looks like they are all in line with getting it out the door tomorrow.

Got my charged email and my order status is now shipping.

Update:
Shipping notification tracking info says I'll get it on 10/22. Darn UPS they usually deliver around 6:00 PM CT here.

Last edited:
ordered mine yesterday on Newegg...shipped out today

**I used overnight shipping so I'll get it tomorrow

You can still upgrade to Home version of Windows 7 though, right? You just have to do a clean install with the upgrade disc, I think.

http://windows7center.com/news/microsoft-releases-windows-7-upgrade-paths/

I checked the official upgrade matrix from Microsoft's site back when the preorders were going on and Vista Ultimate showed as upgradeable "No" to Win7 Home Premium :eek: .Of course it could be now that I look back at it and the link you posted, that it simply meant an upgrade install couldn't be done, not that the license would be invalid :( .

My newegg order has shipped now, estimated delivery tomorrow (10/22) :D. It's coming from NJ via the free UPS shipping.

I wonder if I will get my copy tomorrow. The order status says shipped and I live about 200 miles from the warehouse and a few other purchases arrived the next day. As silly as it is I can't help but be excited!:D

I checked the official upgrade matrix from Microsoft's site back when the preorders were going on and Vista Ultimate showed as upgradeable "No" to Win7 Home Premium :eek: .Of course it could be now that I look back at it and the link you posted, that it simply meant an upgrade install couldn't be done, not that the license would be invalid :( .

My newegg order has shipped now, estimated delivery tomorrow (10/22) :D. It's coming from NJ via the free UPS shipping.

Mine's been shipped as well. Free shipping, no tax, $50 grand total. Good deal.

Mine shipped from Newegg too- I don't have any tracking info yet. I'm hoping to get it by Friday. If not, UPS won't deliver until Monday.

Yeah mine shippd today no tracking number 3 day shipping. Looks like it's getting here Monday which blows but i'll be on vacation in Miami till tuesday so i guess no a problem, wanted thursday night before i leave for a htpc build.

Anyone pre-order from the Microsoft store? I did and the only thing I received so far was an e-mail a few days ago just giving me a heads up. Just checked my CC and don't see any charges.

Best shipping around, got mine from Amazon.com and have Amazon Prime. So free shipping and SAME DATE RELEASE DELIVERY GUARANTEED. Mine is on the UPS truck, be here today. Can't wait!

I ordered one Home Premium from NewEgg and two from Amazon. I needed three copies, but when I ordered from NewEgg, they had a limit of one per customer. I ordered two more from Amazon and chose the free super-saver shipping. My NewEgg order shipped on the 20th, and got here on the 22nd. The Amazon status is estimating it will ship on the 26th.

I'm in no hurry to install just yet. I'm going to do a major upgrade of my desktop, practically a new build, and then use the old parts from it to upgrade my HTPC. My netbook is the only one that I could go ahead and do now, but I'll have to see if I can get Win7 drivers for everything.

Anyone pre-order from the Microsoft store? I did and the only thing I received so far was an e-mail a few days ago just giving me a heads up. Just checked my CC and don't see any charges.

I did the preorder from MS and got my shipping notification e-mail around 2am this morning.

Back