Windows 7 Home Premium $29.99 for students

Where you get the cd from? I tried a Open License cd but the damn thing doesn't ask for key or version was hoping to have it work like vista where you pick what you want and wait 30 days guess the open license dvd are different.

Are you guys downloading the DVD from somewhere? I have not got my key but finally got ahold of them and my order is still good. Cant wait for this.

I hope so...but i wont be able to install it until tomorrow when my new HDD comes.

Past 12 in eastern zones... no email for me yet... I really was hoping to dload this while I slept.

got my key in an e-mail + download link 6 min ago :)

didn't take the time to backup all of my stuff today, though. forgot it was Thursday already! Downloading now using digital river download manager, will be done in 26 min...

~~

Product Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit
Release Date: October 21, 2009

Step 1: To prepare for your installation, please review the installation instructions here
US: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows

Step 2: Click on or copy and paste the link below into your browser

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit
[ LINK REMOVED ]

Step 3: By clicking on the ‘Download Now’ button, you will download a small file called a download manager that will facilitate the download of Windows 7

Step 4: Navigate to the location where you saved the small file, open it, select the location you would like the Windows 7 files downloaded to and begin the download of Windows 7

Step 5: When the download of the Windows 7 files are complete, start the installation of Windows 7 by clicking on the file that has the extension ‘.exe.’

Step 6: Insert the 25 character product key Product Key (FPP) for

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit:
[ KEY REMOVED ]

when prompted

Step 7: Start using Windows 7! To learn more, you can find several resources at http://windows.microsoft.com/

got my key in an e-mail + download link 6 min ago :)

didn't take the time to backup all of my stuff today, though. forgot it was Thursday already! Downloading now using digital river download manager, will be done in 26 min...

~~

Product Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit
Release Date: October 21, 2009

Step 1: To prepare for your installation, please review the installation instructions here
US: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows

Step 2: Click on or copy and paste the link below into your browser

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit
[ LINK REMOVED ]

Step 3: By clicking on the ‘Download Now’ button, you will download a small file called a download manager that will facilitate the download of Windows 7

Step 4: Navigate to the location where you saved the small file, open it, select the location you would like the Windows 7 files downloaded to and begin the download of Windows 7

Step 5: When the download of the Windows 7 files are complete, start the installation of Windows 7 by clicking on the file that has the extension ‘.exe.’

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit:
[ KEY REMOVED ]

when prompted

Step 7: Start using Windows 7! To learn more, you can find several resources at http://windows.microsoft.com/

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

does it actually track where you live or something :confused:

how come I still haven't get mine yet..

well, i removed it because it most definitely was a customized URL, I didn't want anyone (potentially) messing with my download :)

I ordered mine back on 9/17 if that's any indication of any sort of "list". And yes, I am on the east coast. Keep in mind I didn't get it until 12:43, though...

well, i removed it because it most definitely was a customized URL, I didn't want anyone (potentially) messing with my download :)

I ordered mine back on 9/17 if that's any indication of any sort of "list".

gotcha, I thought it might have been a catch all that I think it was XP had to download in the past. Ordered mine the 17th as well so who knows.

I ordered mine back on 9/17 if that's any indication of any sort of "list". And yes, I am on the east coast.

huh.. live in west coast....

guess they really do have that stupid time zone...

just backed up everything essential and going to run my clean install now... nobody else got theirs yet??!?!

nope still sitting here... my CC hasnt been charged either.

Same here, my order is still shows "Order Submitted," no charge on the credit card, but I have the download link which I am running right now.

I just realized it was the 22nd and checked my student e-mail account for an e-mail. E-mail received at 1:01am EST (I checked at 1:29 -- not too bad). Unfortunately I'm actually working on papers that I have due tomorrow so I won't be doing the install tonight. Grabbing the download @ ~2MB/s which is what my connection tends to cap out at so that's a plus. Fresh drive waiting for the install tomorrow or this weekend :)

To answer the above question: The link is titled "Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit". You CAN do a clean install with an upgrade disk - typically you just get prompted for an older version install disk at some point during the installation to verify it.

Just got my key...windows 7 professional 64bit for $30. Cant beat that!

UGGGGHHHH!!!! So I finally got it... Swear to god clicked the link like twice to make sure it was loading... then finally got the to many attempts out of 10, sorry you cant dload!! So sent a msg to customer service probably gonna have the physical copy in my hand before the digital knowing my luck.

So...has anyone played around with the Win 7 keys and confirmed that they're retails? :p

Just wanna see if their spokespeople made a mistake and confused upgrades with retail versions or something. :)

where do you get the product key? i did not get one.. or at least it doesnt look like a standard key or is not clearly pointed out.

i am doing my download now which is just strange. they say go to the confirmation page that doesnt exist. help

Mines complete but I don't see an iso. It is some kind of box setup files and theres nothing there big enough to be a copy of windows...............:confused: I hope I am able to burn it to a disc. I didn't download it on the computer I want to upgrade. My little laptop couldn't take 64 bit anyway.

where do you get the product key? i did not get one.. or at least it doesnt look like a standard key or is not clearly pointed out.

i am doing my download now which is just strange. they say go to the confirmation page that doesnt exist. help

Mine came in the email they sent which gave the dl link.

does it look like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx? or something similiar?

i have numbers like xxxxxxxx thats about it.

is it the product sku?
Product SKU: xxx-#####

im downloading it as I type this.

One thing mentioned in the email is

When the download of the Windows 7 files are complete, start the installation of Windows 7 by clicking on the file that has the extension '.exe.'

WTF! If it's an exe install how are you supposed to install this on a system without an OS on it?

i thought it was meant to be an update or self extracting iso?

i'm to scared to click it without figuring out what my key is first

In this article you will find instructions for:

Upgrading to Windows 7. Choose Upgrade to keep your files, settings, and programs from your current version of Windows, and if your current version of Windows can be upgraded. If your version of Windows can't be upgraded, you need to choose Custom.

Installing a custom version of Windows. Choose Custom to completely replace your current operating system, or to install Windows on a specific drive or partition that you select. You can also use Custom if your computer doesn't have an operating system, or if you want to set up a multiboot system on your computer. For more information about setting up a multiboot system, see Install more than one operating system (multiboot).

Reinstalling Windows 7. Choose this option if you want to restore default Windows settings or if you are having trouble with Windows and need to reinstall it by performing a custom installation.

For those who didn't think you could do a fresh install. (I know someone else posted it earlier in the thread, but its reiterated again in the liner notes.

I am downloading at 1.5MB/sec and I will install my SSD tomorrow and start Windows 7 on that. Should be fun.

does it look like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx? or something similiar?

i have numbers like xxxxxxxx thats about it.

is it the product sku?
Product SKU: xxx-#####

Mine:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade - 64 bit:
when prompt

Back