Windows 7 Hotfix For AMD.

From what I remember this turned out to be a dud. It helped a little in some situations and hurt a little in others.

I was under the impression this was rolled up into some patches and pushed out via Windows Update a while back?

It's over a year old hotfix which means it's been rolled up into a windows update by now. And it didn't do much. I highly doubt the smoothness you noticed was anything more than Placebo tbh.

It has nothing todo with placebo it has something to do that these situations don't occur enough to make a difference.

It can make a small difference but that is only when certain programs make good use of it.

It has nothing todo with placebo it has something to do that these situations don't occur enough to make a difference.

It can make a small difference but that is only when certain programs make good use of it.

Windows loading quicker is certainly going to be placebo in this case. Especially since I'm not seeing an SSD in his sig which means he's likely running of a HDD, and we all know that's the limiting factor when it comes to startup.

Last edited:
It's over a year old hotfix which means it's been rolled up into a windows update by now. And it didn't do much. I highly doubt the smoothness you noticed was anything more than Placebo tbh.

No, it hasn't totally been rolled up yet. You'll still need to download and install both hotfixes if you want the full benefits of both. Many "performance" and "feature" hotfixes like those still have to be searched out in MS Support.

For Q2645594, yes, all the "Nt....exe" in it files have been superseded by newer Windows Update versions. But the Powrprof.dll file in it has not. So you'll still need that hotfix (it won't overwrite the newer Nt....exe files you likely have).

For Q2646060, the Disablecp.exe file it contains isn't available through Windows Update, nor does it come with Windows, so you'll need the hotfix to get it.

No, it hasn't totally been rolled up yet. You'll still need to download and install both hotfixes if you want the full benefits of both. Many "performance" and "feature" hotfixes like those still have to be searched out in MS Support.

Is there a handy list or guide anywhere?

Back