Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ISO

Henri108

Limp Gawd
So, I have a Dell that I just put back together, it has a windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit key on the case. So now I wanted to install Win7 HP and upgrade it to Win10. But I don't find any Home premium ISO. I only have a Ultimate and HP32bit ISO (from 2009 on my IT software server). The microsoft website only lets you download it if you have a non-OEM license.
Anyone got a reliable link to the Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ISO?

Help will be highly appreciated!

Have you tried just installing the latest win10 build and using the key?

Will that work? I can't imagine it would actually... Have you tried it succesfully?

Will that work? I can't imagine it would actually... Have you tried it succesfully?

The latest build allows that, yes. That was one of the big changes in the new build - allowing WIn7 / Win8.1 keys to be inputted during install / activation so you can do a clean install directly.

The original July 2015 ISO for Windows 10 installations required you to a full actual upgrade of Windows 10 on top of whatever qualifying OS you had (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1) - there was no getting around that to get Windows 10 for free because the offer from Microsoft was a free upgrade (see how that works?).

Since the original release, however, so many issues with getting machines installed and activated properly caused Microsoft to alter how they do things and with the release of the "Threshold 2" update which was just over a week ago now, you can clean install Windows 10 on any qualifying machine (aka one that already had Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 on it legitimately and activated with Microsoft). To do this you use the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to create either an ISO you can burn to a DVD or to create a USB installation stick (while a 4GB stick will probably work you might as well shoot for an 8GB or larger USB stick where you can add other stuff, the choice is yours I suppose).

Once that's done, you can use either the bootable DVD or the USB stick to install Windows 10 and when it asks you for a Product Key use the one from the qualifying product and it'll accept the key and do the clean install without requiring you to do any type of upgrade install first.

NICE! Will try it ASAP!
EDIT: But it doesn't have any OS on it as 1 of the HDD's failed in the RAID0 array which had Win7 on it. Now I don't have any OS and no Win7 ISO. I tried with a Win10 Home and entering win7 key, but it didn't work.

It says: This product key didn't work. Please check it and try again.
And I'm sure it's a working one, on the microsoft website it says it's OEM. And I re-entered 2 times to double check.

Last edited:
Anything before Windows 8.... when using OEM media you have to use the version supplied by the OEM to install [insert windows here] onto said OEM hardware. The HP media cannot activate on a Dell PC as each oem has their own unique identifier in the BIOS that matches up to it.

Nice thing is that it does not matter what media you use (home premium, ultimate, etc) it will activate as long as it is Dell media on a Dell machine

Back